PDA

View Full Version : Breathing During Exercises

ccroft
8th September 2010, 05:30 PM
For some reason I feel as though I'm releasing energy that I have transferred through my legs up to my hip (I suppose that would be up to the sub-navel) when I exhale. Inhaling seems to feel as though I'm storing it. Is this typical? Does it even matter as long as I'm focused on transferring the energy?

heliac
9th September 2010, 02:57 AM
I get that feeling sometimes too. When you inhale it kind of feels like energy is gathering up and then when you exhale it can kind of feel like what you just gathered has dissipated.

One thing that i have found that works well is by inhaling to gather and then instead of just letting the energy dissipate on the exhale you concentrate on condensing what you have just gathered on the exhale.

So lets say you are drawing energy up to your sub navel center using the full body circuit.You would inhale(gather) all the way up to your head from your feet. Once there, you exhale and let what you have just gathered at your crown center dissipate or wash down over your forehead, face, throat, chest, down to the sub navel center and then condense it there while finishing up your exhale.

I think a lot of this works off intentions too so you kind of have to tell yourself what you are intending to do as you are doing it. "inhale, gather up to the crown, exhale, wash down condense to the belly"If there is no intention behind it, yea, when you exhale it seems like the energy can kind of just go off on its own when you exhale.I find myself having to focus a little more when exhaling too.

Hope this helps

CFTraveler
9th September 2010, 02:16 PM
I get that feeling sometimes too. When you inhale it kind of feels like energy is gathering up and then when you exhale it can kind of feel like what you just gathered has dissipated.

One thing that i have found that works well is by inhaling to gather and then instead of just letting the energy dissipate on the exhale you concentrate on condensing what you have just gathered on the exhale.

So lets say you are drawing energy up to your sub navel center using the full body circuit.You would inhale(gather) all the way up to your head from your feet. Once there, you exhale and let what you have just gathered at your crown center dissipate or wash down over your forehead, face, throat, chest, down to the sub navel center and then condense it there while finishing up your exhale.

I think a lot of this works off intentions too so you kind of have to tell yourself what you are intending to do as you are doing it. "inhale, gather up to the crown, exhale, wash down condense to the belly"If there is no intention behind it, yea, when you exhale it seems like the energy can kind of just go off on its own when you exhale.I find myself having to focus a little more when exhaling too.

Hope this helps That's what I do too. After a while it's effortless, but in the beginning it does feel like it wants to go away from you- I think it's one case of conditioned reflex- think of all those relaxation exercises in which you release on the exhale-a natural tendency, I think.

heliac
10th September 2010, 12:20 AM
Hi CFTraveler,

That def makes sense, i didn't think of that. Its just natural to let things go on an exhale i guess.

ccroft
3rd October 2010, 12:08 AM
This all helps. It makes more sense. Thanks heliac and CF!