PDA

View Full Version : BrainWave Generator with Light machine

blau
19th October 2010, 12:11 AM
The information I read suggested that the Procyon light machines would work with the brainwave generator.

I purchased the Procyon AVS system, and I followed the directions for configuring the audiostrobe in the brainwave generator, and I checked the option for using a light machine with the brainwave generator; however, I have been unable to get the brainwave generator to activate the light machine.

Do you have any tips or tricks to get the Procyon avs light machine to connect with the brainwave generator?

Thanks,

Jody

BriMercer
19th October 2010, 10:10 PM
I'm not familiar with the Procyon AVS system specifically, but the way I understand it is that you configure the BWGen telling it that you are going to be using a light machine. When you do this, the preset will sound subtly differently than it did before. That's because it's adding auditory information that will control compatible light machines. If the preset sounds slightly differently with the new configuration, then you are on the right track.

Next, you configure the light machine to listen for that tone (the tone has a name -- I don't have access to the BWGen right at this moment, or I'd tell you exactly what it was called). Most light machines come with their own software for controlling the goggles and essentially what you have to do is override the native goggle software to allow control via the BWGen.

Does that make sense?

Brian

blau
20th October 2010, 02:43 AM
Thank you for the reply; it got me pointed in the right direction. I had initially thought that having the light machine connected to the computer via the usb cable would provide the brainwave generator the ability to communicate with the light machine; this wasn't the case.

So for anyone else that may have this same question, here is what I did to get the brainwave generator to work with the Procyon AVS system:

Plug your headphones into the Procyon AVS player, then use the audio patch cord that comes with the device, and plug it into the headphone jack on your pc, then plug the other end into the aux port on the Procyon AVS player.

Then turn on the Procyon AVS player and press the mode button several times until the display reads "AS" (for audio strobe).

Check the "use external goggles" feature in the options menu of the brainwave generator; and then start the brainwave generator session--this should then activate the Procyon AVS lights.

Again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction Brian.

Jody

CFTraveler
20th October 2010, 02:48 AM
Thank you Brian. I'm going to sticky this topic for anyone else that may need this information.