PDA

View Full Version : Effect of Masturbation on Energy

munkacsy
18th March 2006, 12:27 AM
Does masturbation add to or drain one's energy?

18th March 2006, 03:28 AM
Doh! :shock:

I don't think masturbation drains energy.

Oh, I also heard it can make you go blind and grow hair on the backs of your hands. :D

sash
18th March 2006, 03:52 AM
Yes I think it does from experience, but it also acts as a quick 'boost' of energy for a short period. However I think its accurate to say that it depends on which way the energy is directed.

star
18th March 2006, 05:55 AM
Try directing that energy specificly to a chakra thast giving you trouble...Keep your concentration now...

stargazer
18th March 2006, 06:19 AM
Putting sulfur powder in your shoes will keep away those darn pesky romantic interests, too!

18th March 2006, 06:22 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sash
18th March 2006, 06:59 AM
On a side note,
sharing energy with a partner would not drain it as the focus of energy differs.
At least this is in my experience.

Kalonek
18th March 2006, 01:31 PM
It reminds me of a post that Robert Bruce made on this subject on the AP forums a while ago, which made me laugh :

"Masturbation ?... Yeah I have tried it once when I was a teenager, but I didn't swallow the smoke" :lol:

I think people tend to mix up energy draining and moral on this subject. Yes, masturbation does drain energy. It's not bad, it's just the truth, it's easy to feel. So if you still want to do it, go ahead, it won't kill you, you lose energy every day on many other occasions (emotions etc.), and God's hand won't burn your n*ts for this because noone cares except the astral parasites, but one should know it nevertheless if one plans for example to do some serious energetic practice.

Nay
18th March 2006, 02:15 PM
Doh! :shock:

I don't think masturbation drains energy.

Oh, I also heard it can make you go blind and grow hair on the backs of your hands. :D
:lol: :lol: If that is the case... can't I just do it until I need glasses? http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/Fool/crazy.gif

EDIT: :D Kal, nicely said!

Kalonek
18th March 2006, 02:37 PM
EDIT: :D Kal, nicely said!

By the way, in France we use to say that it makes you go deaf. Teenagers make fun of their friends with this :

"Hey, did you know that mmmmm (*mutter*) ?"
"What ?"
"I SAY DID YOU KNOW THAT MASTURBATION MAKES YOU GO DEAF ?" :lol:

I guess if we believed in everything around this, 99,9% of the world population would be in complete sensory isolation (blind, deaf etc. :lol:)

Anyway, on an energetic level, abstinence leads to the redirection of energy from the sacred centre to the throat centre I have noticed, and thus empowers it. If anyone has more information on this ...

mick
19th March 2006, 05:59 PM
Anyway, on an energetic level, abstinence leads to the redirection of energy from the sacred centre to the throat centre I have noticed, and thus empowers it. If anyone has more information on this ...
Readers of the works of the Great Beast will know that he would power some of his magic by such methods and did not always involve a goat. :)

Any aware person will note the energy and maybe tap it for use, for most it will drift off as it does via many other leaks as per the earlier post by Kalonek.

I read that the EU parliament has been discussing the planning of a super brothel that is to be available for the patrons of the next soccer world cup, so those needing energy might find it useful to find the map references. :)

By the way, in France we use to say that it makes you go deaf. Teenagers make fun of their friends with this :

"Hey, did you know that mmmmm (*mutter*) ?"
"What ?"
I always assumed that was a 'les ros-bifs' joke. :)

Freawaru
19th March 2006, 07:36 PM

Makes sense. But I have to warn everyone to do this for a prolonged time as any overactivation of this chakra can lead to hallucinations and paranoia. Better let the chakras be activated slowly and naturally, not forcing it by self-castation or abstinence.

19th March 2006, 07:59 PM
Ok, so are we making a distinction between self-gratification or sex with a partner? I had sex (or "made love") with my husband this morning. He got up (out of the bed, you perverts :lol: ), and I went back to sleep. I woke up a bit later, meditated, saw the "psychic" white movie screen with full color movie projections on it FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME (not just using visual imagination...we're talking Stephen Spielberg technicolor, here) and then had the most complete OBE experience to date, with strong exit sensations and being able to get my entire body out into the RTZ for the first time, not just an arm, leg, or other body part.

So, if abstinence from sex gives you more paranormal abilities, then I must be SUPER PSYCHIC GIRL 8) , since I, according to this thread, shouldn't have had any "energy". (I need a new avatar, hehehe, a female as a super action hero in a Druid outfit or something :lol: )

Anyhooo....I think if you believe sex or masturbation will deplete your energy, then it will. If you don't believe it, then it won't. (Obviously from my personal experience). I think we are too conditioned by Eastern philosophy and believe it because they have been doing this for so long. But, what if they got it wrong? Or, what if things have changed? Or, what if we create our own reality? And, what if we don't buy into the common belief system, and therefor are able to change it? (I like the last one the best!)

19th March 2006, 08:02 PM
Oh, and WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO for me and the RTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matthew
19th March 2006, 08:31 PM
Congrats on the RTZ, PHG!

From personal experience, I feel that there are definite physical actions that drain energy from specific chakras. However, in dissipating the energy, I believe that surrounding areas of the energy body are stimulated. As an example, PHG had sex this morning and then entered the RTZ. In my experience, sex with another person releases energy throughout the body while draining it from the sexual chakra. The extra energy flowing through her energy body helped PHG with her projection. Masturbation for some reason does not seem to release the energy as widely over the energy body and is seen by most people as a drain.

Does this make masturbation "bad?"

Let me use another chakra as an example. If you practice silencing your internal dialogue for awhile, you will notice that inner silence turns your body into a crazy energy collector.... it is as if your energy body "wakes up."
How does the internal dialogue shut this process down in most of us? Internal dialogue is like mental masturbation for your third eye chakra. Constant mental chatter drains energy. However, most of us would agree that we need to think sometimes....

Hmmm... have I answered any questions? Probably not. I suppose the short answer is that personal experience has proven to me that certain ascetic practices help me retain energy in specific chakras. After all, if we spend part of each day gathering energy, shouldn't we try to keep or conserve it as well?

-Matthew

19th March 2006, 08:46 PM
Matthew, aren't we gathering energy with the purpose of using it? Sort of like eating food so we can funtion in the physical reality? We don't really store the food (except as fat if we eat too much). We convert it to be used as energy for our cellular system.

So, I'm not sure what the purpose of storing energy is except to use it for greater purpose?

Matthew said, "Internal dialogue is like mental masturbation for your third eye chakra. Constant mental chatter drains energy. However, most of us would agree that we need to think sometimes...." This makes sense to me.

Freawaru
19th March 2006, 09:16 PM
I do not think it is this simple. True, when you start with meditation you are adviced to stop the internal chatter. But by now I sometimes can do it with the chatter going on. I do not shut it down but simply detach myself from it just as I detach from other distractions. There are outer senses (eyes, ears etc) and inner senses (thougths, emotions, etc) and what works for one does work for the other. The internal chatter can even be used for meditation, they call it "mindfullness meditation" in Buddhism.

It seems to me there is something we still overlook. Any ideas?

Matthew
19th March 2006, 09:26 PM
Yes, of course PHG, much of our energy is converted for a specific purpose.

However, some of it is wasted. Small expenditures probably don't warrant your attention.
As an example, tapping your foot while sitting wastes energy. It is a totally non-useful act. However, the energy expenditure is small, so you probably don't need to spend all day watching your feet for any errant tapping.

I'll use your example of food here. Many foods cause the third chakra to lose energy. Eating heavy meals means that quite a bit of energy is used for digestion. Is there anything wrong with eating heavy meals? No, but if you always eat food that takes a lot of energy to digest, you are using up unnecessary quantities of energy. Sensible eating will conserve the energy in your third, "digestive," chakra.
So, while energy is being used for the purposes of digestion, that same energy could be used more constructively for other purposes.
As an example, I suggested that internal dialogue was mental masturbation. Well, the digestive system has its own "gut brain:" the enteric nervous system. It contains as many neurons as the spinal cord and acts autonomously to perform many functions (so you have another brain in your stomach- what is it thinking right now :shock: ). Esoterically, the enteric nervous system has many higher (spiritual) functions, which it could be performing more efficiently if it weren't so caught up in digesting everything we cram into our mouths. Let's call it culinary masturbation. :wink:

-Matthew

19th March 2006, 10:52 PM
Matthew,
I haven't read anything about this, but I always assumed that "Life Force Energy" and physical energy with all the busy mitochondria on a cellular level were very different forms of energy. I think of them as "spiritual energy" verses "physical energy". Kind of vibrating at different frequencies. Some of the posts lately have got me thinking about it. I know that the chakras, although not physically seen by doctors and scientists, are directly related to the organs and systems of the body.

Have you studied anything about this? I guess I tend to see them as separate because I have so much training in the medical world and in the spiritual world. I tend to see everything from that dualistic viewpoint. (A skeptical mystic, hehe!) I'd appreciate any knowledge you have on this, or any links. Thanks!

19th March 2006, 11:07 PM
Regarding mental chatter...from my experience as a hypnotherapist and watching people while in trance and afterward, sometimes it uses up a LOT of energy, and sometimes hardly any at all. It totally depends on the person.

Some people get very anxious when trying to go into trance because they can't stop the chatter or the noises they hear from the outside. I always tell them to just let it drift into your consciousness and drift out. Try not to get all uptight about it, because it doesn't matter (hypnotic suggestion). Usually, the Type A personalities just can't seem to relax and let go and accept that it's ok not to have a life changing, profound experience the first time. B types usually say, "Oh, it's ok to hear the noises as long as I can keep bringing myself back to focusing on relaxing?? They are easier to hypnotise the first time and usually have more profound experiences on a first try because they haven't used up all their emotional energy (probably spiritual and physical) worrying about chatter.

The odd thing is, Type A's often end up with more profound experiences in the long run, if they stick with it. I often wonder if this is because they are dealing with some deeper psychological and spiritual issues that may be repressed, and that helps create their type A personality. It's just my own theory, I have no idea if anyone's ever empirically tested it.

mick
19th March 2006, 11:49 PM
So, if abstinence from sex gives you more paranormal abilities, then I must be SUPER PSYCHIC GIRL 8) , since I, according to this thread, shouldn't have had any "energy". (I need a new avatar, hehehe, a female as a super action hero in a Druid outfit or something :lol: )
Why would one not have any energy as a result of sex? it is more a case of releasing some energy and how it might be used by self or otherwise. The benefits of afterglow in a psychic sense are well known and indeed experienced and pursued by many. The thread discusses energy release or leakage as a simple consequence of masturbation and as others have said this is also applicable to other activities. Magicians have used sex both solitary and otherwise as a method for powering magical acts probably for ever.
Now you can see why. :)

In my experience, sex with another person releases energy throughout the body while draining it from the sexual chakra. The extra energy flowing through her energy body helped PHG with her projection. Masturbation for some reason does not seem to release the energy as widely over the energy body and is seen by most people as a drain.
This is a fairly common observation and in itself interesting. There is a difference and having a partner modulates the flow. I recall a past frequent poster by the handle of boydster at AP and GOM discussing this in detail and how energy flows differ. Hm. a research project. :)

Matthew
20th March 2006, 01:07 AM
PHG,
My thoughts on the chakras and their bodily connections are the result of my own observations and experiences. However, much of the information can be verified from chi kung and yoga sources. I'm not recommending any book on the subject right now.
As for the "gut brain," there is a book out titled: The Second Brain: A Groundbreaking New Understanding of Nervous Disorders of the Stomach and Intestine
My chi kung instructors often discussed the enteric nervous system and its importance to the energy body.

-Matthew

20th March 2006, 01:20 AM
Mick said,
"The benefits of afterglow in a psychic sense are well known and indeed experienced and pursued by many."

AHA! Now I get it! I'll have to tell my husband I need more sex! I'm sure he'll hate that. :D I've never studied Tantric Sex or really anything that has to do with sex in a spiritual form. Sounds more like a guy thing! Unless you are a woman in her thirties. That's when female drive REALLY kicks in! Men peak at 18. (Not my ideas, these were studies!) You'd think that by now, we could get it together. :lol:

20th March 2006, 01:21 AM
Thanks, Matthew!

CFTraveler
20th March 2006, 01:37 AM
had the most complete OBE experience to date, with strong exit sensations and being able to get my entire body out into the RTZ for the first time, not just an arm, leg, or other body part. Congrats, PHG! Now you know what technique works for you! :lol:

Seriously, about the 'second brain'- That's why chemical neurotransmitters are called 'neuropeptides' - the brain and the gut have the most receptors for them, and they are one and the same. That's why we have a 'gut' feeling, and have 'bowel insufficiency' :roll: when we're suddenly scared. It also may be a biological component to eating disorders- it's easy to see why anxiety makes some people eat more.

20th March 2006, 01:49 AM
[quote:72k9irk6]Congrats, PHG! Now you know what technique works for you! :lol: [/quote:72k9irk6]

If I have to have sex everytime I want to OBE, I'll have to get a divorce. My husband doesn't like to be woken up in the middle of the night!!! :lol:
We better come up with another technique!

20th March 2006, 01:51 AM
DAE!!!!!!
I can't quit crying, I'm laughing so hard!!! Look at what I did on my last post!! Hahahahahahahahahahaha! I don't think I did it right....ya think!

20th March 2006, 01:56 AM
NAY!!!!!!!!!!
Where are you when I need someone to tell me what a f*&% up I'm being?

Sorry, everyone...I'm having a laughing break down right now. Dae was trying to help me figure out how to put quotes in multiple white boxes. Now I gotta figure out how to edit the thing. Aren't moderators supposed to know these things? Maybe I should be fired???? :oops: :lol: :oops:

Go ahead, talk amongst yourselves! Just ignore me.

CFTraveler
20th March 2006, 02:04 AM
[quote=CFTraveler][quote:1bx1r5mt] [quote=CFTRAVELER]Quote: [/quote:1bx1r5mt][/quote:1bx1r5mt][/quote:1bx1r5mt]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :P

mick
20th March 2006, 02:06 AM
NAY!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, everyone...I'm having a laughing break down right now. Dae was trying to help me figure out how to put quotes in multiple white boxes. Now I gotta figure out how to edit the thing.
Edit button?
Also using the preview button in the post window allows the post to be viewed whilst also having the post window to hand to make corrections.

20th March 2006, 02:13 AM
I got that part, Mick. It's the multiple boxes in boxes that I'm having a tough time with. :roll: :D

mick
20th March 2006, 12:10 PM
I got that part, Mick. It's the multiple boxes in boxes that I'm having a tough time with. :roll: :D
Maybe this is of use, feel free to delete when read.
Keeping in mind that if nested then each box needs to have its own start and end. Using curly brackets to illustrate.
Selecting the text and then clicking on the 'quote' button will place the quotes around the selected text. The quote markers can then be edited to include the name.

{quote}
blah

{quote="PHG"}
PHGs Blah

{quote="mick"}
Micks blah
{/quote} end the mick quote

{quote="muse"}
Muses blah
{/quote} end muses quote

{/quote} end the PHG quote

{/quote} end the first quote

blah

PHGs blah

Micks blah

Muses blah

Nay
20th March 2006, 12:19 PM
NAY!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, everyone...I'm having a laughing break down right now. Dae was trying to help me figure out how to put quotes in multiple white boxes. Now I gotta figure out how to edit the thing. Aren't moderators supposed to know these things? Maybe I should be fired???? :oops: :lol: :oops:

Go ahead, talk amongst yourselves! Just ignore me.

:lol: I was enjoying you tripping over your tongue. I'm sure SD will help ya out, just no using your power against me.. :twisted:

As to comment on the topic, I'm in much of agreement with you. I think it is a matter of preference. When I was as young as five and having spontaneous projection, I had no idea what a Chakra or Sex even was, I just did it. I started meditating almost twenty years ago but still did not know up until a few years ago what a chakra was nor did I know that perhaps having sex was draining me. Yet I've had no problem with conscious projections. And believe me when I met my hubby eleven years ago, there was much going ons.. :lol: and I was having loads more dreams and spontaneous projections. And once my hubby and I had the exact same dream/experience, so I'd say that I don't need to refuse myself nor my hubby some earthly pleasures. That's just me though!

23rd March 2006, 07:11 AM
I've read about sex draining your energy but what's really weird was the couple of occasions of seeing visions during sex. Could the sexual energy be rising to empower the third eye? Strange experiences which I've often wondered about.

sash
23rd March 2006, 09:29 AM
Could the sexual energy be rising to empower the third eye?

Yes, too all chakras.