PDA

View Full Version : Lucid dream or Obe

Imagine
20th March 2006, 03:55 AM
Hello to everyone :D

I'm very new to all of this and am grateful this site is available.

Though I've heard of Obe, I am not familiar with most of the things talked about on this site but will continue to read and learn.

The reason I'm posting is because of a strange dream type experience I've had a few times in the past couple of weeks and I'm trying to figure out what it is.

The last time it happened I found myself standing beside my bed looking down at my body, but the sheets and my pajamas looked different than the ones I had worn to bed. I realized that I was out of my body and decided to hurry and try to do something before it ended. As soon as I turned to try to walk out of the room I felt like I was forced back to sleep while I was moving. It's hard to explain. As I moved, my vision began to dim and go dark, and I was overcome with unbearable sleepiness and could not force my eyes to stay open. I literally went to my knees fighting this sleepiness but lost the fight. Then it was over. It felt similiar to the affects of anesthesia, impossible to fight the pull of going under.

This has happened a few times now. It seems that either the realization of being out of body causes this or the fact that I'm moving away from my body on the bed causes it. I've learned that it's absolutely futile to try to fight the sleepiness, it always wins.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'd appreciate any tips for getting around this problem.

Maybe this is a lucid dream and not an obe?

I have a lot to learn me thinks! :D

Thank you!

CFTraveler
20th March 2006, 01:57 PM
That's very interesting. In my case staying around my body is what causes the loss of energy and faculties. I guess the only thing that I can think of is that when you become aware of the fact you're OB makes you take notice of your body, transferring your consciousness back to it. About the only thing I can think of is the minute you even consider the possibility that you're OB, don't look back- just make a mad dash for the door, or wall, or whatever gets you away from your body. Other than that, consider giving yourself a suggestion before going to sleep to do this.

Imagine
20th March 2006, 07:00 PM
Hi CFT-

Thanks for the response, I was wondering why I hadn't had any responses, maybe whatever this is that I'm experiencing is not common? I've no idea. I've been out of body a few times in the past but this was not part of the experience back then. Thank you for your reply. I never try to obe, it usually just happens, though not often. I'm hoping next time I'm obe I can make a quick get away before it happens again, lol! I thought it might be something everyone here would be familiar with and would know why. Thanks anyway! :D