PDA

View Full Version : Energy sensations not really decreasing

Scorpyn
14th March 2006, 11:48 PM
(This is a bit of a FYI post, I'm not really making any questions but rather sharing some observations. Feel free to discuss/ask though if anything seems weird/odd/interesting/boring/nonunderstandable etc.)

I've been doing various energy exercises for about 10 years now, and it appears that instead of having the energy sensations decrease they change character - I'll try to explain my observations below :

When I start with a "fresh" chakra that isn't used to having a lot of energy through it, I get a lot of tingling and it feels like electricity. For example, up until fairly recently I had largely neglected the chakras in the feet, and when properly stimulating them I got them buzzing for about 2-3 days.

However, after stimulating the feet for a while, and the rest of the energy body aswell, it appears that instead of decreasing the feelings are changing. The major difference however is that it doesn't stay as long as when I "overload" the chakras the first time.

What I begin to feel after a while is mainly pressure - as if you were moving a thick ball of energy with your mind, or a non-moving pressure that's pushing from one part of my body to another (for example, I had energy push from the heart chakra and help me keep my chin up a while ago). The feeling of electricity is decreasing the more I train, as long as I keep about the same amount of energy going (if I increase it, I will get the electric feeling again).

One fairly interesting thing is that as I move this pressure around, the muscles react to it. If I move it up and down my spine I will sway back and forth a bit, and if I move it through my legs the muscles will cause the leg to move/twitch slightly back and/or forth, depending on where in the leg the energy is drawn. It's fairly interesting to feel this in the fingers aswell.

If I focus on a single spot on my body, it will (after a while) start to feel almost as if I'm activating that part for the first time again. I get really strong energy sensations, and after a while it gets almost painful if I don't stop. I should probably not have done it on my head/brain area though - I've got a mild headache now that's lasted for a few days (that could be because of lack of sleep though).

I've also had some kind of "burning" energy going up my spine, but that's only happened once as far as I can recall.

One fairly interesting thing is that when I move warm energy as opposed to pressure, there doesn't seem to be a limit to how much I can hold, but rather how fast I can gather it. I am guessing that the warm energy feeling is some kind of healing thing, because that's how it feels. This is not to be confused with the burning feeling, which although similar doesn't really feel healing at all but rather... well... burning. Although they could of course be the same thing but different - I'm not very experienced in this matter so I don't really know.

CFTraveler
15th March 2006, 02:04 AM
Maybe someone should make this a 'sticky'- This is info we should have for reference- for what to expect after years of energy work. Thanks for sharing, Scorpyn!

Scorpyn
15th March 2006, 03:46 PM
I'm not sure if this is actually what to expect, because there seems to be different ways of doing energy work. I've done it in the way that seems to be the easiest for me, but that might mean that I'm missing part of the development or that other people may have found a completely different path.

For example, getting the feeling of heat seems to be done in a different way than the feeling of pressure, and if you're better at getting the heat then perhaps the feelings would be almost completely different to you compared to what I've experienced.

It would still be interesting to know what others feel though, I agree with you on that. There doesn't really seem to be much info about it around.

16th March 2006, 06:26 AM
Scorpyn,
Have you had some kind of trauma? Either phyical or emotional. That can sometimes cause new blockages that then have to be removed by working on them. I get warm feelings doing healings (actually really warm), but never fiery. I've never heard of that with healing energy. But, of course, I don't know all the healers in the world, either! Some may work with firey sensations. :?:

Scorpyn
16th March 2006, 10:55 AM
No, no trauma...

I'm not sure whether the fire feeling is the same as the heat feeling or not. They could be completely different, but as I said I haven't really had that frequently so I don't know.

If the burning feeling really is different to the heat feeling in more than the intensity, then it might actually not be healing energy - but who am I to tell?

I might add that even though I've been doing energy work for about 10 years, it doesn't feel like I've made as much progress as I should have. Whether that's because I keep pushing the limits or because I'm not developing as much as possible is something that's hard for me to tell though. It does feel like the amount of energy I can handle is increasing though, which I take as a good sign.