PDA

View Full Version : Plank Exercise breakthrough

Lira
5th October 2010, 07:54 PM
I've been doing NEW for at least over a year. The plank exercise has intrigued me, but it has taken a lot of concentration. It only has ever gone slowly, but at least it was moving.

Recently I did a weekend-long seminar through The Monroe Institute. In the beginning of each exercise, I'd do some NEW exercises to settle myself down.

One of the CDs we listened to (I think it was Shaman's Heart) had a great, deep drumbeat and a rattling sound that gave the impression of moving around and around the head. It reminded me of the plank exercise, so I tried it, and finally managed to get it swooshing around at a satisfying speed.

It reminded me that the tactile exercises in the beginning of the Energy Work book are designed to help those who may not visualize as well use another of their senses to connect with their energy bodies. The aural exercise was so effective, and it made me think that there are even more senses that can 'flip the switch'.

Then I came here and noticed that Robert Bruce was involved in the set for 'Hemi-Sync Support for Journeys Out of the Body'. Now I've added it to my wish list.

It would be so cool if there were an accompanying CD for the NEW exercises as well.

CFTraveler
5th October 2010, 09:00 PM
Hi Lira.
Long time!
the MAP CD Companion set uses NEW exercises, though not as they are laid out in the new EW book.

Lira
5th October 2010, 09:42 PM
Yes -- I'm coming to this idea a little late! Probably about 5 years ago I purchase Bruce's book on Mastering Astral Projection. It wasn't until I got home and couldn't return it that I found out it was supposed to have a CD with it. Someone had stolen it from the back of the book. So I missed out on that even back then!

CFTraveler
5th October 2010, 10:04 PM
Well, I'm talking about the new set (6 CDs.) it's self-supporting, with a narrator that tells you what to do while you listen to the BB's. It is very different than the original presets on the book- music CDs that you can play on your player (I couldn't say it without the redundancy) instead of a CD rom for the computer.
I like them, I use the sixth one occasionally for meditation.

stoudtLion
9th October 2013, 04:48 AM
Hey,CFTraveler's here with an incredible six exercise ab and core training circuit for you.I think none of these exercises which are boring crunches or sit-ups.Those techniques which will wreck your back and your neck.
A)better for Fallout is a great exercise for your abs because you are getting both good eccentric loading and concentric loading on your abdominal muscles.
B)Modern research shows that if you can hold a side plank for 60 seconds on each side,Your body will have a dramatically reduced risk of injury.The side plank which is going to be working your abdominal, low back and really focusing on your oblique muscles.
C)Spider man climb exercises
D)Regular plank
E)Ab roll outs
F)Bird-dog

CFTraveler
9th October 2013, 02:00 PM
Interesting spam. :| Kind of entertaining, really. How they picked up my nic and everything.

LiraSM
19th October 2013, 02:54 AM
Yeah...strange. A different kind of 'planking' though! P.S. Thanks for your response, and sorry it took so long for me to respond. I'll check it out!

Robust
31st December 2013, 07:12 AM
Thanks for sharing.