PDA

View Full Version : From uakaris to uraeus

sleeper
1st November 2010, 08:50 PM
I'm writing this somewhat prematurely, but i've got Kundalini on my mind right now and i'm going to use my enthusiasm to propel my next project forward. This winter, starting this month, i'm going to actively attempt to repeatedly raise kundalini weekly. I intend to use this thread to share some of the more interesting stuff, and to hold myself accountable.

so this is my announcement to the universe that i am committed.

Obviously i'm doing this for my own personal benefit, however, i'm doing it for other reasons as well. I want to explore the phenomenon, and put many techniques to the test, as well as experiment with some of the more dangerous and perplexing issues with K, especially emotional affects.

And i have some secret reasons as well.

So Universe, God, and Astral Dynamic peeps, hold my feet to the fire.

~Dale

Ouroboros
1st November 2010, 10:42 PM
So we can expect weekly updates with your progress? I'll be looking forward to seeing how this thread develops. :)

Don't get too carried away though, please make sure to keep your health in mind. Can't post updates if the serpent eats you! :P

Jananz
1st November 2010, 11:25 PM
In awakening and integrating kundalini, be aware that the Universe is Taoist and uroboric. Meaning that as you open up the crown chakra it will take you down into your base chakra. As you awaken your prefrontal lobes this will take you down into your brainstem and autonomic system. As your body becomes light as air it will simultaneously become supersensory. As your sex system gets fired up red hot you will move beyond sex. As you become freed from the rules and laws of mankind you will become more universally moral. As you become freed from the chains of matter you become more deeply a part of it.

CFTraveler
2nd November 2010, 02:16 AM
I'll be watching this topic also- I'd like to see how it develops.

farewell2arms
2nd November 2010, 10:49 AM
How do you know you're ready for this kind of undertaking?

psionickx
2nd November 2010, 12:08 PM
congratulations i laud the undertaking -- in my opinion K is the ultimate developemental tool par exellence nothing at all even comes close.
Ive been actively working on activation and uprousal for almost two years.With me it has been results and plateaus.Youll be riding cloud number9 when actual K-related results manifest or when you undergo a spontaneous K-spike fullthrottle.When its a plateau you end up wondering where all the euphoric stuff went?.

Tutor
2nd November 2010, 05:44 PM
In awakening and integrating kundalini, be aware that the Universe is Taoist and uroboric. Meaning that as you open up the crown chakra it will take you down into your base chakra. As you awaken your prefrontal lobes this will take you down into your brainstem and autonomic system. As your body becomes light as air it will simultaneously become supersensory. As your sex system gets fired up red hot you will move beyond sex. As you become freed from the rules and laws of mankind you will become more universally moral. As you become freed from the chains of matter you become more deeply a part of it.

Jananz, that is beautifully written.

Taoist indeed!

tim

sleeper
2nd November 2010, 06:21 PM
So we can expect weekly updates with your progress?

my updates will be sporadic, but probably bi-weekly. Perhaps to my demise, i'll post as much of the essential bits of less interesting stuff as i possibly can. You'll see what i mean when i report on last night's efforts.

Don't get too carried away though, please make sure to keep your health in mind.

Good point; health is a top concern and i'll touch on that as i go.

Can't post updates if the serpent eats you! :P
that's funny. fortunately, i'm not in a hurry to have grand success; i'm just enthusiastically beginning to do the required work. I can't have success if i don't make the effort!

ok i will be aware of that.

I'll be watching this topic also- I'd like to see how it develops.

I will like to see how it develops as well. Most likely, it will start off slow, then BANG! it will be very exciting later on, once i have some momentum.

How do you know you're ready for this kind of undertaking?

because i already raised kundalini some time ago, and i've done lots of preparation since. in my mind, i'm more ready than anyone on the planet...it's the kind of confidence that comes from thousands of hours of hard work.

congratulations i laud the undertaking -- in my opinion K is the ultimate developemental tool par exellence nothing at all even comes close.
Ive been actively working on activation and uprousal for almost two years.With me it has been results and plateaus.Youll be riding cloud number9 when actual K-related results manifest or when you undergo a spontaneous K-spike fullthrottle.When its a plateau you end up wondering where all the euphoric stuff went?.
Here are a few things i wish i had gone through before starting my Kundalini activation/arousal :-

(1)Keep in touch with people who have already gone through such an experience or are cognizant to it :-- In my personal experience there are very disturbing situations where you *actually* doubt your sanity - these pple will help be your gauge and furthermore make sure you stay intouch with actual daily productive life .(Im a final year medstudent so the latter is of utmost importance to me)
(2)The Emotional Roller Coaster :- Learn to master your feelings : no matter how hard or bitter a bullet it be to bite -You will RAGE (i had so much anger that my person/entity/body couldnt even contain it all) -You end up Extremely Libidinous (everthing inside of me lusted for everything MALE and absolute union with one)-Dark/Perverse/Base/Depraved feelings and Power Trips (some of these thaughts were so horrendous i was ashamed to be me).Start getting used to depressive phases -like i said plateaus arent a nice place to be in.
(3)Make sure you have throughly dealt with Childhood Issues or recent traumatic memories:- You'll suddenly remember things that you uptill now you had totally forgotten and then VOILA the memory and what *actually* went on will make PERFECT sense , truth bites and sometimes your guts will churn nauseously in digust when truth hits like thunder
(4)Understand that Kundalini isnt something picked up and dropped later on :- IF youre truly devout and applied to K-work overtime it will start becoming a lifestyle when Kundalini sees your genuine intent she is irresistably drawn to shashumana and then the fireworks start.So be totally and entirely sure that you have the time ,willpower and dedication for the undertaking.
(5)Be ready to change embrace and be open to new ideas:- All that you have known previously might undergo RADICAL change and transformation ,all your old ideas as to what are the workings of the world ,society, interaction and the dynamics of human relationship WILL change ....you will feel very "naked" and vunerable its an inexplicable "snail without a shell" kind of a feeling.Resistance or an inflexible attitude is a surefire bet to feel crappy pretty much 24/7.
(6)Be ready for Confrontation :- You will have to confront YOURSELF in every which way imaginable .when i say every which way i mean just that entirely.Make sure youre ready for such intensive introspective examination.Kundalini will stirr up all the dregs and lees sedimented and at base of your edifice.

there's some good warnings in there. here is my question for you: how do you implement those warnings? in other words, many people try to deal with their emotions but there's like zilch for techniques to do that. I have my techniques, what are yours?

Jananz, that is beautifully written.

Taoist indeed!

though, do not step lightly where angels fear to wantonly tread. angels are there, mind you, however, they be as impersonal functions myriadly cast throughout what is your very own consciousness of mind.

don't get lost for name's sake, for they know your name, that undying Name which all seek after. it is your mind, after all, regardless of copyright.

though, to be certain, you are a non-flamable book, nor may you become water-logged, and when spread wide open from the spine, the written past and future serve as wings upon friendly air, wherefrom is the earth seen in all of Her 'Splendour' and "Majesty", a Kingdom without end, having no beginning but that which is You now seeing her without resolute error kept in your eyes.

For it is error alone which is flammable, and error which becomes water-logged, and error which in it's heaviness keeps a body landlocked. so let go and dont be burned in holding on to. let go and dont be dragged down to your drowning. let go and dont be held down by what you are holding to.

the earth, She ever innocent, She eternally un-erring, our very flesh redeemed not for flesh's sake, but rather, for the sake of being error free.

Let no accuser accuse thee from within, for what is impersonal cares not for the personal resolute error kept, and will point it out. but it is not you being pointed out, merely the error being pointed out. therefore, when pointedly proven, let 'it' go, rise and walk on free of 'it'.

let go of grasped words held in thoughts alone. you are nameless requiring no names. your name is You, and it is you alone stepping into You.

imagine the disgust felt, when you yourself out walking hear your name called from a stranger who knows you not. how dare this person with a name assume to know myself.

therefore, upon meeting a function within, do not insult with a naming posture. for when You understand and know your namelessness, all names are yours.

the world outlying is for naming. the world outlying is not where you are stepping into. the world inlying is lying from resolute errors kept.

therefore, walk softly and carry a big stick. this stick is your spine, that which first forming holds the wings of your life's pages. every page in and of your hand written. a riddle...

hold the center, but know when to get out of your own way. for every function within is You, functionally, even as you from mal-function walk.

so, in holding the center, it is not you getting out of the way, but rather, it is you assuming the function upon letting go of mal-function. therefore is you gotten out of your own way. it is your mind after all, but you have to walk through the center of this all, from uakaris to uraeus, you see.

no-thing can accuses the everything which passes through it. et all of all et = You

your mind, your heart, your soul....all You as your own way.

do what thou wilt, but do no harm.

for it is you alone which may be harmed in you. surrender even in the sight of battle raging, ofr that is what mal-functions do as per what you resolutely in and of error keep.

when You have your voice, then simply inform what is mal-formed to stand down as you also do. therein is understanding founded, the peace be still resounded.

take your worldy sword and drive it into a stone outlying, and at the end of your inward way find it within for pulling out. hence forth not Uther enslaved to lust and fortune, but now Arthur, the author of your freed life.

that we have this story, a great secret is already revealed, for Arthur and the Land are One, He is the Holy Grail as He would see to speak it so. arche-typically speaking. yet, no-thing need be written, lest one find themself again with one wing missing.

it is written, therefore speak it forth as your's received. simply because this wing is unseen, merely means one leaning sharlpy within, flys in a tight circle around the object of their desire, life as it is.

best wishes and prayers for your inward journey Dale, but don't take the journey, receive it one functional step at a time. this means you might have to rest and ponder it before the next step is received. steps like moments, are not specific incremental time. they have their own sense of readiness in due time.

tim

umm, if you're telling me to wait until kundalini comes to me again, i've already done that. it came that way once, and now effort and focus are required to raise her again.

do what thou wilt is an aleister crowley line. are you a crowley-ist?

as far as my name goes, i've lived too many lives on too many worlds to have one name. i'm nameless in the sense that i have too many identities to cling to any one. what's in a name? i have no idea.

sleeper
3rd November 2010, 05:12 PM
Kundalini does not cause insanity or health problems. Energy blockages, which are the crux of eastern medicine, are the source of kundalini-syndrome. when kundalini rises, it excites every energy portal and pathway in the body (or nearly every one, depending on the intensity and type of your experience). so the activity of the Kundalini event tears through every energy pathway, blocked or not. After the experience, the energy body changes and develops rapidly and for months (if not longer). so the blockages in the emotional body or energy body are "excited" to extremes.

that means that every residual feeling, every emotional blockage, every limiting/restricting part of your personality and past are brought to the forefront of your consciousness. you will be vividly aware of all of your worst nightmares and unlike a movie, you won't be able to look away or turn it off. Unlike a dream, you can't "wake up." in this case you are super-awake, vivid and lucidly aware. no amount of drugs can suppress this (unless they kill you or keep you unconscious maybe). so if you carry a lot of anger, then you will feel constantly angry until you deal with the source of your anger, deal with energy blockage and the emotional aspect. and you have to learn new life skills to prevent you from creating new blockages and to keep you from falling back into old ways of doing things.

if you carry sadness, you will be extremely sad. before Kundalini, intense emotions would rapidly drain you of energy and you would likely just have a breakdown and fall asleep or something. After K, you will have no breakdown (not like before, at least) and you will have enough energy to be very sad for very long periods of time; weeks instead of hours.

if you carry fear, then after K you will have fear on steroids. etc. etc. because the emotion is stored energetically and it is literally blocking a pathway that other energies are attempting to pass through, put simply. so the energy runs into the blockage and says "nudge, nudge" trying to get past. if it's nudging fear, you will both feel "nudge, nudge (if you've actually raised K rather than awoken energies) and you'll feel "fear, fear."

this is because of the energetic nature of emotions and not because "k makes you crazy;" actually the opposite is true. If energy makes you feel crazy, then you were crazy all the while before BUT didn't know it. now you just know it.

and that is why, my friends, that is why i say face your emotions and do not suppress them. You can face them now, by choice, or later, by force.

~Dale

sleeper
3rd November 2010, 06:15 PM
this first report, like the ones to follow it, will probably seem trite but later, much later, they will shine like gems. their true value will be evident long after their posting.

I'm just going to basically list some of the essential bits of info i'll be gleaning from my toying around sessions over the next 2 or few weeks. I need that time to wrap up some other time consuming projects that i'm working on.

.................................................. .

Tonight:

since the heat is on emotions right now, i'll share what i'll be doing for my emotions tonight. i'll be at the jiu jitsu club tonight, with about 1 hour of Q&A and 1 hour of instructor course. to optimize my time there, i'll be on a foam roller and/or tennis ball performing myofascial release on myself during those two hours.

As you may know, many massage therapists believe that emotions are stored in the fascial sheath of the body and they use their elbows to slowly and intensely stretch the fascia, facilitating "emotional release" on the massage table. we'll see what emotions "come out."

Monday night's session (1-Nov. 2010)
I haven't been meditating regularly this year, so my first thought was "i wonder how this type of meditation is different for novices and experts?" i wanted to focus on that by my mediation took me in other directions. but for skill level, on huge massive difference is intensity of focus. when raising energy for long periods, it's easy to drift off with the faeries. Also, when flexing the energy into one place (the perenium) the energy will leak out if my focus is weak and it will "stack up" there if my focus is strong and persistent. so speed in success depends largely on consistency and intensity of focus.

I cleared my mind and went immediately into the "thoughtless state" (i forget what it's called, but it's different from the no-mind state). the thoughtless state comes about (for me) from whole-body awareness. when i am actively aware of every inch of my skin, most mechanizations of the mind just stop. this is different than robert's though pressure method, which i use (thanks to RB) when i project.

so being mostly thoughtless, energy came pouring (slowly) into my body from head to toe and into my solar plexus.
Note 1: i had food in my stomach, and i needed to poop, which dramatically slowed down energy inflow
what to do about it? schedule my meals around my spiritual practice
improve my transit time of food by improving my digestive health
note 2: posture is important to increase energy flow
what to do? exaggerate spinal flexion from the lumbar to the top of the head. that means have an exaggerated curve in the spine and the head leaning back somewhat. the energy flows upward and downward much faster and stacks well in the solar plexus that way.

Note 3: more posture
expand the diaphragm, pressing the belly button away from the spine, to get more energy into the solar plexus.

note 4: cover the eyes or meditate in the woods
every time i accidentally opened my eyes, my thoughts were distracted with all of the stuff in the room (food labels, posters, etc.) there was a poster in my living room that has big letters that say "tangina." every time i saw it, while tranced, tangina became my mantra. i was subconsciously and silently reading and rereading it (because it was the biggest thing in my field of vision) and i would catch myself thinking "tangina, tangina, tangina." it makes me ponder about what advertising does to my subconscious when i'm not in a trance and not aware of it!

note 5: be on a soft object
i was supine during this meditation, and i had to eventually move my feet a couple times because the floor was too hard and my feet really hurt when the blood flow is constricted and energy is trying to get in.

ok that's all i can do for now; i'm absolutely out of time!

~dale

sleeper
3rd November 2010, 07:02 PM
There should be a way for Uraeus to rise naturally. Kundalini is said to awake naturally when presence becomes effortless, and samadhi comes effortlessly in meditation. Anything else could be considered a premature forced rising, I have read.
there's a bit of a mystery to that. so while what you say is essentially true, it's exactly what i'm exploring right now.

There are those who have such intimate experience with unity the inner witness has completely disappeared, and merged with the outer world completely. To me, this seems like the "highest" possible developmental level, because there is nothing left to awaken to. Only peace exists in everything.
whether that is true or not, it doesn't apply to transformative events such as Kundalini because K. isn't another level per se, it is a synthesis of human characteristics. so it unlocks new potentials, it crystallizes your character, it purifies your soul. it is dynamic and not linear, transformative and not additive, crystalline and not concrete.

so active witnessing is a method of realization that leads the seeker to the path that leads to kundalini, in my humble opinion.

merging with the outer world or complete selflessness or complete absorption is the highest known state of samadhi and it occurs naturally during that state.

Perhaps Uraeus would be the next logical step after that. Then there would be no strain on the energy body as in your case, with the rising.
i'm very interested in reducing the strain on us during that process. that's actually my main focus this fall and winter.

I wonder why there are so few of the people out in the world who are aware of the existence of this phenomenon. The few who know seem to keep silent except Robert and you.
this info is kept secret for fear of persecution. the yogis of the Himalayas, some native American tribes, the inner group of the hermetic magicians, and more select groups still shepherd and guard this knowledge. They each have different reasons to keep it secret, but it's mostly to preserve the information through the destructive traumas of culture, war, etc.

sleeper
4th November 2010, 02:36 PM
How about splitting out all the unrelated posts?
If the OP would like that, I'm sure mods can accomodate. ;)

well, here are my thoughts.

i haven't even posted any exciting stuff yet, but each time i do, the thread is going to get hammered i suspect (or i hope, actually). so what i would like to see is two things:

1. a lively discussion of the thread content
2. a concise record (for posterity's sake) of my K. sessions that is both accessible for others and accountable for me. in other words, both myself and others will want to read and analyze my progress without having to dig through a lively discussion.

so 2 separate threads sounds like the best long term solution, although in the short term it really puts the pressure on me to perform and i'm not quite ready yet.

sleeper
9th November 2010, 03:22 AM
aloha guys,

I'm just giving a quick report on what i've been doing. this is all physical work, not meditative in this blog, but it's still mildly interesting!

just a disclaimer i'm not prescribing a program here; i'm just sharing what i'm doing! every path to health is different!

Last week I commented on my digestive issues that i've had since i was a child, and i've spent at least 15 hours this week studying up on those. I've begun a supplementation program that might ameliorate my symptoms enough to facilitate intense energy work (i'm not prescribing a one-size-fits-all approach to anyone's digestive health - i'm just sharing a portion of my approach).

some research articles support Glutamine and Mastic Gum supplementation for people with H-Pylori infections (an estimated 50% of people worldwide have this infection). I'm also taking digestive enzymes and 5HTP; this combination should heal some of the damage done in my colon as well as the lining of my stomach; lessen the burden on my pancreas and may "speed things up."

I'm also reducing omega-6's and increasing omega 3 fatty acids in my diet to reduce inflammation. i already have a good diet (now) but i need to heal the harm done to my body by many years of a very bad diet (prior to now).

I'm also taking certain steps to help my body detox. I'm consuming large volumes of detox support teas; these teas don't make me have diarrhea (like most "detox" products) but they support healthy liver, kidney and bladder function. My favorite of these teas is milk thistle tea and i hope next year to learn to make it from the plant myself. I'm also taking a fairly large amount of minerals for this reason (and because of my athletics). don't take extra minerals because too much can hurt you!

I've been working out a lot, including doing jiu jitsu almost daily, so i've been sweating buckets and losing a lot of minerals that way hence increased supplementation to accommodate the load on my body.

i've also been changing my study habits. I spend a lot of time studying on the computer and i exhaust myself mentally (or used to). now i'm carefully monitoring myself to make sure that I don't waste mental energy, and that i finish every task that i start (or almost every one). i'm not listening to music (unless it's ambient, such as when i'm in the supermarket or i'm in the shop at work and the mechanics are listening to the radio, etc.), i'm not watching Television and not playing video games. my mental energy is much higher and my mental chatter is much much much less, now that i cut that stuff out. i don't even miss entertainment!

i'm in the early stages of a flexibility program but my goal is to get comfortably into lotus pose, as well as some strange ones that i don't know the names of. i'm sure to get into them later, and i'll talk about it then. so i have been doing some stretching.

i'm also studying (a little) about myofascial release. basically i have a foam roller, a tennis ball, golf ball and elbows and i'm trying it out! it's kind of fun because it's new (and weird). i have spent hundreds of hours healing my emotions this year alone, so i shouldn't have too much emotional energy to deal with - BUT - there's a good chance that my stomach, small intestine, liver and colon might have some emotional tension and that's very exciting! if they do, i'll get the chance to try out some of the emotional techniques that i've been working on for the past few years!

from what i can gather, it seems that:
the stomach innervates from the vagus nerve from the thoracic vertebrae t5-t7.
the colon innervates from T10-T12 and L1-L3.
etc.
so i'm going to do as much myofascial release (foam rolling, ball rolling, etc.) in those areas of my spine as possible in order to hopefully find emotional blockages, if any, in those areas. that's my homework for tonight!

ok thanks for reading. it's all preparatory work! no serious meditation yet!

Tutor
12th November 2010, 04:17 AM
your welcome! keep us updated on your progress.

psionickx
13th November 2010, 08:45 PM
emotion is stored energetically and it is literally blocking a pathway that other energies are attempting to pass through .

Good to hear that your'e making progess on your project firstly.
As for the quote I wonder if this your own experience entirely? Just whereabout exactly was it did you come to such thinking :?:

sleeper
15th November 2010, 03:05 AM
Warning: this long reply is only indirectly related to kundalini. the reason i'm posting it here is because it is related to Kundalini preparatory work. As we work towards raising kundalini, we must both overcome our past emotional challenges and adopt a coherent worldview, either before raising kundalini (by choice) or after (by force).

I have not yet raised kundalini this month but i will! i'm inching towards it every day.

emotion is stored energetically and it is literally blocking a pathway that other energies are attempting to pass through .

Good to hear that your'e making progess on your project firstly.
As for the quote I wonder if this your own experience entirely? Just whereabout exactly was it did you come to such thinking :?:

sorry in advance; i only have a moment to reply so i must be brief.

my worldview is populated entirely by my own life lessons; ideas emergent from my own experiences. to put it bluntly, there is absolutely no room for my own philosophizing or speculation, nor is there room for anyone else's philosophizing, speculation or life-wisdom in my world view. that doesn't mean that I dismiss anyone's ideas out of hand, rather (to the contrary) I gladly seek out and accept those notions and put them to the test, often many tests to see how they pan out and if they do, i accept them into my worldview.

here are a few examples:
1. when i was young, my mom used to safety-pin a towel or sheet to my neck and i would jump off of chairs and tables, trying to fly. i'm sure i did this a thousand times.
score: flying powers=0
gravity=1,00

my belief in flying was replaced with a solid belief in gravity.

2. many spiritual people today believe that nothing matters, nothing can harm us because we're all "pure consciousness" and that life is nothing but an illusion. People that say that are often very sad, and quite lonely, and i try hard to befriend those people because their life does matter and sadly there are people and things that can harm us, at least hurt our feelings. I hope you get my point.

3. The Monroe focus level system is a convenient tool for discussion of consciousness events (i don't actually use this system, although it might have some merits) - but it has some obscene flaws. Without harping on it too much, let me point out the most immediately important one: every person is going to have a different experience at the same "brain waves" state. Every individual is at a different level of development, be it Astral Projection skill, Lucid Dreaming skill, character development, intellect, spiritual development, waking lucidity; many people are on psychotropic medications (in fact, we all are since nearly every drop of water in the world is contaminated from so many years of such heavy consumption that we're all drinking the same meds that grandma drank 50 years ago), many people today have linear worldviews that don't reflect the complexity and interconnectedness that exists in the universe - such as monroe. his system is not only encoded with so called "sacred geometry" but is also based on the belief that "lower (brain) vibrations" = "lower behavior" and "higher vibrations" = "higher behavior." this is clearly evident if you assess his system.

to put it simply, there is tremendous evidence (in my experience) that brain states contribute to the experience but there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to say that they follow a purely linear order, from low to high. Furthermore, BrainWaveStates are a tiny slice of a huge pie, made up of many variables, all of which matter tremendously.
Here are three ways you can put this to the test:
first, try to astral project from any position EXCEPT from your back - GOOD LUCK! you'll need it. in this case, body position matters far far far more than brainwave states regarding what "focus" you arrive at.
secondly, if you're good with audio software, mix yourself a song that has the correct frequencies and beats to get you precisely to the brainwavestate/focus level that you're aiming for, and listen to the song (on repeat) while you project or meditate. this is especially good if the song has words because the content of the song will always dominate and influence the meditation/projection/dream. in other words, the song content is far far far more influential than the frequency or rhythm or anything else.
third, if you are highly skilled and experienced and able to control and recognize subtle details in your projections, you can project to any level of your choosing. manifest your intent long in advance in order to be certain of your "level." memorize everything you see. expand your awareness, manifest your intent to see everything nearby that is unseen by you. manifest your intent to see distant things that are far away. order your guides/higher self to show you the overlap between this zone and adjacent zones. terminate the projection, write it down, and ask yourself/guides/higher self if your intent had anything to do with your brain waves; if your brainwaves had anything to do with the zone, if the zone had anything to do with frequency. (hint: it has a lot to do with frequency but not in the way it first seems).

ok this is an extremely long answer and i'm way out of time.

back to your original question:

i've done some very long meditative work, and i mean long sessions, of 2-6 hours each, and many of those have been deep introspective work. one of my main interests used to be emotional trauma and "can such emotional trauma be overcome?" everyone i know has some level (usually severe) emotional trauma that is suppressed enough that they don't recall it but influential enough to form a permanent part of their behavior characteristics. every healer, psychologist and/or introspective person has seen many people who are trapped in destructive cycles of behavior, and in my opinion this is often caused by emotional trauma. the problem in overcoming such trauma is no small one - in fact, people almost never overcome such trauma, ever, in their entire life. so you can see in part ( i hope) why this is important to me and why i have spent so much time on it.

soooo....the answer to your question is simple and obvious; i see and feel energy in myself and others, as well as sense emotions with good clarity (not great). But i wanted you to see how militant and fanatical i am regarding this, so you didn't think that i am just some dude imagining things.

and the answer to my question:
"can such emotional trauma be overcome?" is yes, through a variety of methods including energy work and others, but the type of work required isn't exactly a walk in the park which is probably why so few people persevere and therefore succeed.

regarding energy blockages, i am very much in agreement with both R.B.'s model and methods, as well as many of the Hindu (but not all) as well as the hopi models and methods.

~Dale

sleeper
15th November 2010, 03:16 AM
I can't say anything smart about my meditative practice this week.

i've been toying around with some stuff i don't understand.

throughout the day, there are auspicious times to meditate. more accurately put, there are some times of day that enhance energy raising, while others enhance energy-dissipation (void meditation you'd call it i guess). some times of day enhance projection out of body, while some others seem to draw the energy back to the body.

i'm trying to find out how to discriminate between different types of influences.
some of the external influences i have in mind include astrological (sun, moon, stars, zodiac, earth's magnetism, seasons, etc.), weather, adjacency to water, light/darkness, sounds (traffic, people, dogs, etc.), wilderness vs. city, types of neighbors who are around, proximity to the interstate, etc.
some of the internal influences include circadian rhythm & hormones, neurotransmitters, digestion, fasting (avoiding food), emotional and mental state, etc.

so the time of day i meditate seems increasingly important, at least as important as how long and how often i meditate. so i'm sorting that out and inching along with my goals.

the sad thing is that i feel like i really need to change my life to being even more reclusive and eccentric, in order to raise K as often as i'm going to do. once i get the ball rolling, it's going to gain lots of momentum!

~dale

sleeper
16th November 2010, 12:17 AM
I just walked away from my first attempt to raise Kundalini this month. Here is my blog about it:

Editors' Note: changes/additions will be marked as blue.

I began with basic energy raising techniques and eased my way into an oscillating pattern of whole-body-energy-contractions that i have been working on. Basically the pattern is to energy flex, and energy comes pouring in and eventually peaks, then dies down to nothing, and repeats. The pattern is much like an oscillating wave, repeated over and over. it's basically all i did for about 90 minutes.

Initially, i just felt vague sensations, like being draped in a soft blanket or something. the energy coming up my legs kept increasing until my foot would be tense, and the tension would increase until every muscle in my feet were fully flexed. This was the energy peak, followed by relaxation of both energy and physical body. As the mediation increased in intensity, so did the muscle tension but it wasn't only in my feet.

In my feet, the tension (stemming from this type of exercise) causes me to spread my toes wide. I wonder if i should be meditating with wide toes all of the time?

the muscle tension was influencing my posture in other ways, including my spinal curve and shoulder positioning. so i need to play with posture more and see how it affects muscle tension during intense energy movement.

I did some prayer and asked for assistance from a variety of sources and i got lots of help indeed and i appreciate it.

At some point during the session, for approximately 10 minutes, i had severe gender confusion (i'm male) and twice during this time i couldn't even remember which gender I was! I think i was simply slipping into an etheric projection. I intensified my focus on my material body and the confusion went away. Shortly after this, my solar plexus became full of energy and hot; my sexual parts became spontaneously aroused, my lumbar arched excessively and energy began pouring down from my neck and shoulders. I must have been slipping out of body at this point because i had to redouble my efforts to focus on my physical form.I think i was fairly close to raising Kundalini at that point but i ran into a couple problems.

A knot in my left upper trapezius started spontaneously ACHING! I mean hurting bad and would not stop, and the more energy that came through that area, the more that spot ached. so my focus changed from whole-body energy flex to pain/blockage (?) management, and eventually i started losing my focus alltogether. At that point i made a hail-mary attempt to win at meditating, but my energy wasn't responding well and my whole body was feeling hot, so i think i'm dehydrated.

so things were going swell, then fail-fail-fail. i'm chugging water (with a pinch of salt btw) while i blog and i'm going to go take a shower. if my energy sensitivity returns i'll finish the meditation tonight.

~Dale

psionickx
16th November 2010, 01:28 PM
i see and feel energy in myself and others, as well as sense emotions with good clarity (not great)

sleeper wrote:
emotion is stored energetically and it is literally blocking a pathway that other energies are attempting to pass through

*This seems to be an energy dynamic relationship which appears as having fluidity/mobility of motion.
Do you "see/feel" engery in movement striking against emotions and then releasing them and so in effect the clearing out of a pathway occurs :?:

*If emotions were stored/blocking energy routes...would in your opinion a "spock-like" person or ....say someone who is very flat-line in personality have very clear energy routes?.

sleeper
16th November 2010, 05:05 PM
Do you "see/feel" engery in movement striking against emotions and then releasing them and so in effect the clearing out of a pathway occurs :?:

Yes, I see energy clearing energetic/emotional blockages occasionally. but what i see 99% of the time is vicious cycles of behavior that contribute to more blockages. so I'm more apt to discuss behavior because i think it's going to be the metagame in the next decade, followed by a new kind of intellectualism that is more practical and communal that what we have today, all as parts of a holistic and practical view of health and healing.

So energy work is essential but in the spiritual community, I don’t think it’s what’s most lacking.

*If emotions were stored/blocking energy routes...would in your opinion a "spock-like" person or ....say someone who is very flat-line in personality have very clear energy routes?.

People retain their personality throughout their spiritual development, so I don’t think that personality is indicative of spiritual or energetic growth or progress. In fact, the more you’re developed spiritually, the more your personality traits are “crystallized” or made permanent segments of your personal identity.

This is where i'm overstepping my boundaries and might get censored. most if not all cases of apathy today (that i know of) are chemically induced, usually by a combination of chronic fluoride exposure, chronic mercury exposure and digestive problems. I'm not a doctor nor am i diagnosing you or trying to treat you or anyone else for any health condition or disease. But i am saying that i have had to overcome those types of problems for my own health and in retrospect i see that those metals and chemicals had a powerful affect on my personality, and on the personality of others.

what's worse is that many people with those problems are drugged with SSRI's and feel strangely emboldened. in other words, we have people with severe emotional trauma inducing energy blockages that they can't see, feel or touch and those blockages influence those people's behavior insofar as they are able to express themselves due to the toxic burden on their body and their temporary, chemically induced glee. that's people who laugh while they frown, panic while they work, smile while they cry, are only happy when i rains, hurt themselves so they feel alive, are bold but without brains, etc. i care a lot about these people and i bring this up because i sincerely would like to do some things about it, and it hurts my heart every day to see how oppressive the modern life is to free humanity.

so is a flat line personality part of your identity? perhaps. but if you're apathetic, then you might want to consider getting assessed by a holistic health practitioner for fluoride toxicity.

sleeper
16th November 2010, 07:08 PM
for the record, i was dehydrated. i have some electrolyte imbalances from time to time due to my past history with chronic beer drinking (i think) and i usually manage it by eating a little bit of fruit with each meal, but i ran out of fruit yesterday and paid the price. when i get dehydrated that way, my neck and back muscles get very stiff and i get a headache in the back of my head.

i'm feeling much better today but still a little bit low on water. i look forward to discovering whether my neck cramp was due to dehydration or something else all together.

~dale.

oh, as a side note, my transit time (of food through my digestive tract) is much better due to my supplementation and it's definitely improved my meditations.

i just thought i'd keep you guys updated.

farewell2arms
16th November 2010, 07:23 PM
Following this with great interest! =)

Tutor
16th November 2010, 08:04 PM
hmmmm, half human and half logic? spock-like...

fear of feeling one's human emotions, right?

of course, later we are presented with a machine called Data which strove to ascend from logic to the human emotional being.

tim

CFTraveler
16th November 2010, 09:39 PM
hmmmm, half human and half logic? spock-like...

fear of feeling one's human emotions, right?

of course, later we are presented with a machine called Data which strove to ascend from logic to the human emotional being.

tim Yeah! :D

psionickx
16th November 2010, 10:21 PM
Yes, I see energy clearing energetic/emotional blockages occasionally

Yet clearly well enough to base the entire premise of your working on.I wish i had that certitude and precision of clarity to direct my workings with.

Kind regards.

sleeper
17th November 2010, 06:32 PM
Yes, I see energy clearing energetic/emotional blockages occasionally

Yet clearly well enough to base the entire premise of your working on.I wish i had that certitude and precision of clarity to direct my workings with.

Kind regards.

You can have certitude and clarity, actually. everyone can because it comes from knowing yourself. I know that you're capable of this because i know myself and know that you can't be fundamentally different.

If you don't know who you are, then do you think you're someone who you're not?

if you're not who you think you are, then who are you? do you become who you think?

Read this: Intuition comes from a variety of sources, including empathy, clairvoyance, energy sensitivity, dreams, etc. in order to use our empathy, we must know ourselves intimately and have crystallized our character to some degree.

what that means is this: if you are angry and you are facing an angry person, you will feel both your anger and theirs - but will you be able to discriminate between the two? an intimate self-knowledge will allow you to recognize your own anger, and differentiate it from your empathic feelings. so what is most fascinating about this is how perceptions work, even in the psychic realm. we rarely actually see any object, but we see our perception of that object. when light bounces off of an object and strikes the eye, it's converted first into chemical signals then into electrical signals and we see that interpretation of light. when we empathize, another person's emotions vibrate our energy body which recreates that emotion inside of us. We feel a copy of how they feel! Is it a perfect copy? In order to see a person, we must be confident that our faculties, be them psychic or physical, are working perfectly.

I'm not telling you this because empathy is so interesting, i'm telling you because it's a great way to illustrate the type of problem that all people face today: in the same way that a person with 3-d vision glasses has impaired vision, and a person with emotional trauma has impaired empathy, every adult has impaired self-perception.

That's right, i say that every adult has impaired self-perception...

our minds are populated with mental objects that resemble what we see and experience, and those objects filter our thoughts about ourselves. Doubt, fear and shame dominate most people's minds - it's not normal but it's common, because of the oppressive and subversive society we live in. Look out your apartment window - or at the TV set - or billboards - or at most popular literature - and you'll see one main theme screaming back at you: it says "you're not good enough and you need corporate science to help you." I challenge anyone to find any ad that says anything different.

so if your personal narrative about who you are, your qualities, your values, your morals, your intellect, your spirit, your individuality, your confidence, your will, your passion, your love, your creativity, your communication, etc.; if your personal narrative has been written while you were vulnerable to doubt, fear, shame guilt, etc. (which means everyone), then those themes have been written into your narrative by social engineers and those themes need to be removed in order for you to be free from them.

it's confusing in a lot of ways. once the introspective work begins, it's a bit like taking off the 3d-glasses while watching the 3-d movie: most of what we see is chaos. Few people ever get past this point in their self-seeking, unfortunately.

so in normal circumstances, it may be as easy as "knowing thyself." but in this world, we must also know who we are not. we are not air-brushed supermodels, we are not weak and co-dependent, we are not naturally fearful. Human beings are strong-willed, confident, problem solvers, dynamic, brave, loving, intelligent, focused, adaptive and unpredictable. Our potential is limitless. Our destiny is bound only by our notion of it. We are only confused when we go against our own will, our self-chosen purpose.

i'll share some of my methods for overcoming those themes, as well as developing a personal narrative when i have time and hopefully they will help you. but for now, this is all that i have to give. best of luck to you.

~Dale

psionickx
17th November 2010, 07:24 PM
i know myself and know that you can't be fundamentally different.

but if you're apathetic, then you might want to consider getting assessed by a holistic health practitioner for fluoride toxicity.

I'm going to assume youve already had your flouride levels checked :mrgreen:

sleeper
10th August 2011, 10:14 PM
this will be my confessional until i get this all sorted out. forgive me if i offend you, but don't ask me to apologize. i have no intention to challenge or offend anyone, yet the truth is always challenging. I am interested in the truth, regardless of the implications. if you wish to preserve your good feelings about yourself, at the expense of honest discussion, please do not read any further.

rather than write elaborate arguments let me just ask:

what's the point in me sharing my experiences? my knowledge? my insight?

i feel as if no one is using it.

i feel as if i am tossing my two cents into the sea of internet flotsam and jetsam - and i know that two cents will not be picked up. truthfully, spiritual gems are only recognized by people who already have them - such gems of spirituality look like dust or rubble to the average aspirant. the wise sayings and the cheap slogans of modern new age gurus look shiny and beautiful but bear absolutely no fruit for anyone! yet people cling to those half-truths and disregard the real truth, to their own demise.

it seems that the more gurus we have, the less real spirituality we have.

i have tried to share in my progress as i have gone through it. more than most things, i simply wanted peers to progress with me and share in my failures and defeats, my triumphs and attainments. now that journey is over and inevitably, people will want to follow in my footsteps and seek my guidance.

i am fond of saying that 'myriad ways exist to botch spiritual development,' especially when it comes to kundalini, samadhi and enlightenment (and the botched attempts lead to many absurd myths relating to 'the big 3'). People seem to want to go down every side street and entertain every odd idea they find, to the detriment of their own spirituality. What is the point in trying to lead others down the straight and narrow if they inevitably will lead themselves down every side road? They create a world in which they must either obediently follow others, or demise in the abyss of meaninglessness and chaos. they are confounded, and can not lead themselves, yet seek no remedy!

Add their self-created temptations, pitfalls and addictions, and their delusions to those of the 'civilization' in which we find ourselves and we have a recipe for absurdity. it's nearly impossible to get someone to sit still for 5 minutes and do a real breath exercise, but people find time to watch 4+hours of television + video games every day. and they can't wait to watch their 'spiritual' tv shows!

Seeker's intentions are their primary obstacle: fame, bragging rights, entertainment, money, power - those reasons and more are the real intentions of spiritual seekers. They love samsara, and seek to submerge themselves ever deeper into it. Samsara is the source of most known pleasures and the source of most suffering. Birth is joyous, death is sorrow, yet they are roughly equivalent and mutually inclusive. people want only pleasure, no pain, and that is why humanity/the earth/our spirits/our souls are out of balance and also why we face an inevitable chastisement for our collective contributions to the imbalance.

loving, gentle kindness has never bore fruit for me, when dealing with the spiritual advancement of others. while most people are deficient in all things loving; in joy, in prosperity, etc., those things provide no incentive to turn inwards and study the great mysteries and seek their secrets. if you seek physical satisfaction, you will never realize your true spiritual nature.

lastly, i feel like many of my frustrations are due to my high expectations for others to make effort, to find out for themselves, to vet what i and others say, to assiduously seek (and discover) the truth about any thing claim to care about. how could i lower my expectations for others, yet keep them high for myself? impossible. impossible and unnecessary - i don't have any prowess or abilities that make me special. i am working with the same faculties as everyone else. we are all the same and capable of incredible things. and that is what breaks my heart.

farewell2arms
11th August 2011, 08:18 AM
rather than write elaborate arguments let me just ask:

what's the point in me sharing my experiences? my knowledge? my insight?

i feel as if no one is using it.

i feel as if i am tossing my two cents into the sea of internet flotsam and jetsam - and i know that two cents will not be picked up.

Can you really be sure that is the case? After all, there's often a great nameless mass of readers out there which no one ever hears about. I remember reading your above post (nov 17) right after you posted it, and I just re-read it, and got a lot out of it. Maybe if I'll read it in a year I'll get even more out of it.

I don't know if this is what you're referring to specifically, it sounds as if there's a deeper issue here?

You are one of the few people who've raised uraeus and that's something I'm interested in. Thanks for posting.

Beekeeper
11th August 2011, 11:48 AM
Seeker's intentions are their primary obstacle: fame, bragging rights, entertainment, money, power - those reasons and more are the real intentions of spiritual seekers. They love samsara, and seek to submerge themselves ever deeper into it. Samsara is the source of most known pleasures and the source of most suffering. Birth is joyous, death is sorrow, yet they are roughly equivalent and mutually inclusive. people want only pleasure, no pain, and that is why humanity/the earth/our spirits/our souls are out of balance and also why we face an inevitable chastisement for our collective contributions to the imbalance.

I'm not disagreeing with you. This is the poor state of humanity but it makes us worthy of pity not disgust and derision. When one lives in a body programmed to seek survival and pleasure, can we blame the human animal for following it biological imperative? Of course we avoid pain, to do otherwise would, in many instances, be considered pathological.

If we aren't born self-remembering, then why would most people even care about spiritual evolution? Why, in a world where a good proportion of people are no longer compelled by physical threat and social ostracism to adhere to specific dogma, would anyone care for anything other than the seeking of pleasure in its various manifestations? Can you blame people for being subject to their social conditioning? Who knows what circumstances set one person apart from another and who can truly even say what is worth pursuing anyway? Why should anyone believe that anyone else has the answers for them?

loving, gentle kindness has never bore fruit for me, when dealing with the spiritual advancement of others. while most people are deficient in all things loving; in joy, in prosperity, etc., those things provide no incentive to turn inwards and study the great mysteries and seek their secrets. if you seek physical satisfaction, you will never realize your true spiritual nature.

What makes you think you see the big picture? Perhaps you see more than others but maybe you don't see enough.

Again, I agree that people are deficient in love, joy, prosperity and many other things. I know this through personal experience in moments when I find myself enacting goodness without feeling it. It's something I'm aware of and it makes me wonder why I should experience that lack at times. I tell myself that I don't see the big picture, that there are things I don't understand. I tell myself I'm not so different, there are others like me who do what they know is right, even when they don't feel it. (Better than doing what you know is wrong when you don't feel that). We are what we are. Some will strive to be more than they are but they will choose their own way of doing that.

lastly, i feel like many of my frustrations are due to my high expectations for others to make effort, to find out for themselves, to vet what i and others say, to assiduously seek (and discover) the truth about any thing claim to care about. how could i lower my expectations for others, yet keep them high for myself? impossible. impossible and unnecessary - i don't have any prowess or abilities that make me special. i am working with the same faculties as everyone else. we are all the same and capable of incredible things. and that is what breaks my heart.

Don't let it break your heart. We are all the same, yes, but we are not the same. The only true control is self control and you are not responsible for others. As Farewelltoarms has stated, anyway, it's just as likely you're having a tremendous impact. It may be that you're experiencing a lesson in non-attachment.

Be ambitious for the higher gifts. And I am going to show you a way that is better than any of them.
If I have all the eloquence of men or of angels, but speak without love, I am simply a gong booming or a cymbal clashing. If I have the gift of prophecy, understanding all the mysteries there are, and knowing everything, and if I have faith in all its fullness, to move mountains, but without love, then I am nothing at all. If I give away all that I possess, piece by piece, and if I even let them take my body to burn it, but am without love, it will do me no good whatever.
Love is always patient and kind; it is never jealous; love is never boastful or conceited; it is never rude or selfish; it does not take offence, and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins but delights in the truth; it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes. Love does not come to an end.
The first letter of St Paul to the Corinthians 12:31-13:8

Namaste

Korpo
11th August 2011, 04:57 PM
Hello, sleeper.

I think you're victim to a fallacy here. We're the same in essence, but our access to that essence is extremely different. Most people are still born to do much learning to even recognise that there is such essence and they cannot live from that as of yet. To put it extreme - it's as if you told a child it lacks in motivation and effort, else it would be an adult. It will be - in due time. However, it is what is is.

Charles once recommended me once what you refute here - developing a "reverse double standard." I would expect of myself to adhere to a high standard, but I would not judge others for not adhering to a similar standard. The key to forgiving them is to see that they cannot as of yet.

There are many people who seem to disregard what seem to you to be the most basic principles of dealing with others, but their lessons have not yet progressed to that point that they have internalised such values to be always drawn back to them. A great deal of incarnations is spent on building this spiritual backbone that will carry you to obeying these ideals all the time. Those actions that for you seem to disregard these principles and ideals are done out of unconsciousness. The karmic consequences of these actions will be the material of their learning what the value of such ideals could be. Once these ideals are recognised and finally adopted to live from, change will come to that human being and eventually promote them to ever higher levels of personal evolution and liberation.

It's not that they eschew the effort. They feel not within the same urgency as you do. They have no larger picture. They're adding together pieces that will one day constitute it. They do valid work that will ultimately lead them to have a larger picture and feel the same urgency. Seeing that gives many things an air of perfection in that they can be seen as the causes of future liberation. This eventually transforms into something proclaimed in some versions of Mahayana Buddhism - one does see the Buddha in everyone they encounter. A nascent one, one yet to be awakened, unleashed and brought into full awareness, but this Buddha nature, it is there within, and this is where we truly are the same as we all carry the seed.

Cheers,
Oliver

psionickx
11th August 2011, 05:04 PM
If we aren't born self-remembering, then why would most people even care about spiritual evolution?

What makes you think you see the big picture? Perhaps you see more than others but maybe you don't see enough......We are what we are. Some will strive to be more than they are but they will choose their own way of doing that.

We are all the same, yes, but we are not the same.The only true control is self control and you are not responsible for others

.....she looks like a flower but she stings like a Bhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/winner-019.gif

sleeper
11th August 2011, 05:19 PM
*edit* thanks for your reply, BeeKeeper*

I'm not disagreeing with you. This is the poor state of humanity but it makes us worthy of pity not disgust and derision.

true but i have to be honest about my feelings. that's how i feel at times - with qualifiers: e.g. i pity the very poor and desolate, always. i understand the cycles of samsara, karma, emotional trauma, etc. As people increase in means, moving up the inequity ladder my disgust and derision increases. there is no primal drive to accumulate wealth, to crush others under the heel of bureaucracy but that's not the main point. here's the main point: the very poor rarely (or never) have the opportunity to even analyze their situation, much less to change it. and they will only rarely find spiritual destiny without the assistance of others. one example of this is moojiji, who is on youtube. he lived homeless for several years, and got help from his sister at that time. I grew up very poor and fairly spiritual so i have experience with this. when a spiritual person arises out of poverty i consider it to be a wonderful miracle.

increasing amounts of wealth, of lavishness offer increasing opportunity for self-emancipation from the bondage of it. The greater the opportunity one has, the greater duty i see for them to use it. in our world, we have people who have had every opportunity to study ancient history, the great mysteries, spirituality, the self...yet where are they? in their secret organizations, hiding behind their wealth, realizing little about spiritual truths or spiritual nature or spiritual possibility and teaching/sharing even less.

i feel as if i'm lecturing at you which is not my intent. you correctly read my feelings and i felt as if i must offer you an explanation, albeit a loud one. i apologize if it was not the best.

When one lives in a body programmed to seek survival and pleasure, can we blame the human animal for following it biological imperative? Of course we avoid pain, to do otherwise would, in many instances, be considered pathological.

i don't consider pain to be the problem. i practice brazilian jiu jitsu and have a very high pain tolerance because of the constant pain of training- actually too high of a tolerance as it occasionally gets me injured. i see how childhood pain accumulates in the form of trauma and suppresses our spiritual energy system, which is interlinked with out emotional system. when people talk about avoiding pain, i often find that they are still carrying emotional baggage from their childhood, recreating that part of their life over and over, both bringing the pain and seeking to avoid it. so offloading the baggage would be the first step i suggest, followed by the question: which is stronger, the animal body or the divine soul?

If we aren't born self-remembering, then why would most people even care about spiritual evolution? Why, in a world where a good proportion of people are no longer compelled by physical threat and social ostracism to adhere to specific dogma, would anyone care for anything other than the seeking of pleasure in its various manifestations? Can you blame people for being subject to their social conditioning? Who knows what circumstances set one person apart from another and who can truly even say what is worth pursuing anyway? Why should anyone believe that anyone else has the answers for them?

fyi i do judge them (not to be confused with condemnation). they condemn themselves to an eternity in samsara by their choice to acquiesce to the wants of others. i judge that choice as being foolish. forgive me if i offend.

No one should look to others for the big picture; as individuals we should assemble our own perspective on the world, on life, etc. Yet there are many paragons out there who set a strong example of how to live, or have tremendous knowledge which is ripe to teach and i think that we should be ready to learn from them. I am constantly in search of others who can and will teach me. I often spend more than 10 hours/day reading and listening to audio lectures, sometimes doing this while i am at work, even listening to my mp3 with headphones in while i am surrounded by heavy equipment which is very dangerous for me and a safety violation. i am terminally grateful to those who have helped me, including many at these very forums.

spiritual evolution is a side effect of deep inner searching, for legitimate reasons. here is a story:

once upon a time i realized that i treated people poorly. occasionally. i was young and miserable, and tried to be nice to others but i was socially awkward and a loner. one time i tried to be funny but ended up being mean to a nice girl. i apologized but felt horrible so i forced myself to think about why i did that. After several days of attempting to think clearly about it, i found three things:
1. i had acted out something i had seen on Television
2. deep thought/concentrating was incredibly difficult for me - impossible for more than a few seconds at a time.
3. my mind was populated with ideas from tv, radio, school, work, friends, family - and not my own ideas.

realizing that up to that point i had absolutely no control over my mind, i also had little or no control over my words or deeds. furthermore, i was horrified at the implications of that knowledge and the prospect of doing the work required to reclaim my mind, to make amends for my past, to prevent future problems, not to mention the rest of the implications such as being even more of a recluse, throwing away my TV, inventing meditations out of necessity. there were and still are no books about the meditations i did.

the complete breakdown, analysis and rebuilding of my worldview has taken over a decade. i wonder how long it might take for others? anyway, it is possible, even if it is extreme. but it's not as extreme as extreme chunky peanut butter. that stuff is chunky

my feelings are simple: if i can do that, anyone can. furthermore, why would anyone not want to? i doubt everyone's mind was as jacked as mine - i was as dumb as a donkey then too but my actions propelled me forward to where i sit now. every milestone i hit was the result of simple things. maybe i'll tell the story some day. it's short.

i just badly want other people to climb their ladder, ya know? to realize their self, to realize their potential; to not be stuck in the animal patterns of behavior. to be free and independent and challenging and helping me to grow and live and be free. i don't want to be anyone's teacher - what i wanted was peers to walk on the path beside me. now i'm just trying to sort this all out, hopefully i can do my duty and move on. i don't know what will come of this.

hundreds of thousands of people will get online today and read, chat, blog, post, study, search about their spiritual evolution. just a few years ago, it was nearly impossible to talk about spiritual things in public without getting laughed at. now, everyone is curious and it's nearly impossible not to talk about it in public, even if it's mostly because of spiritual tv shows rather than personal spiritual experience, or something similar.

What makes you think you see the big picture? Perhaps you see more than others but maybe you don't see enough.

I certainly don't see enough, however, i wonder what is enough? i am certainly inadequate in comparison to God, yet i am more than adequate at solving spiritual riddles that befuddle other people on this planet. Furthermore, i have spent that last 2 years studying both the intricate mechanisms that pertain to spiritual advancement, as well as the pitfalls that people step into and lay for themselves. i can help - but all i want to do is give it away, unconditionally.

what i've considered doing is posting my book online, free to download but accepting donations via paypal or something. i'm reticent to talk about this...maybe i'll post about it below and share some of my fears.

what was my point? oh yeah: i am familiar of the workings of many spiritual things which allows me to move people beyond their troubles on the surface and take them to the root of the problem, or the solution, however you want to phrase it. you can phrase it either way because of the nature of the mechanisms of spiritual liberation: they are morally neutral which begs the question of how to use them. by teaching them i would be interfering in people's personal lives and spiritual progress, essentially taking away the opportunity for them to discover spiritual things for themselves. when people understand how simple it is, they will probably feel sad and maybe ashamed that they didn't find it on their own. they will want a do-over, and won't be able to get it. that is one price for skipping ahead.

another is the spiritual inequity that would follow. suppose it becomes popular to do a half-fast, which i promote (eating enough food to energize but not so much that it makes the bowels sluggish, which impairs the prana/upana race). what will food-product-producers come up with as their spiritual fasting product? will they sell kundalini bars made of dried fruits, caffeine-infused to help blood sugars? will there be kundalini snack packs, with mineralized water and lavender sachets (which help relax the body when they are placed near certain lymph glands)? What about kundalini pillows that place an optimal arch in the spine facilitating the function of the solar plexus? or Kundalini beds - with psi weight management and a water/journaling station - or even a catheter so you don't have to get up to go to the bathroom. Maybe an on-call kundalini attendant can keep you on an iv drip while you are meditating in a state-of-the-art kundalini station with a liquid bed, binaural beats, flashing lights to induce trance, super-ultra low frequency magnetic energy-body inducing amphitheaters for you and your whole family, and you can do it all in a super-high altitude jet that at just the right time, gives you the sensation of falling or rocking or swaying - whatever you need! in this regard, my methods would be the poor man's methods. people who practiced my way (with minimal equipment and maximum skill) would be laughed out of the Kundalini temple. forgive me for not continuing along this line of possibility but i'm sure that you see my point. at least i hope so.

lastly, consider the spiritual lecture circuit. Eckhart tolle (with good intentions) would respond to questions concerning the similarities between his pain body and my psycho-energetic-model for emotional/spiritual energy. ken wilber would travel around telling people that kundalini is a metaphor for personal feelings about sex or masculine energy, and how it doesn't really transform you but it symbolized the process of inner growth and development, and how we really need to cultivate feminine qualities to balance out our male qualities, blah blah blah. red-robed new age mystics would claim to have promoted these ideas all along and say that they are not new. white robed new age gurus would repackage them and resell them, patent and copyright everything. 5 people would claim that i stole the ideas from them, 2 would claim to have come up with the same ideas at the same time, 1 would claim to have written the same book at the same time. people could write analysis of my book, analysis of me, etc. an epic waste. an infuriating, epic waste. i am part of a team of blacksmiths that have been forging a truth hammer in my mind and i intend to publish it in a book. it would greatly infuriate me if others tried to turn the books content into a truth flower or a truth teddy bear. i don't want to contribute to any new age cuddling or coddling. we definitely have too much philosophizing, as well - at least an imbalance between practical application and philosophy. very little of one, a million tons of the other.

perhaps the university of metaphysical sciences would offer advanced degrees in kundalini, samadhi, etc. maybe benjamin creme would announce (again) the arrival of the world teacher. what about all of the po-dunk hillbilly christians who would try to knock down my door once they heard of people "raising the serpent" all over the world? would richard dawkins make a movie about it to be played on the BBC? maybe it would be called "the craziest people on the planet" and he would go around interviewing fruitcakes about their wacky ideas about K.

any rapidly growing, effective, public spiritual movement would face these challenges and more. In fact, the more effective the movement at gaining followers and changing people's lives, the more completely insane resistance it will meet.

the principles of raising kundalini, of entering samadhi, etc. are shamefully simple; i.e. anyone can use them with minimal or no resources. yet i foresee those principles being exploited by marketing corporations, professional gurus and more until there is enough inequity to maximize their profits. that level of social programming would be difficult to reverse, and it is likely to occur.

Don't let it break your heart. We are all the same, yes, but we are not the same. The only true control is self control and you are not responsible for others. As Farewelltoarms has stated, anyway, it's just as likely you're having a tremendous impact. It may be that you're experiencing a lesson in non-attachment.

i might sound like a jerk but i'm very caring. it breaks my heart.

as far as attachments go, i'd love to dis-attach from this burden, but i am driven back over and over, driven to share what i have learned. while i care greatly for others, i have very little desire left to help them, which seems to be what this is all about. very little desire and very much drive, whatever that's about.

Be ambitious for the higher gifts. And I am going to show you a way that is better than any of them.
If I have all the eloquence of men or of angels, but speak without love, I am simply a gong booming or a cymbal clashing. If I have the gift of prophecy, understanding all the mysteries there are, and knowing everything, and if I have faith in all its fullness, to move mountains, but without love, then I am nothing at all. If I give away all that I possess, piece by piece, and if I even let them take my body to burn it, but am without love, it will do me no good whatever.

Love is always patient and kind; it is never jealous; love is never boastful or conceited; it is never rude or selfish; it does not take offence, and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins but delights in the truth; it is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes. Love does not come to an end.
The first letter of St Paul to the Corinthians 12:31-13:8

Namaste

i am a man, with many traits, including but not limited to love. I have learned to trust all of my character attributes, as limited as they are.

i think i sea what you are saying: i should anchor my sharing in love? i detect considerable depth in your meaning, but i do not fathom it nor can i navigate across it. can you elaborate on that?

thanks.

dale

sleeper
11th August 2011, 05:20 PM
I don't know if this is what you're referring to specifically, it sounds as if there's a deeper issue here?

i definitely have a few. some of them are detailed in beekeepers reply!

sleeper
11th August 2011, 05:31 PM
Hello, sleeper.

I think you're victim to a fallacy here. We're the same in essence, but our access to that essence is extremely different. Most people are still born to do much learning to even recognize that there is such essence and they cannot live from that as of yet. To put it extreme - it's as if you told a child it lacks in motivation and effort, else it would be an adult. It will be - in due time. However, it is what is is.

Charles once recommended me once what you refute here - developing a "reverse double standard." I would expect of myself to adhere to a high standard, but I would not judge others for not adhering to a similar standard. The key to forgiving them is to see that they cannot as of yet.

There are many people who seem to disregard what seem to you to be the most basic principles of dealing with others, but their lessons have not yet progressed to that point that they have internalised such values to be always drawn back to them. A great deal of incarnations is spent on building this spiritual backbone that will carry you to obeying these ideals all the time. Those actions that for you seem to disregard these principles and ideals are done out of unconsciousness. The karmic consequences of these actions will be the material of their learning what the value of such ideals could be. Once these ideals are recognised and finally adopted to live from, change will come to that human being and eventually promote them to ever higher levels of personal evolution and liberation.

It's not that they eschew the effort. They feel not within the same urgency as you do. They have no larger picture. They're adding together pieces that will one day constitute it. They do valid work that will ultimately lead them to have a larger picture and feel the same urgency. Seeing that gives many things an air of perfection in that they can be seen as the causes of future liberation. This eventually transforms into something proclaimed in some versions of Mahayana Buddhism - one does see the Buddha in everyone they encounter. A nascent one, one yet to be awakened, unleashed and brought into full awareness, but this Buddha nature, it is there within, and this is where we truly are the same as we all carry the seed.

Cheers,
Oliver

korpo,

i feel like you just punched my belief system in the liver. in a good way. so thank you.

i like your succinct approach to my freak out. i do feel severe urgency - you're correct there, sir!

the main hang-up i have here is simple: i have seen people rapidly reverse after a severe chastisement. so i question whether there is an imbalance between my compassion and my tolerance for the temptations, traps and such. when it comes to people's choices that is where i find myself walking on the razor's edge: do i give into compassion regarding their circumstances, or do i give in to intolerance regarding the entrapping nature of samsara?

the problem is choice - and it's not my choices that i'm obsessing about!

in the past i've dealt with this two effective ways: chastizement, or 'planting the seed' of an idea that might later sprout.

1. people hate being chastised
2. my seed, in competition with the 10,000 other seeds planted by society, friends, media, etc. often sprouts but takes far too long.
3. i still don't have a 3rd way!

thanks for your insight.

dale

sleeper
11th August 2011, 05:34 PM
.....she looks like a flower but she stings like a Bhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/winner-019.gif

the truth only hurts when our identity is in competition with it.

we must be like water, flowing with the truth and indistinct from it.

Korpo
11th August 2011, 07:17 PM
Hello, Dale.

the main hang-up i have here is simple: i have seen people rapidly reverse after a severe chastisement. so i question whether there is an imbalance between my compassion and my tolerance for the temptations, traps and such. when it comes to people's choices that is where i find myself walking on the razor's edge: do i give into compassion regarding their circumstances, or do i give in to intolerance regarding the entrapping nature of samsara?

When you feel compassion for their circumstances, you remove the obstacle of judgement. You see them as they are, not better, not worse. You understand the situation, you begin to see the causes. This is the prerequisite for chosing a course of action - seeing what is actually there. When you move into that spot it will be easier to chose a course of action.

I could not give a generic answer to the question - should we act or should we not? As lame as it may sound, it all depends on the situation and the circumstances. If we remove the filters that prevent us from seeing things as they are, we similarly remove the filters that prevent us from tapping into deeper wisdom. The more we come to this place, the more likely we are to tap into a good course of action.

Maybe we lack the wisdom to make a good choice. The consequence of our action or inaction will be a karmic lesson deriving from it. We either voluntarily observe the consequences from our actions and have the chance to learn from them rather quickly, or at some point the consequences of our actions just bite us in the ass. ;) Either way, being exposed to such situations and trying out different responses is part of the process of developing such wisdom. So, most of what you chose as course of action when you don't know better will lead the way to knowing better if you pay attention.

By seeing many varying examples of human behavior and your reaction to it, your actions in response and their consequences you will also see why some responses work some time and some time not. This builds your discernment by learning to tell apart different scenarios by more subtle qualities you were originally unaware of. As long as you have a strong response to such situations it shows your need to build these qualities - about actions, outcomes and discernment. As you discern more subtle causes and differences, this increases your understanding, which also reduces the tendency to judge (though will still have an opinion).

In a sense this is in your face because this is a quality you need to cultivate to progress further. Frustration arises according to Charles when you try to skip steps, or try to avoid a certain lesson. It's the feeling of wanting to be done with it. Recognising this as a lesson might induce a more detached attitude which facilitates the whole process above.

I cannot say what the outcome of this learning process for you would be or your "ultimate" conclusion of it. I'm working on it as well, trying to find out what responses work for me, and frankly I do get rather frustrated at times. Some people are so irritating in their ways that they prove to be perfect reality checks for our progress in such matters. I have to tell myself that at times just to make sure I don't forget. ;)

Cheers,
Oliver

psionickx
11th August 2011, 08:30 PM
the truth only hurts when our identity is in competition with it.we must be like water, flowing with the truth and indistinct from it.

appologies.. i didnt even read what the OP was writing ,much less talking of.....im on limited time so often times i just go through only what the mods write and just quoted what appealed to me is all :angelic:

Beekeeper
11th August 2011, 09:35 PM
i am a man, with many traits, including but not limited to love. I have learned to trust all of my character attributes, as limited as they are.

I have no doubt of that.:-)

i think i sea what you are saying: i should anchor my sharing in love?

i detect considerable depth in your meaning, but i do not fathom it nor can i navigate across it. can you elaborate on that?

I don't think you should do anything. What I think is what will or does happen. I relate to everything you've said, if it means anything to you. Oliver and I of of the same school on this one and we've had similar conversations at times. What you're experiencing is a transcendental/old soul issue. I always find the answer in love, which always reasserts itself naturally for me and is a comfort to me. I could but I don't analyse how that comes about - it just does. I wish I could give you more but less and less lately I want to analyse and more and more it feels like a direct flow of grace: like just waking up one morning and feeling better, you know?

I enjoyed your spirited reply and I feel it did you good.:-) I hope so, at least. It made me laugh, which, if you ask me, is always part of the solution.:thumbsup:

sleeper
11th August 2011, 10:08 PM
I have no doubt of that.:-)

I don't think you should do anything. What I think is what will or does happen. I relate to everything you've said, if it means anything to you. Oliver and I of of the same school on this one and we've had similar conversations at times. What you're experiencing is a transcendental/old soul issue. I always find the answer in love, which always reasserts itself naturally for me and is a comfort to me. I could but I don't analyse how that comes about - it just does. I wish I could give you more but less and less lately I want to analyse and more and more it feels like a direct flow of grace: like just waking up one morning and feeling better, you know?

I enjoyed your spirited reply and I feel it did you good.:-) I hope so, at least. It made me laugh, which, if you ask me, is always part of the solution.:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

thanks i'll meditate on that.

CFTraveler
14th August 2011, 10:52 PM
I see I missed a very interesting thread. I'll take me a long time to read it but I like how it ends.