PDA

View Full Version : Hi from England

Psychic Surgeon
11th September 2010, 08:49 AM
Hi everyone
Let me get right into it please. I've been trying to achieve the body asleep mind awake state for several weeks and the same thing keeps happening - I keep falling asleep or I can't get deep enough. It is either too much or too little.

I've tried looking for "markers" I might recognise as I go deeper into the relaxation. I recognise the hypnogogic state which I get into quite quickly now. I feel my body go tingly and then numb ( after energy work to relax). Sometimes I hear my body make a noise as if drifting into sleep. When I hear this I try to stay relaxed but can't help "coming back" a little to try and avoid falling asleep.

I've had one experience where I was trying to relax as usual and suddenly there were a lot of people around me chatting and busying themselves about something. The odd thing about this experience is that I was not in any way alarmed by the sudden appearance of all these strangers in my room!

I thought to myself, "I'm not going to relax with this lot going on." So, I tried to open my eyes but could not. It took me about 10 seconds or so (which seemed like a long time) to open my eyes and move my body.

From what I've read and listening to the 6 CD set I believe that one experience was the closest I've got to mind awake body asleep.

Generaly though, I go too deep and fall asleep or I don't go deep enough. It's as if I get to a certain point when relaxing deeper and deeper and then loose positive control without any kind of warning that it's going to happen. It's as if the sleep state creeps up and grabs me in an instant.

How can I stop this happening - how can I recognise when the sleep state is about to grab me and do something about it before it's too late?

Many Thanks

PS

Tutor
11th September 2010, 02:41 PM
hello :D

tim

CFTraveler
11th September 2010, 04:05 PM
Hi everyone
Let me get right into it please. I've been trying to achieve the body asleep mind awake state for several weeks and the same thing keeps happening - I keep falling asleep or I can't get deep enough. It is either too much or too little. Hi PS. It seems to me that you are achieving the state but do not recognize it, that you are rejecting that which lets you know you are in the state. I'll point it out when I get to the part in which you describe it.

I've tried looking for "markers" I might recognise as I go deeper into the relaxation. I recognise the hypnogogic state which I get into quite quickly now. I feel my body go tingly and then numb ( after energy work to relax). Sometimes I hear my body make a noise as if drifting into sleep. When I hear this I try to stay relaxed but can't help "coming back" a little to try and avoid falling asleep. This is perfectly fine, if you feel you are going to sleep.

I've had one experience where I was trying to relax as usual and suddenly there were a lot of people around me chatting and busying themselves about something. The odd thing about this experience is that I was not in any way alarmed by the sudden appearance of all these strangers in my room! You were already in the state here- all you had to do was get up, or ask one of them to help you out, provided you are trying to have an OBE. If not, you had been in MABA for a little while already.

I thought to myself, "I'm not going to relax with this lot going on." So, I tried to open my eyes but could not. It took me about 10 seconds or so (which seemed like a long time) to open my eyes and move my body. Because you were in deep trance, which is what you were trying to do.

From what I've read and listening to the 6 CD set I believe that one experience was the closest I've got to mind awake body asleep. It wasn't 'close', it was it. I'm not sure what you were expecting.

Generaly though, I go too deep and fall asleep or I don't go deep enough. It's as if I get to a certain point when relaxing deeper and deeper and then loose positive control without any kind of warning that it's going to happen. It's as if the sleep state creeps up and grabs me in an instant. This is common for someone who might need to improve their lucidity or need a bit more energy. Are you doing lucidity exercises or energy work?

How can I stop this happening - how can I recognise when the sleep state is about to grab me and do something about it before it's too late?

Many Thanks

PS If you enter the hypnagogic state, you're there already, but if you're not paralyzed you might want to deepen it a bit more, until the visuals become more stable.
There are exercises you can do when in this state (light hypnagogics, which is medium trance) to help deepen it and get you a little closer before you try exit techniques- look for 'Energy Loosening' exercises which are stickied in the OBE Research & Discussions part of the forum.
Welcome to Astral Dynamics, by the way.
---

Psychic Surgeon
13th September 2010, 07:50 PM
Hello Tim.
Thanks CFT for your reply. You have given me something to work with. Thats just what I need.

Many Thanks

PS