PDA

View Full Version : Weird eyes open experience.

stephy
10th November 2010, 10:23 AM
When staring at an object, it's like after a few seconds the object is the only real thing that my focus is on. I've also had it happen to where part of the object will disappear from my sight along with everything around it starting to disappear. The problem is I can't hold that for very long as my eyes will move and then it will be over, although reaching that point takes a few seconds and can easily be reached again. I'm wondering though what would happen if I got beyond that point, perhaps trance related or something else entirely?

CFTraveler
10th November 2010, 02:50 PM
The "dissapearing object" effect is the cause of something called 'retinal fatigue (http://www.getfocusedamerica.org/images/GF_RetinalFatigue.pdf)', and is unrelated to the trance itself. What happens is that the retina produces an afterimage that is the complete opposite (like a photographic negative) of what you're looking at until it completely disappears from view. At this point you'll have to blink because your eyes will become dry- they need tears to properly function.
However, this is a very interesting way to enter a trance. I have used a candle to focus on and been able to enter a light trance with my eyes open. If the environment is right (soft glowing light, no disturbances, comfort (but not enough to fall asleep) you can have very interesting experiences with the trance. The trick is not to worry about blinking, what your eyes do, or anything else about your body- simply focus on the object, and keep looking at it as long as you can. If you have to blink do so, but do it automatically, not thinking about it.

stephy
11th November 2010, 07:11 AM
Ah, to bad. Thanks for the info, only really did it as to practice seeing auras and at the moment it's pure white but I do see it and guess just need a lot of practice.

CFTraveler
11th November 2010, 03:16 PM
It's still a good source of practice. If you can trance with your eyes open that's a good thing.