PDA

View Full Version : Bright orbs appearing in 'real life'

TheGeoffalope
21st March 2006, 05:32 PM
Hey everybody. I don't really know where else to post this, I was just wondering if anybody else saw something like this and if they were negative energies or not.

Well, a friend and I were driving down to a cemetary along the backroads that has a reputation for odd stuff happening. When we approached the cemetary there were 5-7 bright white spheres hovering around. At first I thought they were headlights or flashlights, but as we got closer we noticed there was nothing attached to them (i.e. car or people) and the lights did not have a stream of light like you would expect from a flashlight. Anyway we started screaming at our highest pitches as we moved by them and they sort of took interest and positioned themselves on both sides of the road. As we drove past I could see a bunch more gathering on the road in my rear view mirror. No drugs were involved and we both saw them.

Has anyone else seen something like this or know if they were more negative or positive? I've seen a few pictures that showed what they looked like under the name of will o wisps.

CFTraveler
21st March 2006, 08:54 PM
The official viewpoint is that the decomposing gas causes those orbs (I'm not sure if they're the same kind of thing you see in swamps at night if the weather is right.) I tend to agree with this, since graveyards are full of decomposing gas, and also on an 'etheric' level, people that go there probably leave the imprint of grief in the area. I do not think it's ghosts, because if I was a ghost I'd want to be with my family, not with my rotting body. But that's just me.

enoch
21st March 2006, 09:40 PM
I've taken quite a few good 'orb' photo's in a graveyard a couple of years ago. Thing is: I could think of better places to float about than over my own decomposing body.

What's with these orbs anyway? What happened to 'proper' ghosts!? :lol:
You know: headless monks....highwaymen....footsteps and laughter of murdered children in hotel corridoors....

All that good stuff that kept me on my toes as a child...and also kept me awake often! :roll: :wink:

What would Egon Spengler have to say about all this?

22nd March 2006, 12:30 AM
We'd like to get a sample of your brain tissue. :wink:

TheGeoffalope
22nd March 2006, 02:21 AM
We'd like to get a sample of your brain tissue. Wink

Hahahaha. :lol:

Yeah, the pockets of gas idea was the only other explanation I could come up with besides thinking it was something paranormal. I'd sorta think that they'd be over the graves since that's where all the decomposing material is. But they were at the entrance, which is down a hill from the cemetary. They seemed to move about randomly to. I wish I could find some sort of scientific article or something that describes them.

If they were negative energies or pockets of gas I bet the best defense was to scream like a little school girl and just keep driving... which is what I decided to do. :lol: Hey, pockets of gas can be scary too.

Nick----
3rd April 2006, 02:37 AM
I'm taking an course in Indonesian culture and music and my teacher has mentioned this many times. She saw them often in Indonesia and said that people there fully believe in them. They call them laiks, and saw that they can only harm children...I don't know if there's truth to this though

3rd April 2006, 03:27 AM
I have a feeling that what you saw were orbs that you and your friends created through telekinesis. You had an expectation of seeing something, others before you had an expectation, so it could be a combo of thought forms and PK.

I like the gas theory, too. Very scientific and always the first thing that I look at when trying to define something paranormal.

Most probably not ghosts. Ghosts really don't hang out at cemetaries, except to watch their funeral. :D Is that where you would hang out if you were dead? Yuck! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/spezial/serpe/morte/morte7.gifThere is one caveat...spirits who have a morbid fascination and strong emotional attachment to their physical bodies. They sometimes check to see the condition of their body. :roll: They need to get a life. :lol: