PDA

View Full Version : scientific dream 'recording' *lol*

Sinera
27th October 2010, 10:34 PM
the title of this article is already pretty misleading, since it is again only about the measuring of brain activity as usual by means of EEGs and MRI/MRTs, and then making systematic "deductions" as to what "wild-firing neuron" can mean what dreamt concept/image etc...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-11635625

"So by observing which brain cell lit up and when, Dr Cerf says he was effectively able to "read the subjects' minds"."

so this is still the materialist scientist's great "DREAM" :mrgreen: : yeah?

it's all the brain, so dreams are to be found "in there" somehow to be retrieved.. :roll:

recording the brain activity is now supposed to be leading to the "recording" of stories, emotions, pictures, scenes in a person's dream "mind" (let alone paranormal dream events like lucid dreaming or telepathy or precognitive dreams...) .. or the thoughts ...

what are they thinking ... er .. dreaming of? :roll: :(

do you think that thoughts and dreams will ever be recorded? :shock:

Neil Templar
27th October 2010, 11:31 PM
:roll:
"The next stage is to monitor the brain activity of the volunteers when they are sleeping."

so, they haven't even gotten that far yet, and they're making grand assumptions.

to know which brain neuron is firing when faced with a specific image is one thing. they'd have to know the subjects exact emotional response to the image at the time. now, when dreaming, would the subject have exactly the same emotional response to that person/image? most likely not. the rest of the dream constructs would be factors too. not to mention to general emotional state of the subject.
and what about physical factors? would a dehydrated subject react exactly the same? or someone in physical pain? or on medication?

good luck scientist guy :wink:

Neil Templar
27th October 2010, 11:36 PM

i believe every thought and dream leaves an energetic 'footprint', so in theory, yes they are recorded somewhere in the past timeline of each individual. but, if that particular energy imprint was to be re-lived, i'm not sure any other than the original 'thinker' would be able to observe it.

i dunno... :?

Tutor
28th October 2010, 03:21 PM
:D

Neil Templar
28th October 2010, 03:44 PM
my thoughts on it...sorry if they dont jive....

tim
they jive, Tim. they jive. :D

Tutor
29th October 2010, 02:05 AM
Thanks Neil :D

means a lot to me for you to have written/said so. 8)

tim

Sinera
29th October 2010, 01:23 PM

i believe every thought and dream leaves an energetic 'footprint', so in theory, yes they are recorded somewhere in the past timeline of each individual. but, if that particular energy imprint was to be re-lived, i'm not sure any other than the original 'thinker' would be able to observe it.

i dunno... :?

That's what I believe too. I was just referring to the physical plane and those demi-god-knowitall-neuro-scientists pretending to be able soon to "film" it. :wink:

I remember in the first Seth book it said that all your dreams are stored too (be it in the akashic or your personal soul library/memory). However, that scares me a bit cuz some dreams I would rather like to forget about :shock: :wink: .

istia
29th October 2010, 04:05 PM
However, that scares me a bit cuz some dreams I would rather like to forget about .
lol but hey i`ve "heard" that in the akashic records, yes of course ethics, but not anything like our odd huumaaan moral would exist :mrgreen: pouh :wink: