PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!

BlackTulips88
24th October 2010, 06:48 AM
Hi everyone, my name is Denise. I'm 22, I live in Michigan, US and have all my life. When I was a child I've had experiences of waking up and not being able to move. It was as if I was conscious but not in my body. At the time, I found it to be very frightening. I asked many people about these experiences and got a variety of answers including: "Its just a nightmare"-but I knew I wasn't dreaming..."That means the devil is sitting on you"-a pretty scary answer to a child/teen even though it makes me laugh now....So when I was a teenager and it seemed to suddenly stop happening, I pretty much put the experiences behind me. I am into many different aspects of spirituality and what many have termed "New Age" beliefs, I read a lot and one day I came across some books about astral projection and out of body experiences. When I read these it was as if I had an epiphany. I realized that the experiences I had when I was younger was astral projection. Now, I have "Mastering Astral Projection" and I am really looking forward to being able to have conscious OBEs. I've just started the 90 day program and I'm on Day 2.

I really wasn't sure what exactly to say in this intro, but I hope to talk to you soon.

-Denise

Beekeeper
24th October 2010, 06:58 AM
Welcome, Denise. Your experiences sound like sleep paralysis, which is a springboard to astral projection if all goes well. :D Hope you have a great time on the boards. :D

CFTraveler
24th October 2010, 07:51 PM
Hi Denise. We're very glad you're here. Welcome again.

BlackTulips88
27th October 2010, 03:18 AM
Thanks! I'm glad to be here too! Looking forward to the knowledge the most. I'm following the MAP book to the letter even though I'm longing to jump ahead.

turbulenceadams
27th October 2010, 07:17 AM
Hi Denise,

Isn't it lovely to find this forum? Like all of us I too have memories from when I was young of altered conscious states. The first book I found was in Coleraine library here in Northern Ireland. It was called 'Journeys Out Of The Body' by Robert Monroe.That book opened many vistas for me! There are some really wise souls here with much sage advice. Beekeeper, CFTraveller are 2 of many. There is so much here to springboard from. Enjoy your life and enjoy the forum and welcome.