PDA

View Full Version : Significance of Kundalini Awakening

farewell2arms
2nd September 2010, 06:43 PM
There are many varying descriptions of the kundalini awakening. I have heard it being described as: "The evolutionary dormant seed coming to life" or "evolutionary mechanism of consciousness". There are references to the massive amount of force/energy rising through the central channel, and chakra strobing. But these are merely effects.

My way of doing things is through pursuit of an expansion of consciousness. When I have realizations, I would conclude that I have undergone evolution of consciousness, growth to a new level.

So my question is, why is the effect of kundalini awakening significant or even neccessary? How is growth before different from growth afterwards? Isn't it still... just growth?

And what is the evolutionary seed? Why is it needed when evolution already takes place?

Cheers,

John

CFTraveler
2nd September 2010, 06:57 PM
I don't know that it is needed- some people get them, some don't. I think this is just something that happens, although it can be made to happen- like a siddhi, sort of.

farewell2arms
3rd September 2010, 05:29 AM
I don't know that it is needed- some people get them, some don't. I think this is just something that happens, although it can be made to happen- like a siddhi, sort of.

I kinda imagine it like every person is a glass of water. During pre-kundalini years, we are filling up the glass with water. Then, when the water overflows from the glasss, the awakening happens. I have no idea why I would use that model though. :?:

Does kundalini awaken when you reach samadhi? Is this the actual event of releasing yourself from samsara?

Korpo
3rd September 2010, 08:52 AM
Just my personal take:

Kundalini has become a highly charged term, a samskara of its own. I mean, people get all obsessed by the ideas they attach to it, they think they need it, they develop expectations of what will happen, there will be salvation myths, people will think it is a short cut, it will lead to enlightenment, it has to happen like this, it's dangerous, etc. The usual hype.

I believe that most of the issue is a non-issue. Staying grounded, trying to learn the many different lessons and acting in responsible ways matter more to me. Whatever happens, happens.

This is just my general assessment of the whole "Kundalini issue," not a comment of any kind about you, farewell2arms - just to avoid a misunderstanding. :)

Cheers,
Oliver

Aunt Clair
3rd September 2010, 10:38 AM
There are many varying descriptions of the kundalini awakening. I have heard it being described as: "The evolutionary dormant seed coming to life" or "evolutionary mechanism of consciousness". There are references to the massive amount of force/energy rising through the central channel, and chakra strobing. But these are merely effects.

My way of doing things is through pursuit of an expansion of consciousness. When I have realizations, I would conclude that I have undergone evolution of consciousness, growth to a new level.

So my question is, why is the effect of kundalini awakening significant or even neccessary? How is growth before different from growth afterwards? Isn't it still... just growth?

And what is the evolutionary seed? Why is it needed when evolution already takes place?

Cheers,

John

I believe that expansion of consicousness will not occur without kundalini awakening and that the spirit and soul evolve somewhat with each K event
but that the path is infinite and eternal.

The spirit is the ghost which continues to look and act like that personality but the soul reincarnates carrying the light quotient of the magician into the monad to be diseminated to all of the souls that bud off of that monad.

I believe that the soul carries the code into the next life and that is why we see the guardian angel and the energy body of a sitter with clairvoyant evidence of their past lives working as a magician.

farewell2arms
3rd September 2010, 12:59 PM
Just my personal take:

Kundalini has become a highly charged term, a samskara of its own. I mean, people get all obsessed by the ideas they attach to it, they think they need it, they develop expectations of what will happen, there will be salvation myths, people will think it is a short cut, it will lead to enlightenment, it has to happen like this, it's dangerous, etc. The usual hype.

I believe that most of the issue is a non-issue. Staying grounded, trying to learn the many different lessons and acting in responsible ways matter more to me. Whatever happens, happens.

Thats basically my approach to it aswell. 8)
But what interests me is that there's supposed to be some event (the actual awakening) that marks something though, and I'm trying to figure out what it marks, and why the event takes place at all.

Cheers

I believe that expansion of consicousness will not occur without kundalini awakening and that the spirit and soul evolve somewhat with each K event
but that the path is infinite and eternal.

That makes a lot of sense. But then I would argue that the awakening can be very different from individual to individual, barely noticeable, and that we all have and active K to some extent, not just the people who claim to be "realized" or had an awakening with the well described symptoms.

I have since I started on this journey had a growth in consciousness, and I have certainly not experienced anything like what’s been described by various sources as an awakening.

From a more metaphysical perspective, if we assume that everything is consciousness, then perhaps kundalini would be the force removing the layers and filters that block our perception of ourselves as Source. The very force of life itself as evolution, and every step we take towards source would mean an activation of kundalini energies to some extent.

But the K effects described such as "awakening" or Uraeus exist. I suppose they are markings of important milestones, but not to be aspired for in and of their own, as they are simply just effects of cultivating consciousness.

Am I making sense?

John

Korpo
3rd September 2010, 02:33 PM
Hello, farewell2arms.

That makes a lot of sense. But then I would argue that the awakening can be very different from individual to individual, barely noticeable, and that we all have and active K to some extent, not just the people who claim to be "realized" or had an awakening with the well described symptoms.

I'd expect the same.

From a more metaphysical perspective, if we assume that everything is consciousness, then perhaps kundalini would be the force removing the layers and filters that block our perception of ourselves as Source. The very force of life itself as evolution, and every step we take towards source would mean an activation of kundalini energies to some extent.

I think there's a forceful awakening where basically a powerful triggered event can actually dissolve these layers you talk about. This is the event that for example is described when referencing to the Kundalini syndrome.

Or you can work on dissolving these resistances yourself and the actual rise of this fundamental force will be less noticeable - only over time. It's then not an event, but much more like a continuum of changes, and if you look back some years you would barely recognise yourself. This gradual dissolving of resistances could happen through a great variety of ways, including many spiritual practices and through a consciously chosen well-balanced lifestyle.

But the K effects described such as "awakening" or Uraeus exist. I suppose they are markings of important milestones,

Maybe.

but not to be aspired for in and of their own, as they are simply just effects of cultivating consciousness.

I would say yes.

Cheers,
Oliver

Serpentarius
3rd September 2010, 03:06 PM
But the K effects described such as "awakening" or Uraeus exist. I suppose they are markings of important milestones, but not to be aspired for in and of their own, as they are simply just effects of cultivating consciousness.

I am wondering if it's not more of a two-way process. What I mean is that when you expand your consciousness kundalini awakes, but also when you awake kunalini it expands your consciousness.

farewell2arms
3rd September 2010, 03:50 PM
Or you can work on dissolving these resistances yourself and the actual rise of this fundamental force will be less noticeable - only over time. It's then not an event, but much more like a continuum of changes, and if you look back some years you would barely recognise yourself. This gradual dissolving of resistances could happen through a great variety of ways, including many spiritual practices and through a consciously chosen well-balanced lifestyle.

Brilliant! 8)

I am wondering if it's not more of a two-way process. What I mean is that when you expand your consciousness kundalini awakes, but also when you awake kunalini it expands your consciousness.

Yes, probably. Reality is always far more complicated than we can imagine. I guess that's why conceptualizing doesn't work. But at least it might be a key to a new understanding growing within.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF5-hPVOe6g

Korpo
3rd September 2010, 03:57 PM
Reality is always far more complicated than we can imagine. I guess that's why conceptualizing doesn't work. But at least it might be a key to a new understanding growing within.

Yes, definitely. Not necessarily complicated, but different.

Cheers,
Oliver

Jananz
3rd September 2010, 09:57 PM
Kundalini awakening is analogous to falling in love. We have the potential for love and generally love to a degree prior to "falling in love" romantically. But the love chemistry prior to romantic initiation is generally mild and ongoing. But when we “fall in love” the love chemistry becomes acute and extreme and follows a somewhat predictable sequence of chemical cascade over the course of the love affair. Kundalini is similar...in that we are always lit with life energy but during an awakening the organs and chemistry of consciousness are greatly amplified, and it is a love affair with the whole cosmos that occurs, which is many times more exaggerated, extreme and deeper than any human love affair. Kundalini awakening is an amplification of being human, such that more of our senses, sensitivity and sentience comes online. With a kundalini awakening we have the potential to become more human and more ourselves, and experience a wider, larger life than we could possibly imagine. Until we fall in love with the cosmos, we remain a being in waiting, knowing that there is something more, but not knowing what it is. Thus the pupal human always anticipates their awakening to one degree or another through the inner tension and dissatisfaction inherent in not awakening to unification with the cosmos.

farewell2arms
4th September 2010, 09:10 AM
Kundalini awakening is analogous to falling in love. We have the potential for love and generally love to a degree prior to "falling in love" romantically. But the love chemistry prior to romantic initiation is generally mild and ongoing. But when we “fall in love” the love chemistry becomes acute and extreme and follows a somewhat predictable sequence of chemical cascade over the course of the love affair.

I would disagree with your analogy as I consider "the potential" for growth towards love in reality is equal for all who seeks enlightenment, and does not dependent on chemistry settings in the brain. Why? Because there are no restrictions on growth towards love and towards Source, there is no end, so there can be no potential for it, since it implies measurement.

Kundalini is similar...in that we are always lit with life energy but during an awakening the organs and chemistry of consciousness are greatly amplified, and it is a love affair with the whole cosmos that occurs, which is many times more exaggerated, extreme and deeper than any human love affair. Kundalini awakening is an amplification of being human, such that more of our senses, sensitivity and sentience comes online. With a kundalini awakening we have the potential to become more human and more ourselves, and experience a wider, larger life than we could possibly imagine.

That sounds really beautiful, and I wish you all the best in your personal growth. You seem to have had a blissful awakening. For some though, it can be quite a tough one.

Thus the pupal human always anticipates their awakening to one degree or another through the inner tension and dissatisfaction inherent in not awakening to unification with the cosmos.

Well, it's only natural to want to grow towards love, after all.

Though I still do not grasp why some people seem to have powerful energetic phenomenons as triggers for the events, and some others (like me) hardly notice any triggers. My body matrix keeps filtering out stuff though, but I would never have considered that I have an active kundalini from any of the information sources that I've read. But I suppose it's not really that important since its just a name and a label, what is happening is happening and that's really it.

Take care!

// F2A

Aunt Clair
8th September 2010, 12:10 AM
Imho the powerful symptoms are full blown K events and the subtle ones are pre-K. Each is utilitarian. The Pre-K is necessary to build up the body to the next full blown event like labour brings on the birth.

As these events occur they enlighten the soul somewhat in a continual process which has no endpoint.The soul/mind/atman of the next incarnation is enlightened by the Kundalini that monad is affected by today.

Yamabushi
9th September 2010, 05:22 AM

I kinda imagine it like every person is a glass of water. During pre-kundalini years, we are filling up the glass with water. Then, when the water overflows from the glasss, the awakening happens. I have no idea why I would use that model though. :?:

Does kundalini awaken when you reach samadhi? Is this the actual event of releasing yourself from samsara?

I believe it's common Tantric understanding that samadhi (nirvikalpa, anyway) is not possible without kundalini arisen to the sahasrara. Even if you were not consciously attempting to raise it, it happens anyway.

The final step, it is also said (by Ramana Maharshi at least), is not at the sahasrara, but for the serpent to coil back down and come to rest in the Hridayam heart center at the right side of the chest. This is different from the anahata chakra. When this happens one is said to be in sahaj nirvikalpa samadhi -- constant nirvikalpa even as you walk about in daily life.

farewell2arms
9th September 2010, 08:57 AM
Imho the powerful symptoms are full blown K events and the subtle ones are pre-K. Each is utilitarian. The Pre-K is necessary to build up the body to the next full blown event like labour brings on the birth.

As these events occur they enlighten the soul somewhat in a continual process which has no endpoint.The soul/mind/atman of the next incarnation is enlightened by the Kundalini that monad is affected by today.

I believe it's common Tantric understanding that samadhi (nirvikalpa, anyway) is not possible without kundalini arisen to the sahasrara. Even if you were not consciously attempting to raise it, it happens anyway.

The final step, it is also said (by Ramana Maharshi at least), is not at the sahasrara, but for the serpent to coil back down and come to rest in the Hridayam heart center at the right side of the chest. This is different from the anahata chakra. When this happens one is said to be in sahaj nirvikalpa samadhi -- constant nirvikalpa even as you walk about in daily life.

Thanks, that cleared up a lot.

I have a theory, last night there was an expression that made me understand that the kundalini-related phenomena are as much illusion as everything else. It is merely an effect that we prescribe certain things with our beliefs surrounding it, and thus we can make it good or bad, I suppose.
It shouldn’t be special as it’s as much part of this world as everything else. It’s not more “me” than anything else.

It’s really hard to put it into words, but I’ve gotten the sense that all this “growth” is really not what it might initially seem to be. Perhaps we’re not growing in the sense of expansion taking place from the individual’s point of view.

I mean, it's not like I've gotten anywhere. In the beginning, there was something I thought was me, but it wasn't. How can you move from nothing to nothing?

These is just my personal opinion, of course. (I don’t hold any truth, so don’t take my word for it.)

Tutor
9th September 2010, 01:44 PM
one can move from 'conceptual' nothing to actual nothing. this can be done standing in the middle of everything, doesnt mean one has to deprive themself of their self.

but, i like your theory, a good stance to from, experience uniquely as you.

and yes, having gone through this, it was everybit a magnification of my 'thoughted' self, the good the bad the ugly, and finally the beautiful. i suppose there must be magnification of the unreal so that we can let it go, to just be real as a name in it's unique expression yet sameness of human nature.

the one experience i can attest to, one which many have experienced, is the massive awareness of 'what' is not merely of this self in the brevity. some see it as a download or upload, of 'god' expression; but i simply see it as what is either one of us focused into pin point location as this self purely in it - life as it is.

historically, for those religions having come through history's sifting, we can comparitively recognize the human agency re-cognizing this massive awareness, over and over.

for example, the Vedas 5000 BC and the Gathas 15-1300 BC, may be aligned verse for verse, both re-iterating sameness of expression. also in North America, specifically what is New England, the orally given spirituality of the original People is exactly the message of the Gathas.

so there is point wherein one would touch beyond this life's brevity of self, perhaps ultimately touching "God", but for sure touching the greater awareness which each actually is, even as each is right here right now as a tim, a john, an oliver, a richard, a janet, any name, masculine or feminine.

this we both recognize as, and if within it's magnifying power, re-cognize as...'awakening'.

may we be 'real', which is to just simply 'get over ourselves'.

tim

"Like the empty sky IT has no boundaries,
Yet IT is right in this place, ever profound and clear.
When you seek to know IT you cannot see IT.
You cannot take hold of IT,
But you cannot lose IT.
In not being able to get IT, you get IT.
When you are silent, IT speaks;
When you speak IT is silent.
The great gate is wide open to bestow alms, and no crowd
Is blocking the way."

Cheng tao ke

CFTraveler
11th September 2010, 08:11 PM
Me, I don't believe in 'nothing', except conceptually- but as far as I know, in manifest reality, the concept of 'nothing' is an artificial construct designed to help us perceive one point in the infinite spectrum- but there is no 'nothing'- even what we call vacuum is really near-infinite potential, and this 'nothing' continually creates more of itself.
I'm just sayin', the word 'illusion' is tricky- means more than meets the eye.

Tutor
11th September 2010, 09:56 PM
'actual nothing' is like first love, two persons falling in love with absolutely 'nothing' between them that has become conceptually bound. later in the relationship as some of us well know, there is plenty of pros and cons conceptually bound in the balance, that can tip either way. at this point, both might wish for the 'conceptual nothing', yet these conceptuals aint going nowhere until they are resolved or abandoned in cutting one's losses.

the literality of 'nothing' is the untruth. the non-literal understanding of 'nothing' is the truth, but we cannot see it when at first the literality is not co-present. this is where hindsight would see a 'not-thing' for what it is and is not.

like the first time you ever tasted chocolate, yet all after that first time, tasting chocoloate is about comparisons, mostly to that first time. as is in a relationship, all too often you hear, he or she is not the same person that i fell in love with...boohoo.

this is what shakespear means having said, 'much ado about nothing'. not sure i made my point, but i tryed.

to chase 'nothing' is to end up with nothing, for those who are ever looking for that first time feeling. life dictates commitment, endurance, that in the end, one has something from the "nothing" which at first was their beginning. quotations = non-literality of nothing, or freedom of things present in the 'first'.

so, if we are to conceive this saying, "the last shall be first", then we must let the literal untruth go, the conceptuals, and see the first that is 'actual nothing', the unburdened freedom as opposed to the balancing act of built up pros and cons mis-conceived as truth.

first and foremost, to conceive means to give birth, and secondarily means to construct thought/s in formation of knowing. understanding is birthed through much contraction and labor, while knowing would lead to nothing literally to speak of based upon it's dualistic tendencies.

i cannot be read from constructs behind the literal eye invested in the words at the loss of the messages within them. experiences are a good basis to git er done, yet we are being first and doers secondly. being with sight sees, senses, with no need nor want of 'experiential evidence'. doing should not be abandoned, for sure, taking up 'experiential evidence' in it's self-evident truths, doing from being that is always first in the present, having last and final say, being true to themself, wherein all else and all others are met in trueness.

illusion, miasma, mist, confusion, lost of self...etc....ad infinitum...roadless without direction in a world of marching ordered roads, none of them uniquely yours, to have nothing that is yours at the end of it, even as one started with 'actual nothing' in the beginning of it.

i am something, i am myself, this me which is much ado about nothing. much ado = something (quantity) where none had been, at zero, hopefully awakened to this truth (quality) on a road called by me within as 'myself' for I 'in it' to walk upon. gnosis

tim

farewell2arms
12th September 2010, 08:17 AM
A bit of an update:
There is something lingering just on the edge of my perception now, and as it's been integrated more and more, the more I realize this concept of "I" really is not... anything at all.

That's where things are right now. Trying to stay in the moment and let things happen. Just accept everything as it is. Half-day long dark night periods come and go. I sleep like 12 h every night. I am a bit impatient to get back to that nothing-place again, but it will come when it's time.

:mrgreen:

I don't wanna speculate on anything more right now. It's really easy to get lost in a place like this, so it's important to just go with the flow.

One thing though that I've understood is that if there is no heart in the understanding, there is no true understanding.

John

CFTraveler
12th September 2010, 05:22 PM
It's really easy to get lost in a place like this, so it's important to just go with the flow. Yeah, that is the truth. Thing is, sometimes, maybe years later, you come back right to this.

One thing though that I've understood is that if there is no heart in the understanding, there is no true understanding. I agree, there is probably no truer truth than this.
Sorry about the punniness, I just can't seem to express it differently atm.

Tutor
12th September 2010, 09:57 PM
[quote] It's really easy to get lost in a place like this, so it's important to just go with the flow. Yeah, that is the truth. Thing is, sometimes, maybe years later, you come back right to this.

One thing though that I've understood is that if there is no heart in the understanding, there is no true understanding. I agree, there is probably no truer truth than this.
Sorry about the punniness, I just can't seem to express it differently atm.[/quote:71jewyn8]

I had this morning, written a 'long winded' continuing reply, posted it, left it for some time. but, it was John's summation, "One thing though that I've understood is that if there is no heart in the understanding, there is no true understanding", that brought me back to delete the reply.

because, as you said CFT, "...no truer truth than this".

well...that just about brings tears to the eyes, like seeing one born of long suffering, with re-found opened wings take first flight.

tim

John... "Where Art Thou?" Genesis 3:9

particular attention to Chapter 1, Heart-Searching, specifically up to and ending at first paragraph on page 11 in url below.

http://www.pendlehill.org/images/pamphlets/php106.pdf

Aunt Clair
14th September 2010, 06:33 AM
varying descriptions of kundalini awakening being described ..."evolutionary mechanism of consciousness". But these are merely effects. My way of doing....I have realizations...I would conclude that...my question is... why is the effect of kundalini awakening significant or even neccessary? How is growth before different from growth afterwards? Isn't it still... just growth? And what is the evolutionary seed? Why is it needed when evolution already takes place? Cheers, John
Kundalini may have occurred without awareness of the symptoms. Subtle flames might occur in dreamstate just as some feel harsh growing pains in the bones and joints and others endure no pain, that they are conscious of at least, because of the body's natural mechanism to grow more during the night.
But I am confident it is not possible to expand the consciousness without kundalini . Kundalini is the rushing of energies into the body which affect a dramatic change in the consciousness and which manifests new energy centres affording greater sidhi strength and new sidhi powers.

If a magician has believed their consciousness to be expanded but is not aware or having a kundalini event then either the magician has not noticed their symptoms for any of a variety of reasons or their expansion of consciousness has not been significant.

Any human can grow but without development of the human energy body, which does not occur without kundalini, the consciousness can not expand.The energy body centres manifest with use and flow . Kundalini is the major change in flow . It is like the gear shift of the car moving up the engine to work at a higher level.

The spiritual evolution that has been affected by kundalini has caused humanity to slowly raise its consciousness to fly universally , to hear and see the eternal teaching spirits , to think globally and to feel with greater compassion. One can contemplate but without clairvoyance , clairaudience and projection , the magician can not access the divine curriculum and attain unio mystica. And humanity requires development in the body , mind, soul and spirit. We are in a time that bears witness to many spiritually retarded leaders. It is appalling. We need more awakening not more fattening selfishness. Too many are obese and asleep.

I kinda imagine it like every person is a glass of water. During pre-kundalini years, we are filling up the glass with water. Then, when the water overflows from the glasss, the awakening happens. I have no idea why I would use that model though. :?: Does kundalini awaken when you reach samadhi? Is this the actual event of releasing yourself from samsara?
Reaching Samadhi will not release one from Samsara. If one was truly enlightened they would not want to leave the wheel of life while others still suffer. And if they chose to do so they would not truly be enlightened.They would take more time between incarnations and they would engage in the spiritual enlightenment of humanity through attunements, dreamstate lessons and through teaching as a cosmic spirit.

Just my personal take: Kundalini has become a highly charged term, a samskara of its own. I mean, people get all obsessed by the ideas they attach to it, they think they need it, they develop expectations of what will happen, there will be salvation myths, people will think it is a short cut, it will lead to enlightenment, it has to happen like this, it's dangerous, etc. The usual hype.I believe that most of the issue is a non-issue. Staying grounded, trying to learn the many different lessons and acting in responsible ways matter more to me. Whatever happens, happens.
Thats basically my approach to it aswell. 8) But what interests me is that there's supposed to be some event (the actual awakening) that marks something though, and I'm trying to figure out what it marks, and why the event takes place at all.
The phobias are cyberhype. The importance of this treasure will be appreciated once it occurs.

I believe that expansion of consicousness will not occur without kundalini awakening and that the spirit and soul evolve somewhat with each K event but that the path is infinite and eternal. That makes a lot of sense. But then I would argue that the awakening can be very different from individual to individual, barely noticeable, and that we all have and active K to some extent, not just the people who claim to be "realized" or had an awakening with the well described symptoms. I have since I started on this journey had a growth in consciousness, and I have certainly not experienced anything like what’s been described by various sources as an awakening.From a more metaphysical perspective, if we assume that everything is consciousness, then perhaps kundalini would be the force removing the layers and filters that block our perception of ourselves as Source. The very force of life itself as evolution, and every step we take towards source would mean an activation of kundalini energies to some extent. But the K effects described such as "awakening" or Uraeus exist. I suppose they are markings of important milestones, but not to be aspired for in and of their own, as they are simply just effects of cultivating consciousness. Am I making sense? JohnI emphatically disagree. For the unaware muggle sort of human that could be considered acceptable because they do not know any better but once a human enters a metaphysical path to have a what ever happens , happens "comme ci comme ça"attitude does not make sense. It is like giving up or "sour grapes". It is the purpose of life and why would one that is aware ignore this ? To grow physically requires no thought or effort but to grow magically, metaphysically,and spiritually requires much effort. It will not occur without discipline and dedication.

Kundalini awakening is analogous to falling in love. We have the potential for love and generally love to a degree prior to "falling in love" romantically. But the love chemistry prior to romantic initiation is generally mild and ongoing. But when we “fall in love” the love chemistry becomes acute and extreme and follows a somewhat predictable sequence of chemical cascade over the course of the love affair. I would disagree with your analogy as I consider "the potential" for growth towards love in reality is equal for all who seeks enlightenment, and does not dependent on chemistry settings in the brain. Why? Because there are no restrictions on growth towards love and towards Source, there is no end, so there can be no potential for it, since it implies measurement.Of course it implies measurement .There is a predictable continuum of major K events these can not occur in any other sequence. The energy centres increase in number and size for example ,this is quantifiable and measurable .

Kundalini is similar...in that we are always lit with life energy but during an awakening the organs and chemistry of consciousness are greatly amplified, and it is a love affair with the whole cosmos that occurs, which is many times more exaggerated, extreme and deeper than any human love affair. Kundalini awakening is an amplification of being human, such that more of our senses, sensitivity and sentience comes online. With a kundalini awakening we have the potential to become more human and more ourselves, and experience a wider, larger life than we could possibly imagine. I agree.

Well, it's only natural to want to grow towards love, after all. Though I still do not grasp why some people seem to have powerful energetic phenomenons as triggers for the events, and some others (like me) hardly notice any triggers. My body matrix keeps filtering out stuff though, but I would never have considered that I have an active kundalini from any of the information sources that I've read. But I suppose it's not really that important since its just a name and a label, what is happening is happening and that's really it.Take care! // F2AOne might say the same thing about not having their first kiss ,when their siblings and peers had had theirs.

I have a theory, last night there was an expression that made me understand that the kundalini-related phenomena are as much illusion as everything else. It is merely an effect that we prescribe certain things with our beliefs surrounding it, and thus we can make it good or bad, I suppose.It shouldn’t be special as it’s as much part of this world as everything else. It’s not more “me” than anything else. The entire theme of this thread seems to be your looking for acceptance to just give up your soul's natural thirst for ascension and your need to reconcile this by the confirmation of peers. But that would be a disservice and an untruth. So you have had some awakening? Fantastic! Continue . Do not accept complacency and give up.

I mean, it's not like I've gotten anywhere. In the beginning, there was something I thought was me, but it wasn't. How can you move from nothing to nothing? Because, none of us are nothing. None of us are without a legacy of spirituality . If you reach into your soul and connect with your monad , you will find that you have unlimited potential.

farewell2arms
14th September 2010, 10:07 AM
But I am confident it is not possible to expand the consciousness without kundalini . Kundalini is the rushing of energies into the body which affect a dramatic change in the consciousness and which manifests new energy centres affording greater sidhi strength and new sidhi powers.

If a magician has believed their consciousness to be expanded but is not aware or having a kundalini event then either the magician has not noticed their symptoms for any of a variety of reasons or their expansion of consciousness has not been significant.

Well then, I’d say I’ve just had problems with my definitions. Ive been feeling such symptoms all throughout this year, from the beginning basically and onward. I mean, like blockages clearing out. Heaviness on the crown like bearing a 2kg weight on the top of my head. And the vapor-like energy going through the body, misty flamelike stuff caressing every part, and a lot of other things.

Reaching Samadhi will not release one from Samsara. If one was truly enlightened they would not want to leave the wheel of life while others still suffer. And if they chose to do so they would not truly be enlightened.They would take more time between incarnations and they would engage in the spiritual enlightenment of humanity through attunements, dreamstate lessons and through teaching as a cosmic spirit.

Alright, thanks.

That makes a lot of sense. But then I would argue that the awakening can be very different from individual to individual, barely noticeable, and that we all have and active K to some extent, not just the people who claim to be "realized" or had an awakening with the well described symptoms. I have since I started on this journey had a growth in consciousness, and I have certainly not experienced anything like what’s been described by various sources as an awakening.From a more metaphysical perspective, if we assume that everything is consciousness, then perhaps kundalini would be the force removing the layers and filters that block our perception of ourselves as Source. The very force of life itself as evolution, and every step we take towards source would mean an activation of kundalini energies to some extent. But the K effects described such as "awakening" or Uraeus exist. I suppose they are markings of important milestones, but not to be aspired for in and of their own, as they are simply just effects of cultivating consciousness. Am I making sense? John

I emphatically disagree. For the unaware muggle sort of human that could be considered acceptable because they do not know any better but once a human enters a metaphysical path to have a what ever happens , happens "comme ci comme ça"attitude does not make sense. It is like giving up or "sour grapes". It is the purpose of life and why would one that is aware ignore this ? To grow physically requires no thought or effort but to grow magically, metaphysically,and spiritually requires much effort. It will not occur without discipline and dedication.

Here I was referring to the “awakening” such as the “beginning” or initial occurrence that set development in motion, not the development in itself. Of course development takes discipline and dedication, and such symptoms are very well felt and experienced, though I did not connect it to kundalini activity.

The entire theme of this thread seems to be your looking for acceptance to just give up your soul's natural thirst for ascension and your need to reconcile this by the confirmation of peers. But that would be a disservice and an untruth. So you have had some awakening? Fantastic! Continue . Do not accept complacency and give up.

The entire theme of this thread was supposed to be about what kundalini is and what it does. I got a bit frustrated because I could not understand it. That tends to happen with me when I can’t find answers to things I am really interested in. My question has been answered now, so I am happy.

About the thirst for ascension, I am a traveler and as such a fool that’s trying to find my way around by understanding things. It’s great that you know so much and wish to share, I am grateful for that. I certainly don’t know anything, and I wouldn’t hold it against me if I came to some conclusions that would be considered wrong. I'm already pushing myself hard enough.

Dunno what you’re talking about, about giving up. Can’t really relate to that.

Because, none of us are nothing. None of us are without a legacy of spirituality . If you reach into your soul and connect with your monad , you will find that you have unlimited potential.

Yeah, conceptual nothing does not exist. Whatever we think of isn’t true, and as such, when it scares us it’s because we are not rooted in reality. Reality can never be what we think it is, which means that I don’t fully understand what “safety” means, I don’t fully understand what “perfection” means, I don’t understand what “love” means. It’s all beyond me, it’s greater than whatever little I could project it to be.

That’s why ascension is the greatest gift of all…

Jananz
3rd October 2010, 11:09 PM
Kundalini Is
Radical kundalini awakenings are simply "catch-up" to that which we are beyond our unenlightened condition. An enforced crisis of Grace that breaks through with such ferocity because we have been suppressing human spirit, consciousness and evolution ever since we were apes. The Kundalini vibration involves the release of tension, permitting further growth and sensitivity of the nervous system. Significant changes happen in the body and brain as is evidenced by increased psi, sensory awareness, gnosis, genius, empathy, morality and humanness. Kundalini can be tough because it is the breakdown of the cocoon. Kundalini is the energy of transformation...it is exhausting only because western man is already half dead, demineralized, and build on the damaged molecules of cooked food. Kundalini is activated lifeforce, and lifeforce runs on minerals...so it makes sense to remineralize, eat a raw diet and rebuild the body...removing all that which occludes the light flow. Kundalini is not a distraction, but mundane human life is. Kundalini is the main creative force in building a solid sense of deep peace, joy and equanimity. I think equanimity naturally occurs along with kundalini because of the permanent background of bliss that develops. Metamorphosis restructures us to a higher order allowing us to live a "spiritual" life in the material world. For kundalini IS consciousness. Because kundalini is an amplification of our energy/soul we will experience however we have made ourselves and however we "react" to it. Opening up to kundalini is the same thing as raising kundalini.

Jananz
3rd October 2010, 11:10 PM
Kundalini Is
Radical kundalini awakenings are simply "catch-up" to that which we are beyond our unenlightened condition. An enforced crisis of Grace that breaks through with such ferocity because we have been suppressing human spirit, consciousness and evolution ever since we were apes. The Kundalini vibration involves the release of tension, permitting further growth and sensitivity of the nervous system. Significant changes happen in the body and brain as is evidenced by increased psi, sensory awareness, gnosis, genius, empathy, morality and humanness. Kundalini can be tough because it is the breakdown of the cocoon. Kundalini is the energy of transformation...it is exhausting only because western man is already half dead, demineralized, and build on the damaged molecules of cooked food. Kundalini is activated lifeforce, and lifeforce runs on minerals...so it makes sense to remineralize, eat a raw diet and rebuild the body...removing all that which occludes the light flow. Kundalini is not a distraction, but mundane human life is. Kundalini is the main creative force in building a solid sense of deep peace, joy and equanimity. I think equanimity naturally occurs along with kundalini because of the permanent background of bliss that develops. Metamorphosis restructures us to a higher order allowing us to live a "spiritual" life in the material world. For kundalini IS consciousness. Because kundalini is an amplification of our energy/soul we will experience however we have made ourselves and however we "react" to it. Opening up to kundalini is the same thing as raising kundalini.