PDA

View Full Version : TheLawOfOne's OBE Journal

TheLawOfOne
30th August 2010, 07:54 PM
Hi everyone. I will share my experiences online for those of you who actually read these things. Below is my first ever astral projection. I have been projecting for a couple of months so far, but I don't have my journal with me so I will be adding my other journeys later. Enjoy!

1st OBE, beginning of June, 2010

I practice the method of visualizing myself walking around my parent's house, noticing objects here and there and repeating the affirmation "I'm out of body now." I do this and eventually fall asleep. Suddenly, I wake up in the trance state and my body is vibrating. I think "Oh my God it's actually happening. It worked!" After a couple of attempts I separate but can't see. I repeatedly say "clarity now" and I can see. I'm in my apartment. Immediately I shoot up and start flying over my condo. I sweep down over the lake/canal in the back and land on the grass. Then I say "I want to meet my higher self." I repeat this but nothing happens. Oh well. I start to walk towards the front of my complex. But when I walk I hear footsteps behind me. I stop and quickly turn around. The footsteps stop. There's no one there. I walk again. I hear the footsteps in the grass following me. I stop, turn around. The footsteps stop. No one's there. Whatever. I am now in the front of my condo walking towards the stairs, when suddenly a black plastic bag rises up from the ground in front of me. It floats in front of me in the shape of a man, with head and torso. I sense that it is trying to scare me, but I am not scared. I grab the plastic bag and cast it on the ground. There is nothing underneath, just air.

I walk up the stairs and enter my condo. I go to my computer room and my sister is sitting on the ground playing with my cats. I yell her name. She doesn't hear or see me. I go up to the cats and snap my fingers near their ears. They can hear but they can't see me. Then I go to the living room and my ex-boyfriend Rob is sitting on the couch expecting me. That's weird, he sees me but no one else can. I tell him I'm bored now and I want to go back into my body. He follows me into my room where my body is sleeping. I lay on my body and try to "click" in, while Rob stands there watching me. Finally I do and I wake up. But Rob is still there! Then I really wake up and I am back in the real world.

Thoughts: When I first had this OBE I dismissed it for a very vivid dream. Later on as I had more OBEs I realized this had been my first one. I feel that this first one was sort of a training round. I didn't have full conscious control, and it was within a dream with some dream elements, such as my sister and my ex. They don't live with me so I felt they were put there to give me a sense of security. Thinking back I believe that Rob might have been my higher self or spirit guide because it felt like he was there to watch me and sort of guide me. The plastic bag demon/ghost thing felt like a test to see if I would be afraid.

TheLawOfOne
9th September 2010, 02:16 PM
2nd OBE, 06/19/10

I feel, the vibrations. I have problems getting out, but I finally materialize in front of my body by my bedroom door. I have problems seeing so I repeat some affirmations till I can see clearly. Then, I start walking around my condo. I look at my hands and they look different, shorter. Some things in my apartment are off. My green bed sheet is crumpled on top of my coffee table for some reason. The color of it looks really vivid.

Then I go to my balcony sliding glass doors and open them. Behind them is a spectacular sight. There is a grassy, hilly landscape. The sun is glowing silver on the horizon. It looks like morning-time. There are dome-shaped huts made of wicker-like material scattered about. I step down and start walking around the camp, looking for people. I see one in a hut shaking something like a rug. Then, I see two men walking off. I yell at them but they don't seem to hear me.

I keep investigating. Suddenly, near a tree there is a tiny flash of lightning and something floating in the air. I suddenly remember a story my brother-in-law told me in real life that sometimes flashes of light may mean that a higher spirit is there. I wonder if this is what it is. Then, against my will, I am being pulled to the tree. When I get there all I see is a mist floating in the air. I look at it for a while and then I feel a tugging, like I'm supposed to go back to my body. I rebel against it. I say "No. I want to stay longer and investigate!" I am allowed to stay, I turn away from the mist and look around some more. But then I go to the mist again to look at it. However, now in place of it is a fire floating above the ground. I wake up.

TheLawOfOne
10th September 2010, 12:18 AM
3rd OBE, 07/24/10

I feel the vibrations, but they don't feel right. They are stronger and faster. For some reason I start pulsating them from my heart. Then I say, "I'm by the door," and I materialize by my bedroom door. I walk in my apartment and go to the sliding glass door. I think to myself that I will try to experience my higher self, but I notice some mountains behind the curtains and I am intrigued. Not really mountains but tall, rugged hills. I open the sliding glass doors and I am in a cool-looking landscape with green hills and water to the left. It is daytime.

In front of the hills are straw huts scattered on a dirt ground. But the green grassy hills in the distance look so inviting. I see someone walk in a hut. He notices me and goes in quickly to avoid me. I can feel that he is somewhat scared. I follow and slowly walk into the hut so as to not startle him. "Hello" I say. "Hi" he replies, still shy. In the hut I see various items thrown on the dirt ground like garbage. One looks like a TV set from the 70s. It is not working. The guy is sitting on the floor. He looks sad. I kneel down in front of him and ask him, "What is this place?" He replies something but he talks so low I can barely make it out. "Sorry, what did you say?" I ask him. He says it again but I can only catch a few words. I keep asking him and he says, "It's where we go to work out our troubles." I ask him "Is this an afterlife place?" I can't remember what he replied. I start to leave the hut, but I feel sorry for the guy. I can tell he's sad about something. I put my hand on his shoulder and say, "Don't worry. Everything will be alright."

I head over to the hills and notice that there are people sitting. Not really talking, just taking in the rays of the sun. I walk up the hill, feeling the warmth of the sun on my back. It feels good, so real. A little girl sitting there notices me. We introduce ourselves and converse, I can't remember what about. Then I go talk to an Asian lady that's also sitting there, but I can't remember introductions here either. I am intrigued by the hill, so I climb up. At the top, the sight is beautiful. I see the blue ocean on all sides. I yell at the others, "Hey. You gotta come up here. It's really nice here!" They see I'm excited and that interests them so they come up and we start exploring the hill. But when we go to the part near the water, the little girl slips and starts falling. I yell after her, "Don't worry just fly." She starts flying over the water. I say to the Asian lady, "Hey, let's fly with her." We hold hands and start flying over the water, going up down, in loops, "This is great!" we both cheer. One thing I notice though is that the Asian lady is trailing a very thin, lightweight chain (or thinking now, maybe the silver cord?) However it was loose at one end.

Then, the little girl falls in the water. I try to rescue her but one moment she's there, and another moment she's gone. The Asian lady and me go back to the hills. I'm worried about the little girl. The lady says something like "I hope she won't have to start over again." I ask her "will she have to die again?" But I can't remember her response. We walk back to the place where they were sitting and the Asian lady sits down. I ask her her name but I can't remember it now. Then I ask her the name of this place, but again, I can't catch it. I ask her again a couple of times and finally catch it "Live David for the Cora [something] Life Range." I repeat it back to make sure I got it and the Asian lady says "Yes." I start to feel myself go. I say "I remember all." But it's too late. I'm already awake.

Thoughts: How often are we so preoccupied with our troubles that we don't even notice the beauty around us? The man in the hut was prisoner of his own thoughts. It was a dirty, lifeless place. Maybe the Asian lady was dangling a chain because she had broken free, like the others that were enjoying the sun on the hill. I had the feeling that they had once been in huts of their own but had eventually overcome their fear or sadness and ventured to the hills. "Live David for Cora." Overwhelmed by his sadness, maybe the man was living for someone else instead of living for himself.

greytraveller
10th September 2010, 06:01 PM
Greetings TheLawOfOne

It would appear that your sliding glass door is a portal to non-physical astral realms!! Lucky you! :D
It could be that most of the people who live in those places that you visited died in the physical Many years ago and have lived there a Long time. The location could be described as a middle astral realm - a place that is neither very dark and sinister (lower astral) nor very light and cheerful (higher astral). In fact your descriptions of both locations made them appear very similar to physical world places, albeit from a hundred or more years ago.

Regards 8)
Grey

TheLawOfOne
13th September 2010, 03:09 PM
hi greytraveller, well what's interesting about my portal is that every time I get out of my body now, I just go to the sliding glass doors and a new world always awaits me there.

Korpo
13th September 2010, 09:13 PM
Hello, TheLawOfOne.

Very interesting experiences, good writing, too. 8)

When asking to meet your higher self, did you feel desire? Did it have an emotional charge? I'm asking because the astral body is the body of desire, so this might help things along.

The hill and the ocean seem to indicate that you traverse the astral plane here, and get close to the mental plane boundary (the ocean). The hill symbolises the change in consciousness necessary to get to this boundary, going upwards towards the Source. The Source is felt as the sun of this reality, and enjoying the warm sun is symbolic for feeling closer to Source.

The guy in the hut might be an aspect of your self. There's a possible hint to this in what he says.

I remember seeing something like the flashes of light twice while being awake. Both times I could see something like a humanoid figure. I would therefore agree with your assessment of what you saw.

Cheers,
Oliver

TheLawOfOne
14th September 2010, 02:26 PM
Hi Korpo, interesting ideas. Never thought of it like that. But after the last OBE I wrote, I woke up feeling refreshed and with a greater desire to enjoy life. I even gave a homeless guy a $20 that day.

As far as my higher self, I didn't really feel a great desire. I just asked once and then gave up when it didn't work. Maybe I should have kept affirming it till it happened.

TheLawOfOne
21st September 2010, 03:04 PM
4th OBE, 08/22/10

I wake up in the state. I have trouble getting out but I eventually manage. My vision is hazy and my voice has phlegm. I repeat some affirmations several times till I can see and talk clearly. I go to the sliding glass doors that lead to my balcony and open them. Before me is a town. The houses look like the quaint village houses of Switzerland or Austria, but the people look and dress like Moroccans. I fly and land somewhere on the town. I start walking around and notice that the people there seem happy and festive. I come to an area where people are eating under a canopy and I ask a man there where am I, what is this place. He just stares at me with a half smile like he doesn't understand. I joke with him, saying "I know you can understand me." I keep asking where I am but he doesn't answer. I lose interest and start walking around some more.

There is a festival nearby with tons of people partying and dancing on the street. This is going to sound funny but I go looking around for someone to have sex with. I look from person to person trying to pick someone that looks decent. Then I see some people dancing. I go to them and notice a dark guy. He looks Moroccan but his face is also mysteriously shadowy. However, when he comes to dance with me I see his face. I start dancing in a sexual way with him, but it all fades away and I'm back in my body.

5th OBE, 08/22/10

From the previous OBE, I wake up still in the state. I make another effort to get out and do. This time I decide not to pursue the sex thing since it wasn't very gratifying when I tried it. I want to reach for something higher. So I decide I want to meet God. I walk around in my apartment. My vision is still hazy. I say "Clarity now!" several times and it snaps into place. I open the sliding glass door to my balcony and it reveals a landscape of sand, beach grass, and the ocean in the distance. I start walking through the shrubs and the sight looks beautiful. The sun is a glowing yellow orb setting on the horizon, but the rest of the sky looks like night-time with a bright full moon high above.

I fly and land on the shore. Looking out into the ocean I see islands nearby with colorful carnival-looking houses of all different shapes and colors. On the ocean there are ships and sailboats with carnival colors too, colors of the rainbow. I repeat "God, I want to meet you, i want to be one with you, i want to see you" etc. Then I turn around. Coming from the left side of the water, a boat is heading towards me at great speed. The bow is a bit taller than me and it looks like a thai boat. It is coming so fast at me that for a moment I am afraid that it will hit me, but for some reason my fear goes away and I decide to stand my ground. The boat glides on the sand and stops inches away from my face. I get on it and grab a paddle. The water takes me, and I start rowing. I look to the different islands, trying to decide which one I want to explore first, but soon I realize that the current is so strong I can only go one way. I stop paddling and let the current take me. It's fast and I now see that all the boats, including me, are heading in the general direction of the sunset. I look up ahead and there are several larger ships, and among them, a huge vessel with many colored sails. The current keeps taking me. It ends here.

Thoughts: God is a journey. All we have to do is ask and we will be taken there. People may not realize this but we are all heading in the same direction.

CFTraveler
21st September 2010, 05:13 PM
Nice. I like your conclusion.

greytraveller
22nd September 2010, 02:24 AM
You have some interesting OBEs. I particularly liked OBE #5.
I have never met a god, deity or spirit guide in any of my OBEs. Frankly that is not very high on my list of things to do while out of body. I did try to do that one time in an OBE. My experience convinced me that gods and deities probably have more important things to do than meet human OBEers! In fact, it probably works in reverse --- when a god or deity wants to meet a human then that person is somehow summoned. Thats what I surmise given the many OBE and NDE reports that I've read where a person met (a) god or spiritual master.

Regards 8)
Grey

TheLawOfOne
22nd September 2010, 05:17 PM
Thanks guys. I think God will be there for you anytime you ask for him/her/it. Who knows, maybe they are watching when you are doing all these OBEs but you just don't realize it. After all, I believe that there is no time in the astral world, so maybe they do have time for everything. Greytraveller, how exactly did you try to meet God or the deities or spirit guides? I was thinking that maybe next time I will ask if the entity watching me will reveal itself.

Enargo
24th September 2010, 09:18 PM
when you think about the theory of infinite universes. All religions are right.

greytraveller
25th September 2010, 03:25 AM
Greytraveller, how exactly did you try to meet God or the deities or spirit guides?

Well, I happened to randomly appear in a place that I believed might be inhabited by highly spiritual beings, This was during an OBE. It just felt right. I totally expected someone or something to show up. As it turned out I was VERY disappointed. I just waited in this open field and waited and waited. Nothing happened at all. So I just gave up and left. Yet I still believe that there Were higher beings somewhere. They just could not be bothered, or were too busy, to interact with me. Later, after thinking about that experience, I came to the conclusion that there really Are elite beings (for better or worse). So though I was highly disappointed about not meeting anybody at the time now I am perfectly okay with it. This way of thinking may not make sense to some people yet it seems reasonable to me. :)

Regards 8)
Grey

Korpo
1st October 2010, 11:53 AM
Hello, Grey.

Another possibility would be that your inner senses were well enough developed to sense the function of the place you were at, maybe even a bit of the presence of beings there, but not enough to interact. These things develop gradually.

Each energy body develops in seven stages, corresponding to the chakras. So if your mental body is just beginning to develop, these would be the stages:

First chakra: sensing you're in a different body (new unfamiliar inner sense impressions). It's probable that falling asleep in your dreams is an indication of being tired of or bored with the astral body and plane

Second chakra: sensing you're on a new plane (new and unfamiliar feeling location, not seen yet, only sensed)

Third chakra: beginning to move in the new energy body on the new plane (jumping, flying, floating dreams represent this stage in the astral body; the mental body moves more quickly, using the will and more or less instant translocation)

Fourth chakra: beginning to sense the presence of other beings on the new plane and learning to identify them

Fifth chakra: beginning to communicate with other beings on the new plane

Sixth chakra: inner senses coordinate to allow for lucidity on the new plane, being able to represent it to yourself clearly, so that experiences there are vivid and all energies and communications experienced are understood

Seventh chakra: dissolving the perceptual biases that confine you to that plane and body so that you're able to begin exploring the next higher plane and level (if I'm right about your experiences, then this is the stage you are at with the astral body. (from: http://forums.astraldynamics.com/posting.php?mode=quote&f=19&p=121425)

I found for myself that this system holds true. I noticed for example that a lot of the people I encountered did not have anything to say or remained mute. I sometimes thought this was rude or did not try further to communicate. This then gradually changed.

The whole description given above is a bit too linear to ease understanding. There will be a quite a bit of back-and-forth, possibly, as the corresponding abilities develop and new experiences unfold. Some peak experiences sometimes maybe, and a gradual change over time.

Cheers,
Oliver

Korpo
1st October 2010, 12:07 PM
Hello, Grey.

You have some interesting OBEs. I particularly liked OBE #5.
I have never met a god, deity or spirit guide in any of my OBEs. Frankly that is not very high on my list of things to do while out of body. I did try to do that one time in an OBE. My experience convinced me that gods and deities probably have more important things to do than meet human OBEers! In fact, it probably works in reverse --- when a god or deity wants to meet a human then that person is somehow summoned. Thats what I surmise given the many OBE and NDE reports that I've read where a person met (a) god or spiritual master.

It will all happen in its own time. I don't think the consciousness of higher being is limited in the way you assume here. I think they can be in many places at once or even just present "everywhere." Also, remember, nonphysical reality is in a sense not "a space" like we might think of it. Can't even say what it is. :)

I actually think getting in contact with us to teach us is very high priority for many higher beings. If you imagine these things to happen in a certain form you might get disappointed or dismiss significant experiences, but if you persist you might have more significant experiences in this regard than you can imagine now. It's not the flicking of a switch, it's a continuum of experience.

But there is a grain of truth in the original statement, from my point of view at least. This higher contact is facilitated from above, we basically just "show up" for it. Given how many people cannot do that doing this is an achievement all by itself.

Cheers,
Oliver

greytraveller
3rd October 2010, 04:16 PM
Korpo

Yes, your comments are well made. We are in basic agreement about this. The ability to sense and interact on many different "levels' or 'vibrations' or 'frequencies' could well be an ability that has been learned or acquired by more advanced spiritual beings. It could also be that All spiritual beings eventually learn or acquire that ability given enough time and/or experience on the astral plane(s).

Regards 8)
Grey