PDA

View Full Version : Hi all! Looking to reconnect with that part of myself!

Aleitheia
27th October 2010, 08:40 PM
Hi, everyone!

I’m Aleitheia and I’m a 39 year old mother of two; American, but living in France for the past 12 years.

I have been touched by various spiritual, psychic and paranormal phenomena, well, for as long I’ve been breathing, and so my interest and passion for the more mysterious side of nature has been lifelong!

I was 13 years old when I was first consciously aware of having an OBE. (I have since come to realise that I have had quite a few during younger childhood, but didn’t know at the time what I was experiencing). I didn’t have my next one (a partial) until I was 20 years old and it was the first time I had ever experienced the sleep-paralysis and vibrations. It was a very frightening experience for me, as I believed that I had died. When the experience ended and I realised what it was, I became determined to repeat it. I didn’t quite know where to start (this was before the internet, mind you!) and my local library didn’t have much literature, so I ended up buying myself some self-hypnosis tapes. I don’t know how much the tapes helped or if it was just my determination (and, ahem, obsession), but within the next few months, I had another partial…then another, then another. I estimate that over the next three years I had at least 30 partial OBEs, but I never succeeded in getting fully out (not since the one at 13).

Then, finally, it happened. I woke up to the paralysis, the vibrations and the sensation of floating up, and when I reached the point where I would normally stop rising and begin my “descent”, I tried to hold myself there, thinking how much I wanted to go beyond that point and I asked myself, “Now what do I do?”. I heard, for the first time, a male voice in my right ear say, quite clearly, “Try rolling out”. I did…and began my most dramatic full OBE yet, which was actually “witnessed” by my boyfriend-at-the-time. (But I’ll save that for later.) Unfortunately, however, that was to be my last OBE for the next 13 years. I had allowed myself to become frightened during that experience and willingly created a block. Since this time, I have come to terms with my fears (read my first Robert Bruce book “Practical Psychic Self-Defense”, to empower myself) and managed to have another brief full OBE two years ago. Nothing since.

I’m here now because I need to be. I truly believe that I was experiencing these OBEs for a deeper spiritual reason --- some sort of key or turning-point in my personal spiritual evolution. It’s something that the “voice” (my guide) said to me in that OBE, years ago, that leads me to believe it. I just need to find out how to get back on track. I’m hoping that being here will be a step in the right direction (as well as the Astral Dynamics book I’ve just begun!). I'm hoping to find kindred spirits with whom I can share and learn from.

Thanks for reading and I’ll look forward to seeing you all around the forum. :D

CFTraveler
27th October 2010, 09:33 PM
Welcome to the forums, Aleitheia. I hope you enjoy it here.