PDA

View Full Version : Brain Wave Generator....Falling Asleep?

BlackTulips88
27th October 2010, 04:10 AM
Am I doing something wrong? I'm only on Day 3 in the book. The first two days I listened/watched the BrainWave Generator for 20 mins and I was in an extremely relaxed near trance type state. The past two days I have done this and fallen asleep r started drifting to sleep. Has anyone else had this happen? I wouldn't really eve mind, but I'm trying to use the generator before I do my daily exercises....any ideas?

-Denise

turbulenceadams
27th October 2010, 07:31 AM
If you really want to get deep check out J.S. Epperson http://higher-music.com/downloads/
This guy has the sounds that Kate Bush sings about in her song Experiment 4.
You can download some of his albums for a dollar. Listen with headphones in a quiet spot and drift away.
I wouldn't worry so much about falling asleep. You seem to have a good hold on your relaxation exercises. That's one of the hardest things to do. Stay with it and get to know the state of in between. That is the key. That and conquering the fear. Like Frank Herbert writes in Dune - Fear is the mindkiller. When you spend enough time in the shadows, they disappear.

CFTraveler
27th October 2010, 05:00 PM
Am I doing something wrong? I'm only on Day 3 in the book. The first two days I listened/watched the BrainWave Generator for 20 mins and I was in an extremely relaxed near trance type state. The past two days I have done this and fallen asleep r started drifting to sleep. Has anyone else had this happen? I wouldn't really eve mind, but I'm trying to use the generator before I do my daily exercises....any ideas?

-Denise I would say that maybe the timing is important- if you are listening to them at bedtime it may be time to work out another schedule. When I did the program, I did the exercises while listening to the binaurals, in the early afternoon.
The morning may also be a good option, provided it's not too early and it fits in your schedule.

CFTraveler
27th October 2010, 05:02 PM
If you really want to get deep check out J.S. Epperson http://higher-music.com/downloads/
This guy has the sounds that Kate Bush sings about in her song Experiment 4.
You can download some of his albums for a dollar. Listen with headphones in a quiet spot and drift away.
I wouldn't worry so much about falling asleep. You seem to have a good hold on your relaxation exercises. That's one of the hardest things to do. Stay with it and get to know the state of in between. That is the key. That and conquering the fear. Like Frank Herbert writes in Dune - Fear is the mindkiller. When you spend enough time in the shadows, they disappear.

Ta, she's only on day three- I would say she needs time to figure out what works and what doesn't, instead of recommending doing something else right away.

turbulenceadams
27th October 2010, 06:35 PM
Fair 'nuff.

heliac
28th October 2010, 12:45 AM

-Denise

Hi,

Another thing you can try is to take a quick power nap before your sessions if you have the time. 10-20 minutes is all

BlackTulips88
28th October 2010, 01:15 AM
Thanks for the responses and help everyone!

turbulenceadams- I will definitely check those out, if I continue to have issues. Though today went excellent, I'm happy to report.

CFTraveler- I am thinking that timing could have definitely been the issue, today I did all of my exercises in the early evening (as opposed to right before bed) and I had great results. I'm thinking about starting a journal on here to share my experiences with others. I was just so happy with how things went today.

heliac- Thanks for the tip, this is another thing I might implement, especially on the days when I work 10 hour shifts and by the time I get home I'm significantly fatigued.