PDA

View Full Version : First Lucid Dream in a while- Question!

psparks
23rd March 2006, 08:42 PM
I used to have lucid dreams every now and them- but would lose control over them quickly because of the crazy things I would do (jump off buildings, fly, etc.)

Last night I had a dream where I realized I was lucid and really wanted to fly an airplane. But I didn't know where any airplanes were. So I got in my car and convinced myself I could find an airplane somewhere. Does anyone have any suggestions to help me do what I want to do while im lucid? Like should something just appear if I think about it?

Thanks,
Patrick

23rd March 2006, 10:00 PM
your thinking too rigid.
you could have just flown around yourself, flown your car, or manifested an airplane. how did you manifest the car?!? you probably weren't thinking about it. in your mind you needed to locate a plane...and that's what you spent your time doing. :wink: had you stopped focused more on the sky where you wanted to be...possibly a plane would have appeared instead of the car.

another thing that can slow you down, is the idea of time lines. you're conditioned (in this world) that you have to have a plane before you can fly one. you could have just taken a moment, closed your eyes, and felt yourself flying...and the whole dream would have skipped ahead to you being in the plane. like skipping the boring chapters in a book. it's very frustrating to waste a bunch time seeking things out, usually there's a sense of desperation to lucid dreaming in the beginning. i have a ton of experience here. the best i can say is slow down.
you're in control and there are no rules. that's the difficult part in the beginning...letting go of all the conditioning from this place, but that's also the best part. each time you open up a little more and break out of the confines of your mind.

Tom
23rd March 2006, 10:36 PM
Swimming in rivers and oceans is more to my liking than flying. Being able to breathe under the surface of the water is nice, and I've always felt more secure than trying to break the gravity habit to fly.

Beekeeper
30th March 2006, 07:27 AM
Or you could have morphed the car you were driving into a plane, maybe? I agree with muse333, though, needing a plane is possibly rigid, unless, of course, flying a plane was exactly the experience you were after.