PDA

View Full Version : Spontaneous Erruption Vs. Assidous Hardwork

psionickx
19th November 2010, 01:17 PM
Kundalini has been said to rise spontaneously in people.Women in the process of giving birth or in protracted labor.People falling on their backbone shattering their coccyx or vertebrae.People undergoing intense physical or emotional trauma.
Most of these people weren't even aware of the word Kundalini much less even understand what the process of it entails.
*This negates the possiblity of subconciously imbibed exposure and its consequent manifestation.
*This also negates the possibility of basic instinct of acquiring attention by faking a spiritual crisis.

Kundalini has also been said to rise in people undergoing intensive applied energetics.The NEW manual has explicit details for working the Kundalini circuit.Swami Satyananda in his book Kundalini Tantra says with express clarity that people tend to over-worry about accidentally arousing Kundalini because in his opinion its a force very hard to awaken.
*This implicates that Kundalini arousal must meet certain fixed/benchmark criteria before activation/arousal.
*This also negates the possibility of accidental/casual awakening.

*How do you personally co-relate the two distinctly different states of arousal :?:

farewell2arms
19th November 2010, 01:54 PM
I have never had any experience with spontaneous erruption of any sort. However, when looking back I now understand there were some kind of inception or activation a few years ago by my higher self. Although, I had no idea of this at the time, of course.

It wasn't until a few years later I found Roberts book on NEW and this site, and began working with energy.

I am not sure anyone can awaken Kundalini. It's like, what came first, the chicken or the egg? Does kundalini manifest the urge to search for deeper meaning, or does it arise from the search? It's a tricky question.

Things like these doesn't tend to fit into ordinary categories and definitions of what can be "done". That's basically surrendering, to me; to accept a state of no control.

So I don't see much difference between the hard-working spiritual seeker and the guy trying to cope with a spontaneous awakening. I would say they are both dealing with the same issues, just looking at them from different viewpoints and identifying with them in different ways.

Take care,

John

Korpo
19th November 2010, 03:08 PM
Hi.

There's an inherent problem with trying to conceptualise these things. Especially "it is either this or it is that." That locks one into a certain way of reasoning that's too inflexible and can at worst also lead to ignoring valid experiences because "the model" or "the hypothesis" doesn't allow for them.

Very specifically in this case you cannot possibly know what the forces were behind each event. What karma, what forces in play do generate the awakening? Why does one person sit a day and another half a life? Why do some people have breakdowns, some just have some sort of bliss and ecstasy? Why are there spontaneous awakenings?

It's like taking out all the details from the picture and looking very close at what is "not it," because it is so easy to look at. The implicit assumption is that we already see what is to be seen, which I think is rather unlikely. The seen and the unseen details are probably far more important than what we seem to conclude from the events. I wouldn't think of it as a mechanism, because it does not seem helpful in my opinion. It's not as easy as "push button A and B will happen."

From our limited point of view Kundalini is simply this: unpredictable. We have neither the knowledge nor the power of observation (including properly attuned inner senses) to understand it at this point. That's why all conceptualisation doesn't bring us closer, at least in my opinion.

Cheers,
Oliver

psionickx
19th November 2010, 03:56 PM
Does kundalini manifest the urge to search for deeper meaning, or does it arise from the search?

*I'm not K-aroused ...but I do nonetheless have the urge to search for deeper meaning.
*I'm going to assume here people who aren't very forward in Spiritual development ...or evolution for that matter at all ..once they undergo K-arousal the choice to evolve/develop is still entire theres.They can either use their activation as a tool or do nothing about it all and impede growth...if any at all occurs.

.....back at square-one

psionickx
19th November 2010, 04:28 PM
There's an inherent problem with trying to conceptualise these things. Especially "it is either this or it is that." That locks one into a certain way of reasoning that's too inflexible and can at worst also lead to ignoring valid experiences because "the model" or "the hypothesis" doesn't allow for them

*What your'e calling rigidity i'm calling Trial-&-Error.I think there's more to be gained from factual result based working rather than surrendering to the fact that whatever K-arousal or K-activation entails is shrouded in mystery and should be taken as such.

CFTraveler
19th November 2010, 06:23 PM
I'm only partially responding on what you're saying- I'm just opining on the tendency I see of people of grasping onto the "all or nothing" mentality I have been seeing here and on other boards.

I think there's more to be gained from factual result based working rather than surrendering to the fact that whatever K-arousal or K-activation entails is shrouded in mystery and should be taken as such. The thing is the conundrum you presented before is the result of that result-based working.
It's possible that you don't have to 'give up trying to make sense of it' either, simply realize that there may be more than one explanation for the apparent problems that are brought up.
K seems to sometimes happen as a result of work, and it seems to also happen as a result of trauma. So it would not be unreasonable to assume that K is an effect.
Can you make it happen? It appears so, Robert and others report doing it by using energy work, and I am safe to say that many of us have awakened it (not raised it) just by doing energy work.
So yes, there are many ways that can be used to make it happen, but that doesn't mean that everyone that has tried the methods that have worked for some work for everyone.
So, I'd say, with Kundalini, it may be difficult to gauge what anyone in particular needs to do to make it happen.

Tutor
19th November 2010, 11:23 PM
8)

psionickx
20th November 2010, 08:27 PM
The thing is the conundrum you presented before is the result of that result-based working

*Wouldn't exactly call it a riddle.More like healthy curiosity of working mechanics rather than sitting and glorifying how mysterious it all is or how delicious the mystique of it.Most of the time people writing here tend to lapse into a lot of intellectual masturbation.Pleasureable yes .....Productive NO.

Tutor
21st November 2010, 01:07 AM
my terrible two cents, i reckon it is checked twice...

*Peeps here definitely starting to grow on me. :mrgreen:
I wonder where caterpillar is ........me and my big brash mouth smthg or the other goes wrong everytime i open it :oops:

Dude, i totally thought about you, when i got called out in a thread yesterday. I was like, "who the hell am i to be rousting out psionickx weeks ago, like i am some papa bear of manners or sumptin?" i think i had one of those 'what goes around comes around' moments. so yeah, I am sorry dude, i see where my own big brash mouth speeks out of turn too. seems i have a very high opinion of myself. i guess with an :oops: , we can laugh at ourselves. :lol:

psionickx
21st November 2010, 11:14 AM
ahan.

CFTraveler
21st November 2010, 05:38 PM
"who the hell am i to be rousting out psionickx weeks ago, like i am some papa bear of manners or sumptin?"
*You weren't rousting me ...i wasn't in your bed to begin with :mrgreen:

so yeah, I am sorry dude, i see where my own big brash mouth speeks out of turn too
*Funny ....what you take for brash i took for southern hospitality...so a sorry actually was never due.

Good to see there are people here who have earnt their place by plain old simple common sense and the altruism of helping others in a unique experience online.
Suffice to say that people like Caterpillarwoman are far and well above from ever feeling sassed and dismiss exuberance of youth casually when they see it as such. Being that CW hasn't participated on this thread, why are you talking about her?

Tutor
21st November 2010, 06:42 PM
psionickx,

at any rate, just like you said, ya wasnt in my bed to begin with; therefore i misjudged the circumstances; and i also see, some more of, this 'logical' you, that cuts to the chase.

tim