PDA

View Full Version : How did you meet your loved one?

sibouleaux
8th October 2010, 03:03 PM
Hello all!

Wherever you live, sometimes finding the right one can be quite hard. Especially in Western culture, spirituality is not seen the same way as in the Eastern culture. How did you meet your loved one? Is he/she/(it?) living spirituality the same way yo do, or, are you alone in your quest for knowledge and wisdom?

I am very curious, and I'm pretty sure many could learn from this thread!

ButterflyWoman
8th October 2010, 04:54 PM
I met my husband on the net, many years ago, when it was still rather uncommon, in the days before the ubiquity of instant messaging (I think ICQ was around by about 1998, but he couldn't use it since he spent most of his time on a Unix machine; we used to talk via Unix ytalk, very archaic by modern standards), in the days when Yahoo was still just a manually updated index in some grad student's personal account at Berkely, in the days before Google (yes, the internet existed before Google, though I know it's hard to imagine if you don't remember it ;)).

As for spirituality, that's hard to say. My journey is my own, as is everyone's. It's unique. Living is like dying, you really have to do it on your own. You might have some company, but they're not inside your perspective, only you are.

My husband is quite non-mystical, but he's very smart, he's well educated in matters of religion, psychology, myth and archetype, and he's very open minded. When I asked him, not long ago, if he understood most of the spiritual stuff I talked about, he said, "I understand it, but I only grok about a third of it," and I thought that was fair enough. I've really gone past a kind of "point of no return", anyway, and from my perspective now (which is actually simultaneous multiple perspectives), I understand that it's okay if he doesn't grok, it's okay if he doesn't have the same or similar experiences to me. So long as we're in accord - and we are - it's all good.

Besides, he's kind of a centering point for me. It's like I'm the kite, but he's the guy on the ground holding the string. I can fly, but without that anchoring, I might just take off into the stratosphere and never be seen again... :wink:

CFTraveler
8th October 2010, 09:03 PM
I met my husband when I was in college- he didn't go to the same school I did, but was a friend of a friend, etc. and we would see each other often in social occasions. A year or two later we began (quite by accident, or destiny) working in the same place, and started going out. And the rest is history.
My husband, having had no religious background, never identified himself as being either spiritual or not- it was just not something he thought about, until he met me, and being always very open minded, went along with anything I wanted to do- go to church, not go to church, go to another church, etc. I now consider him even more spiritual than me, it just seems to come natural to him- not so much the trappings of it, just the attitude, so to speak.

sibouleaux
8th October 2010, 11:37 PM
I am very glad for both of you! These stories are very touching and I hope that the relationship will last forever both in the physical world and the spiritual world. :D

eyeoneblack
9th October 2010, 03:33 PM
Oh, I'll give your question a shot but I'll be just thinking out loud. I suppose I met my loved one but the ride was just too bumpy for her. That would certainly be the case if she is the mother of my child. But I don't know; does everybody meet his soul-mate? I've never really had that relationship with anybody. We are, generally speaking, fringe people and the older you are the truer that is. We can't even sleep without violating the norms of our culture. As for myself, it just hasn't been easy being green.

I'll venture to guess, however, that life could have been a little more 'normal' had I been female. The 'calling of the Spirit', the psycho chaos of Kundalini, the need for isolation, the brooding and doubts - all this is better tolerated in the female than the male in our culture. I dare say that if I ever did meet my soul-mate she turned tail and ran. And without a doubt I gave her good reason to.

I made a life of highs and lows, never able to maintain the middle way very long, but I was never a burden, always self-sufficient. I was forever a person of deep concern for my family and friends - except my daughter who never doubted I could pull a rabbit from my hat when I needed to - and there you have it! dinner.

But I've wondered from time to time what life would be like with a CFTraveler, a Beekeeper, a Caterpillarwoman or a Karen659 as a partner. Intelligent, educated, insightful ladies the likes of which are smart enough to know to stay away from the likes of me.

Ok, I’m starting to ramble.

How did I meet my loved one? She was a hostess for a posh restaurant in a hotel in Monaco. She was just laying back on a chaise resting around the pool. I was enraptured by her beauty and simply walked up and told her so. She returned the sentiment and the game was on.

I lost her in the crowd of jeweled ladies and their high-rollers but found the restaurant only to learn that she really worked in the kitchen. After being launched by a psycho elevator straight out the top of the hotel and landing in the bay, after facing down a gathering of demons, after finally choosing the right elevator I found her and we embraced and I discovered she was already pregnant with our child.

Then I woke up.

Tutor
9th October 2010, 05:32 PM
i met my wife online, or rather she found me. and all but for the fact she is a she, she sounds like CFT's husband a lot. I see it like, thank god there is someone to keep my eck-centricitys grounded.

i couldnt imagine being married to someone just like me, hell we'd drive each other nuts with the know-it-all-ness. i mean two together can't each know it all, or act like they do.

E1B, thanks for the humorous telling. I got to tell ya though, and no attack on your masculinity, but your equally emergent femininity reveals itself through your writing. i have often thought when reading you, that you was female. that's the mark of spiritual achievement i suppose, balancing the two within for the harmonious expression shared with others.

yup , these are some classy spirited ladies up in here, for sure. i'd say that when they say "jump" in their worlds, that the question "how high?" follows. not saying their counterparts are whooped, just saying they know what they got and how to keep it. like i said, keeping eck-centricity grounded ain't easy, but it is rewarding.

i like that third grokked, CPW, lol. i hear ya, but i am not sure my partner gets me that much. she rolls her eyes a lot. she does her rocky and bullwinkle routine quite often, "and now, mr. know it all!" with her hand motioning toward my pompous self, i of course then I say, "Thank Youuu".

she cracks me up....and i am blessed to have her in our life together.

but this video pretty much sums she and i up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdCWgWlbyLU&NR=1

tim

eyeoneblack
9th October 2010, 06:32 PM
The video? Loved it. :lol:

Rich :lol: ard :lol:

Confusiou says: The beginning of wisdom is (something I shouldn't have said)

Yikes, hope I don't get any flak for that. :?

[edit]

CFTraveler
9th October 2010, 07:21 PM
*Flak*