PDA

View Full Version : Dual Consciousness/Mind Split

atomheart
23rd March 2006, 03:14 PM
Last night I experienced a state of dual consciousness during a lucid dream (fell asleep while astral projecting). My guardians presented me with my own brain to demonstrate how I was experiencing a dual consciousness. I was outside my brain in a more subtle physical existence, a more lucid one and a more fluid one, it felt like I was made out of liquid, but quite thicker than water. My brain was presented as a display in a museum, it too possessed this fluid, LSD-like, appearance. It was brought to my attention by my guardians (although they are now but shadows in my memory, I do remember their giving hands) that I was in fact outside my brain looking at it, yet at the same time it was thinking, which means that I was thinking. Suddenly I felt my brain thinking, “I have astral projected, I must remember this when I wake up.” It is a paradox but I had in fact witnessed myself/mybrain thinking from an outside perspective, as if I was not my brain, or more like my brain had been objectified and diminished beyond my self. As soon as my brain started to think independently of me, it started witnessing me – the brainless me. So in effect, I was watching myself watching myself. It is very difficult to explain – imagine looking yourself at the mirror, while you are simultaneously behind the mirror looking at yourself through the mirror. This state didn’t last for long as I (which part of I?) tried to concentrate more on recording the incident so that I could remember it when I wake up and I soon came to waking consciousness...

Kalonek
24th March 2006, 11:54 AM
This is definitely a very interesting experience, thanks for sharing it !

Beekeeper
30th March 2006, 07:30 AM
Cool!

Dais
20th May 2006, 05:54 PM
I have not beem able to have a problem with this mind split thing you all talk about.
The second or third time I tried to project I had this mind split thing but it did not bother me.
My astral self was standing at the top of a hill and my body lied awake in bed preforming trance. my perspectives over laped each other and i was able to move my astral body around and gain memories as my physhcal body just laid thier.
My vision sometimes would snap back and forth along with my hearing but it was working.
I had no discomforts at all. I then proceeded to stand next to myself. well again nothing happened but me looking at me one laying on the bed the other standing. Well sorry for not really having advice here. But any way maybe some one can tell me why I dont have this problem.

I think its because The Idea of forever isint that mind boggling to me and the idea of a bunch of me's existing in other planes of existence is all that staraling to me eather. Frankly when i started to learn about this stuff it kind all just clicked and made sense to me.