PDA

View Full Version : Can I use the BWG with Clonidine

travelerwithin
17th March 2006, 11:41 PM
I have read that you are NOT to use the BWG with a stimulant but i have checked and this is not a stimulant it is used for high blood pressure ect...
I was just courious since it is a type of narcotic used to regulate the body and possibly the brain. My research on this drug actually states that it is used to counter stimulant side effects as well. Please answer asap as I have to start taking this medication by next monday possibly friday at the lastest. I am trying to hold off as long as possible because I am getting alot of benefits from the BWG week 2 in fact i decided to repeat it this next coming week again as long as i can continue to listen to it while taking the meds.

I would really like an answer from Brian on this if you dont mind

18th March 2006, 03:15 AM
You might want to copy your post, re-post it and put for the title "Asking for Brian's help on BWG. He's more likely to see it that way.

I don't know anything about it, sorry.

escogido
18th March 2006, 10:10 AM
The best preset I've ever tried is MAP Week 05: Trance Meditation...it gave me lots of experiences :) It's quite fun and dangerous.
heh offtopic
:lol:

CFTraveler
20th March 2006, 12:22 AM
I don't know if you've had communication with Brian but I would recommend you follow your doctor's direction- If you're supposed to take the medicine, take it and ask your physician about binaural beats. Since they put you in a meditative state, chances is he'll say it's ok, but please check with him. You don't have to tell him what it's for, just what it does- it helps get your brain entrained on a particular frequency. If you have to stop using it while you wait to talk to him/her, then do it- your health is too important to take chances with.

BriMercer
28th March 2006, 07:29 PM
Yes, please check with your medical doctor, preferably the prescriber, to make sure the BWGen won't interact negatively with your meds.

The BWGen is a great tool for learning OBE but it is definitely not required to learn to have an OBE.

Brian

Tom
28th March 2006, 08:01 PM
Yes, it does look like this drug affects the brain directly. The brain stem, anyway. It seems to me that the important question is as to what parts of the brain the binaural beats primarily affect. I don't recall, really, ever reading about synchronization that close to the spinal column. The people who wrote the brainwave generator program probably have EEG studies and can tell you what, if any, the effects are on the brain stem?

http://www.drugs.com/pdr/clonidine_hydrochloride.html

"Clonidine stimulates alpha-adrenoreceptors in the brain stem, resulting in reduced sympathetic outflow from the central nervous system and a decrease in peripheral resistance, renal vascular resistance, heart rate, and blood pressure. Renal blood flow and glomerular filtration rate remain essentially unchanged. Normal postural reflexes are intact and therefore orthostatic symptoms are mild and infrequent."