PDA

View Full Version : Automatic body movement?

Rusty the Maggot
24th September 2010, 09:00 PM
Dear All

I have an interesting problem. I often do this thing I have no name for. First I stand still, and, by allowing it to happen, my body starts moving on its own. What I mean is that it's my muscles contracting and releasing, but I don't decide what happens, and I have no idea what kind of movements will occur. I'm just watching...

The movement tends to start quite slowly, involving mainly arms, and then gradually accelerates into all kinds of vigorous whole body shakes and even jumps. I don't know what happens if I just let it go on and on, because after ten or fifteen minutes I start getting exhausted and feel like I need to take a shower.

If anybody saw it, I'm sure they would call the men in white coats. I'm not too alarmed by all this because it feels pleasant. (not sure that's logical...) I know that some medical problems involve involuntary body movement, but in my case it only happens when I want it to happen, and the "choreography" is very rich and varied.

Has anybody experienced this kind of thing? Any interesting theories about what is going on? I would like to think that my body just tries to get all the energies flowing nicely, and I certainly feel very good afterwards, but I have done lots of bodywork and meditation, so can I really still be so blocked that such an intensive activity is needed?

CFTraveler
24th September 2010, 09:36 PM
I am not sure what this can be, although there are various diseases that include involuntary body movements- some forms of palsy can cause this, and I think also it's possible that some forms of epilepsy (there's all kinds of epilepsy) can do it too. So I suggest you take this to a qualified medical professional and get checked out before looking for energetic causes.
Be safe, Rusty.

baalixan
24th September 2010, 09:50 PM
CFtravelers explainations are very valid here, but i have had some experience similar to this.

there are two instances where i've had something similar happen, but not to that extent.
first instance, i was doing energy work in a deep trance, and working my way up to a projection and out of nowhere my left arm simply jumped from being straight at my side, to being across my chest with my hand on my right shoulder. i have no explanation for why, it still seems strange to me.

second instance has happened a couple times, also during a deep trance, but solely for the purpose of projecting. as the vibrations and other sensations start getting really intense, and being almost ready to attempt an exit, i've gotten a really sudden and almost violent left to right and vice versa head jerk. it would do it once or twice before the vibrations subsided and i was ready to exit. once again no explanation....except maybe having a strong flow of energy going through me.

i never get this when i am in a normal waking state, so for my i assume it is related to what i was doing.
definately consider medical causes before energetic tho.

CFTraveler
24th September 2010, 09:58 PM
I always have muscle twitches as I'm falling asleep- this is perfectly normal, and trance makes you more aware of this natural process- but Rusty's account sounds more pronounced than that, it seems to me.

boris
24th September 2010, 10:38 PM
Ruuusty?

:wink:

Neil Templar
25th September 2010, 09:54 AM
in Reconnective healing, we often see involuntary muscle movements in the patient, when we find a particularly strong energetic connection and pull on it.
i've experienced whole arms or legs moving on their own. even a straightening of the spine. so i guess there is a possibility that it could be energy related, but i doubt it, based on the description.. :?

Rusty the Maggot
25th September 2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks, I'm sure the sensible thing to do would be to visit a doctor. The trouble is, I wouldn't be able to demonstrate it, as it requires a state of deep relaxation, and that isn't going to happen if somebody is watching. And explaining it verbally to a doctor would be a little bit like saying: "I am from planet K-PAX, please lock me up in your secure treatment facility."

What I have decided is that I'm not going to do it any more until I know what's going on. Instead I just do Tai Chi. It feels kind of similar, but the movements in Tai Chi are very controlled, so it should be safe, and it's enough to satisfy my passion for movement.

If it is a medical problem, I will find out sooner or later. I have done some googling, and disorders where involuntary body movement happens often involve brain or neurological damage, so there is no prevention or cure, it's more a question of using drugs to suppress the movements. Interestingly, involuntary body movement also happens as a side effect of taking some drugs used for treating mental disorders. It may sound weird, but I find all this really fascinating!

CFTraveler
25th September 2010, 10:00 PM
Sometimes if there has been trauma recently, the situation may resolve itself- I had an acquaintance that was in a car accident and had a similar problem (meditation was part of her religious practice) and her legs would go nuts when she went deep in- of course, the problem happened at bedtime also, and after some therapy for her injuries the symptoms went away. So if this symptom appeared suddenly and doesn't happen all the time, it may be something else.
So I guess I'd recommend waiting some time and trying again, and see what happens.
Ps. you don't have to explain that this is happening as part of a meditative practice, you can tell them it happens sometimes when you're going to sleep, if you want to.

amazingjourney
26th September 2010, 04:05 PM
Hi

I have this type of movement pretty often ever since my intense meditation practice. I am pretty sure it's the movement of inner energy flowing in our body. Even right now I can let the movement just happen as we speak.

We are just too tense to know that we are tense. Our natural state and our body should not be tense. Once our body let go, our inner energy gets to flow freely.

However, at the height of this phenomenon, the energy actually goes into our energy center and stay still there, and this is the most amazing feeling as if our body and mind melting into one. I experienced this for the whole two years. It went on day and night. During this, the energy is settled and grounded in the energy center-- for me it's in the belly area. All I feel is total confidence, strength, faith, compassion, and realization. It doesn't change during meditation or outside of meditation.

distantced
9th February 2011, 05:13 AM
Im experiencing the same thing. Its called "Kundalini". The whole body feels like its unwrapping itself when most relaxed with a centered mindless mind. For me it starts in the neck region, neck spins involuntarily from side to side front to back down and up until it reaches arms and pulls the spine up and down with gentle force that is accompanied with breathing until breath is not even noticeable and the whole body feels as if it expanded. The body feels like its an air balloon and so does the mind, energy travels into every nook and cranny that hasnt been used before. All this is accompanied by mindful/less meditation which is constant. Im not sure what will come next since, the "unwrapping" is now reaching the top of my head with certain "postures" "poses" " "mudras" "facial expressions", also, the spine has a tendency of retreating into the body like a tortoise while pullin head back (automatically) as if trying to rip the back of my head out of the scull and popping every vertebra of the spine from each other as well as snaping them from side to side while traveling with intense energy up. Thats all im going to say for now... let your mind be clear and the light and yearning of your soul be your guide.

ButterflyWoman
9th February 2011, 05:33 AM
Im experiencing the same thing. Its called "Kundalini".
The rising and/or awakening of Kundalini energy can, indeed, cause all manner of strange symptoms, but it generally involves all manner of other signs and symptoms, as well, including mental and emotional changes. A full-on Kundalini awakening can and usually will change your entire life, self, and reality.

We have an entire forum on the topic, for what it's worth: http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/forumdisplay.php?25-Kundalini-and-the-Serpent-of-Fire

PauliEffect
15th June 2011, 04:12 PM
Wow, someone who get the same stuff as me.

To me it's my head which moves while I lay down. It's not twitching and not jerks. The movement is very slow. First my head moves left, slooowly, then perhaps moves right-upwards, and then it continues for 10-15 minutes.

Almost always when I do some kind of energy work or meditation I haven't done before, or if I do more than one session per day.

I think it's limitations of the energy body which is unused to energies taking new and unusual paths. It goes away after some time. And it's reduce the more I practice.

psionickx
15th June 2011, 05:23 PM
Old thread i know (thankyou migration! i'm definitely enjoying the chronological order of placement)....posting in here because K-active people are infact quite prone to this.

Myoclonus is brief, involuntary twitching of a muscle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle) or a group of muscles. It describes a medical sign (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_sign) and, generally, is not a diagnosis of a disease. Brief twitches are perfectly normal. The myoclonic twitches are usually caused by sudden muscle contractions; they also can result from brief lapses of contraction. Contractions are called positive myoclonus; relaxations are called negative myoclonus. The most common time for people to encounter them is while falling asleep (hypnic jerk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk)), but myoclonic jerks are also a sign of a number of neurological disorders (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurological_disorder). Hiccups (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiccup) are also a kind of myoclonic jerk specifically affecting the diaphragm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaphragm_(anatomy)).
Also when a spasm is caused by another person it is known as a "provoked spasm"

:arrow:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myoclonus

CFTraveler
15th June 2011, 05:54 PM
I never knew that a spasm could be caused by another person. Hmm. :|

psionickx
16th June 2011, 12:23 AM
The rising and/or awakening of Kundalini energy can, indeed, cause all manner of strange symptoms

I never knew that a spasm could be caused by another person

K-active people are infact quite prone to this.

Point very well broached :idea:.
Adding to the very same moot point is this : Unknown Contagion factors of the Kundalini Energy Signature.
Shaktipat isnt the only way to transmit/awaken/stir-up Kundalini.Not only having read of other accounts but having known personally of someone who accidentally/inadvertantly initiated Kundalini in their partner after a roll in cattle fodder.......i guess the induction of spasms energetic or otherwise by another person as an idea might deserve more looking into .