PDA

View Full Version : Freaky Lucid Dreams in India

Will
18th March 2006, 03:24 AM
I went to India for two weeks, and whilst out there I had my two first fully lucid dreams. Very often in the past I've said to myself "I'm dreaming" in my dreams, but in India I said "I'm dreaming" and then felt myself physically open my eyes in my dream, and actually "woke up". It was so strange! I've been doing energy work, (but not very much recently I must confess) so I could contribute this new found lucidity to that perhaps. Anyway:

I opened my eyes in my dream and found myself fully conscious. I turned away and walked down a road, concentrating on the feeling of my feet hitting the pavement, and watching my legs as I walked. There were bushes beside the road and I ran my fingers through them and pulled leaves off of them, again concentrating on the physical feelings of doing this, assuming that this would increase the longevity of the experience.

I then heard or sensed someone running up behind me, and everything faded to black, although I could still feel the bushes next to me. I then started to be spun around and around, uncontrollably, and at the same time I heard someone calling my name as if from a distance away. I assumed this person calling me was someone trying to wake me up in "real life" so I forced myself to quickly wake.

As I began waking I started to feel myself enter my body again but I couldn't move, and my consciousness seemed to be almost stuck just outside of my body, about 3 inches above my head. I tried to scream, feeling that I was neither in my body, nor fully out, and my consciousness was vibrating as if I was being physically shaken and I could see a strange blue and purple kaleidoscope around my field of vision. I can't describe how scary this was, nor exactly how it felt. The whole time I was screaming as loud as I could, although the screaming sounded as if it was a long way off, and as if it wasn't coming from my body (which it wasn't, because I didn't wake up my sleeping brother who was next to me)

However, while this was happening I could see / sense a being hunched or hovering above me, but I wasn't scared. I hysterically begged this person (who I called Tim, assuming it was my brother) to hold my hand because I was scared (the hairs on the back of my neck are standing up as I'm typing this), and I felt the person squeeze my hand, as if comforting me. I started to feel my consciousness take control of my body, and as I did so I became more awake and out of the dream state, but the whole time still felt as if I was squeezing someone's hand even as the image of this person faded. By the time I'd become conscious, the feeling of the hand in mine had gone, but my hand still felt as if it had been physically squeezed a very short time before. What was this? What happened to me? It's freaked me out!

Thankyou for taking the time to read this :)

P.S. Last night, in my room at my dad's house - which I've never liked sleeping in, because it always has a strange cold feeling in it and makes me feel uneasy - I woke up mid dream, and was in a similar not-dreaming-not-awake state. This time however I had the feeling of someone trying to physically push me out of bed, and I actually felt them push my consciousness out of my body and felt myself roll out! When this happened I managed to will myself back into my body and to wake up, but I wasn't scared, I was actually annoyed - would you believe it. I sat up, irritated that something had woken me up and annoyed at the fact that it had forced me to move bedrooms. What's going on with me?! What's going on with these experiences?!

Again, I hope you took the time to read this, and I appreciate any help because I have no-one else to turn to and I'm scared :)

Will

jalef
18th March 2006, 04:43 PM
the first was sleep paralysis acompanied by heavy exit sensations. they can be very strong as you describe. for the entiety there are two possibilities:

1. it was halucination what is not uncommon during sleep paralysis and exit.

2. it really was a being. here there are again two possibiliets
1. it is a good one, well then its good.
2. it is a bad one.
for both possibilities i would suggest that you just alow yourself to be pushed out of body and then see what is happening. maybe there will be nothing and you wil habve a normal obe. maybe you will meet your guide or something like that what will surely be a cool experience. maybe you will have a fight what is no problem also because humans are very powerfull beings. you can do everything with your imagination. the biggest problem is fear but if you manage to come over it everything will be OK :D

Will
18th March 2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the reply! Ok, so I'll go with it next time :) I was just worried that if I was pushed out of my body and it was a malicious spirit that maybe it'd try to possess my body or something :/ I'm sleeping in that room again tonight, so it may happen again. My girlfriend's Muslim and she believes that my room may be inhabited by one or more jinn, even though it's quite rare to get them this far from heavily inhabited Muslim areas. It's an interesting idea. What are peoples thoughts on the Islamic religion? From what I hear about it, a lot of the stuff in it ties in with the whole idea of astral travelling and negative and positive entities.

jalef
18th March 2006, 09:38 PM
no problem. did you read stral dynamics? it says that while youre out of body your physical body is maybe even more protected then while youre in, so you really dont have to worry about it. i must admit that i know just about nothing about the islam, so tell us if theres really a jinn :D

Freawaru
19th March 2006, 11:34 AM
In the book "Astral Dynamics" Robert Bruce describes his theory of the "mind split" that does not allow other spirits to enter your body while you are away.To me this theory is convincing as I tend to be bi-local in OBE's and even some lucid dreams. I mean I experience two perspectives simultaniously. Thus I know my body is not empty at all when I am gone. A part of my mind is still inside and noone can enter.

As to being annoyed, I would I would trust my instincts in this. When you felt annoyed you had a reason for it. Memory is a problem for most persons, we do not recall all sensorical and other aspects of these experiences. If you felt annoyed you probably knew something during the experience you do not remember any more.

I never experienced re-entry problems myself but I read that this happens when the part of your mind that is still inside your body is in deep sleep. You have to wait until it wakes up or enters dream-state.