PDA

View Full Version : LOA and weight loss

natalie-1984
7th December 2010, 07:24 AM
Does anyone here read Law of Attraction books by Jerry and Esther Hicks? I have been watching their dvds as well.

They talk about using LOA for weight loss briefly in one of their videos. I was wondering if anyone else on here is applying these teaching for the same reason. How do you distract yourself from thinking about needing to lose weight when you have to look at your body every day?? I created a vision board where I posted pictures of me at my goal weight (before 2 kids), and other inspirational things as well. I guess I'm supose to meditate 15 minutes a day and focus on my goal and feel exactly how it would feel to be there.

The LOA has been working beautifully in my life, in every area...except weight loss :? I feel like I ALWAYS get what I want!!

Does anyone have any advice?

CFTraveler
7th December 2010, 02:51 PM
I have never tried it for that purpose, but I would suggest you think of these things as things that are already true about you, and not focus on it as a goal, more as a given.

natalie-1984
8th December 2010, 01:53 AM
I agree. I know I'm supose to act and think as if I'm already at my goal weight...but that's easier said than done! Today I spent a few minutes looking at my vision board and imagining how it would feel to be back at that weight. And today everytime I was getting ready to eat I would think to myself "If I were thin, what would I eat?" that has been helping. But I think I need to say "NOW that I'm thin...what should I eat?". I find visualizing easier for me to do since I have been at my goal weight before. About 5 or 6 years ago I lost 50 lbs and kept it off for a long time. It was just natural to me to be thin. But I felt like I had to work at it every day. I ran for an hour every morning at 6mp, and kept a food journal and ate really healthy. I really had the mindset of a thin person..except I was afraid I would wake up fat again. So now I can think back to how I used to think and feel.

I really really believe I can do this. But I think the LOA doesn't work if you talk about having to lose weight, because then you will always have to lose weight! It's confusing, but I am just trying to think positive thoughts that are "downstream" and not beat myself up when I look in the mirror.

This might sound silly, but I am also trying to use the LOA to ... grow taller! I think I am having more success with that! And I know why, I NEVER think about how short I am and I never beat myself up about it. So now during the day I just say things like "man I am getting so tall!". This one lady was saying it worked for her. When she would buy pants she would buy them long cause she knew she would fit into them. And in 2 months she has grown 3 inches! It could be just BS, but it encourages me! Right now I am 5 ft 1 in and weigh about 175 :oops: . I want to be 5 ft 4 in and weight 120 lbs. Wish me luck!

okie
8th December 2010, 03:55 AM
Have you read any of Richard Bartlett's work?

Bartlett banks on the idea that reality is made up of light and information and that all rules are bendable. Typical new age/quantum self-help. His ideas seem like an accumulation of imaginative theories and worlds to play around with. If anything you may pick up some new methods of altering core beliefs.

Actually, I'll save you the time of reading the books. Just use your imagination and go with it. Pretend there are no rules and see what happens. Nudge your right brain awake.