PDA

View Full Version : New Member

pacer
11th November 2010, 11:54 PM
Hi Everyone. I joined the forum in February, 2010 but this is my first post ever on any type of website. I could use some advice. I am a 59 year old criminal defense attorney (Public Defender). I had my first OBE 4 years ago in 2007 when I started to fall asleep in the afternoon watching TV. I felt strong vibrations and heard a loud engine like sound and felt myself being sucked up to the ceiling. I quickly went up to the living room and looked around but I felt like I was in an irrational panic to get back to my body on the couch so I went back before I was done exploring. After it happened again a week later (this time on purpose), I started reading in an attempt to find out what had happened. I have never told anyone about my experiences then or after, until now (not even my wife) because I thought that nobody would believe me.

Since then I have averaged about 35-40 OBEs per year -- about 50/50 between lucid dreams and actual projections into the "real time zone." As a beginner, I am satisfied with my numbers but I am disappointed that my projections seem less dramatic and more dream-like than they were at the beginning. As far as I know, I have never made it into the Astral Plane even thought I have repeatedly tried Robert's techniques (spinning, flying at a 45 degree angle, moving through a picture, and looking for astral tubes).

In short, I am very poor at navigation. Am I doing something wrong or does it just take more practice?
Thanks for whatever help that you can give me. Pacer

CFTraveler
12th November 2010, 01:05 AM
Hi Pacer. You are doing very well, navigation takes time, and also you need to acclimate to go from the RTZ to the astral plane. A thought however- Lucid dreams are astral projections, so you are making it to the astral, even if you are missing the exit.
Enjoy whatever lessons you learn from having out of body etheric projections, and when you least know it, you will go into the astral. You may also try phasing (techs in the OBE Research & Discussions forum, if you're interested)- phasing, when done successfully will bring you directly into the astral, without going into the RTZ.

Ouroboros
14th November 2010, 01:16 AM
Welcome to the forums, Pacer! You might want to give energy work a try, it could help solidify some of those dream-like projections. Robert Bruce also highly recommends affirmations as a general aid for most things, so that's something to consider as well.