PDA

View Full Version : Lucidology New Course - Non-Lucid Techniques (?)

Sinera
10th November 2010, 04:19 PM
so here is a new program/product sold by Nick Newport, the "Lucidologist" :wink: :

http://lucidology.com/oversoul/

it says that you can even get insights without becoming lucid in dreaming.

here is the essential quote about what he says about normal dreaming insights, as opposed to OBE/LDs:

"The fact that I could do the OBE at all strongly suggested that the nonphysical universe really does exist, but even though it was a lot of fun to fly around in the OBE I wasn't really learning much spiritually.
I actually began to find that my lucid dreams and normal dreams were starting to become a lot more instructive than my OBEs.
I found that my dream self already knew the answers to almost all the questions I had and that I made faster progress by just remembering what it remembered in my dreams.
Lucidity was not required!
What this meant was that anyone could use their normal dreams to answer these same questions for themselves even if they couldn't induce OBEs or have lucid dreams, all that you need is to know how to open up communication with your spiritual dream self so that it can give you the information it already has.
Using this idea I came up with a technique that you can use to have a solid block of lucid dreams all night long as well as a series of guided imagery exercises that you can use to transform your dreams into tools for real spiritual exploration to contact your oversoul and soul records. "
- N. Newport

what do you think about this course? it promises a lot, eg. you also should become able to access your other incarnations, soul records, etc.. - I would personally love that ! :shock: :D

for the first time i consider maybe purchasing it (price is 'affordable', and yes, he wants also to make money of it, but so do robert bruce or william buhlman ...)

but before I try this out, has anyone experience with or even purchased one of these course materials and tried it?

CFTraveler
10th November 2010, 05:53 PM
It sounds a lot like some of the courses offered at the Monroe Institute.
I'd like to hear from a graduate (from Nick's course) to know how it went.

Korpo
10th November 2010, 07:55 PM
Hello, Volgerle.

for the first time i consider maybe purchasing it (price is 'affordable', and yes, he wants also to make money of it, but so do robert bruce or william buhlman ...)

Wants to make money out of it? I don't necessarily think so. Try to do the math - nobody could possibly live off of this at the price it is offered at multiplied by potential number of customers. (Gauging participation at these and other forums seems to indicate nobody gets rich by selling OBE books.)

If you show me somebody asking 300 bucks for such material, okay, that's a ripoff right there, but about 30? I have bought books that cost more.

I cannot testify for this material, but I can certainly support the idea of not needing an OBE to have spiritual insight transmitted.

Cheers,
Oliver

Sinera
10th November 2010, 08:28 PM
Hello Oliver

yes, I agree. I did not want to imply anything "immoral" about it, but rather saying that it is even "normal" to sell courses like this.
I also wanted still to express it in a more positive way by relating it to other AP gurus such as Robert, stating that despite its costs it is possibly value for money. And if he invests his time and efforts in it it is also worth to get paid for it (moroever, since it is not over-expensive to my mind).

As CFT also said, I would like to know s.o. who has experience with his material and bought one of his previous courses (or even this one) - just to get some opinion(s) on it. But I suspect there is no one here who used it so far.

Regarding the dreams: I have made progress with my dreams a while ago, but am now stalled (even the Moldavite under my pillow seems to have given up on me .. :wink: ).
So the question for me is how to get spiritual insights up again, possibly even in non-lucid dreams, that is why this new course got me interested. (Maybe will try out the "Seth method" first, before purchasing this material, and see what it brings me).

Cheers
Volgerle

Neil Templar
10th November 2010, 09:05 PM
you know what, it is so inexpensive, i just went and ordered it, so i'll let you know shortly! :D
less than 20 GBP!

Neil Templar
10th November 2010, 09:06 PM
Regarding the dreams: I have made progress with my dreams a while ago, but am now stalled (even the Moldavite under my pillow seems to have given up on me .. :wink: ).
So the question for me is how to get spiritual insights up again, possibly even in non-lucid dreams,

do you ask for guidance before sleep, by means of your dreams?
or simply dream, then look for insights?

Sinera
10th November 2010, 09:24 PM
you know what, it is so inexpensive, i just went and ordered it, so i'll let you know shortly! :D
less than 20 GBP!
great, looking forward to hearing from you on this :D

Sinera
10th November 2010, 09:25 PM
So the question for me is how to get spiritual insights up again, possibly even in non-lucid dreams,

do you ask for guidance before sleep, by means of your dreams?
or simply dream, then look for insights?
both, sometimes I do affirmations or "kind of" pray that I get answers/insights, then I also look ... but hardly find sth.
at one time I asked to dream a specific number in for a night, I dreamt a number that night indeed (related to a clock time), still not so sure if it one that was related to my question then

Sinera
10th November 2010, 09:29 PM
of course I forgot to mention our dream experiment from a few months ago (white dogs, blue colour, chickens)
that worked possibly since I had done affirmations to recognize the dream sign, although it wasnt the sign directly it proved some small degree of shared dreaming to me
anyway, a dream sign is not yet a specific answer to a specific personal question for me, still a long way to go ...

CFTraveler
10th November 2010, 10:13 PM
Well, I hope Neil educates us as to what it's all about.

Korpo
12th November 2010, 04:08 PM
Hello, Volgerle.

Isn't "Lucidology" what used to be "Saltcube?"

What would you consider a spiritual insight?

Friends of mine said that they experience very interesting things when reading "Seth Speaks" out loud. It seems to make a difference.

Cheers,
Oliver

CFTraveler
12th November 2010, 04:35 PM
Matt (or Nick, I never knew if it was the same person or a change in administration) Used to run the Saltcube forum, and started Lucidology as a separate venture- as a learning institution and newsletter. I believe Nick Newport still owns both (or at least he did until not so long ago).
I stopped posting at Saltcube because it became increasingly about politics, economics and conspiracy theory, subjects I don't enjoy discussing.

Sinera
12th November 2010, 06:47 PM
Matt (or Nick, I never knew if it was the same person or a change in administration) Used to run the Saltcube forum, and started Lucidology as a separate venture- as a learning institution and newsletter. I believe Nick Newport still owns both (or at least he did until not so long ago).
I stopped posting at Saltcube because it became increasingly about politics, economics and conspiracy theory, subjects I don't enjoy discussing.
I am sure that it is also Nick. I always received automatic newsletters on offers to one of my email adresses (lots of mails from him, too often, gets a bit spammy). That's how I knew about this new course.

I answered yesterday one of these emails communicating my interest but asking if there was also a kind of forum for participants to exchange info and experiences. I received a reply and was indeed given this link to the Saltcube forum: http://saltcube.com/out-of-body/chat-fo ... um.jsp?f=0 (http://saltcube.com/out-of-body/chat-forum/viewForum.jsp?f=0)

It looks a bit "old-fashioned" (somehow 90ies web 1.0 style :wink: ) but I registered anyway.

Sinera
12th November 2010, 06:48 PM
What would you consider a spiritual insight?
answers

CFTraveler
12th November 2010, 07:05 PM
If you post at Saltcube say hello to Debra Jane (ultravioletfrog) for me and tell her to try debraJane with no cap at the 'd' one more time. She should know what I'm talking about.

Sinera
12th November 2010, 07:10 PM
If you post at Saltcube say hello to Debra Jane (ultravioletfrog) for me and tell her to try debraJane with no cap at the 'd' one more time. She should know what I'm talking about.
consider it done 8) :lol:

Sinera
15th November 2010, 07:42 PM
hey, Neil, any first results? I'm curious. :shock: :idea:

Neil Templar
15th November 2010, 10:42 PM
i've got it all downloaded and in a folder on the desktop, but not gotten into it yet. been a bit busy this past weekend.
however, this week i'm doing a cleanse/detox/semi-fast, and intend to take a look at it, so i'll get back to you later.. :D