PDA

View Full Version : Long term effects

Tiny
13th December 2010, 02:32 PM
Dear folks,

I just learned to raise enough energy to project from the waking state.

Now I just wonder what the long-term effects of this may be.

Robert Bruce wrote, somewhere that you could leave the body within 5 mins of lying down. I remember Robert Peterson wrote in his book "OBEs: How to have them and what to expect" that he would sometimes fall out of his body even when out for a walk! So I must assume that this will generally increase the energy levels of the etheric body. Is this true? Does it over time take less and less effort to raise the same amount of energy?

kind regards,

Paul

CFTraveler
13th December 2010, 02:44 PM
Robert has written in many places a few other things about it, (if I find the time I'll get you links if possible):
Achieving an RTZ (classic OBE from waking consciousness) uses a lot of energy, so that there would never be a case of 'too much energy' except in the long term, because the energy body only stores 'so' much energy- and the act of raising energy actually increases the body's ability to store energy, so a lot of raising energy makes it more available to doing OBEs- but at the same time too much energy raising can deplete energy, so there is always some balance built into the system, so to speak.

Now, regarding the 'out of body half the time' account, I have known two people who went to meditation retreats and did four hour or more of continuous meditation, and reported having the feeling of being out of body for many hours afterwards. One of them posted here, I'll get you the links.
But IMO the reason this happened was not because of energy raising, but because the people in both cases maintained a trance for so many hours it was difficult to re-integrate back into the physical 100%- so I think it was due to the long term altered state, not so much the energy situation.
However, my understanding of energy work makes me think that it is part of meditation, so it all applies.

I'll go see if I find you some links now.

Tiny
10th January 2011, 07:46 AM
Thank you, my experience however has shown me that the trance tate is not one of altered brainwaves or body-asleep, but simply a state of increased energy flow (same as when you get a massage), so i see it in a completly different context.

Its been clear to me for a while that relaxation alone doesn't bring anything at all OBE wise, only energy work would get me there.

kind regards,

Paul

CFTraveler
10th January 2011, 03:42 PM
Thank you, my experience however has shown me that the trance tate is not one of altered brainwaves or body-asleep, but simply a state of increased energy flow (same as when you get a massage), so i see it in a completly different context.
Dear Paul: All stages of awareness, whether it's awake, asleep, dreaming, or heavy thinking, cause the brain to change it's brainwave rate to whatever state of consciousness it needs to attune with.
This has been shown by hooking up people to an EEG and measuring them as they perform tasks and as they go to sleep, and as they dream and wake up. This is an indisputable fact.

The state of deep trance is usually theta, which is the state that most people OBE from. Either deep theta or the beginning of delta. And, like I said before, I know of two people in particular that had the effect of not being able to fully integrate after being in trance states for four hours in a retreat. Both unrelated cases. One of them from this forum, another one I know personally.

----