PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding Bad Vibes

CFTraveler
15th December 2010, 02:14 AM
This was very good advice from Child of the Light in the Energy Work forum- what to do before someone brings yucky energy to your house:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=21770#p140720 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=21770#p140720)

Excerpted:

placing white flowers or carnations in the guestroom before the person arrives. The white flowers are said to 'absorb' any negative vibes the person may be have and leave behind, and then a thorough smudging is the home is to follow to remove any lingering 'bad vibes.'

okie
15th December 2010, 03:27 AM
Do you believe that traditions are strengthened by the amount of energy/attention that they receive?

I feel like any imaginative intention can have effects. But how effective can it be if I am the only one taking part in said belief?

For example, what If I would rather set up my furry Elmo toy in the corner of said visitors room with the intention to absorb and relinquish all nasty things and turn them into laughs?

Or is this potentially not as effective as a popular old shamanic ritual. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to have more participation from more individuals' belief systems?

ButterflyWoman
15th December 2010, 05:30 AM
Do you believe that traditions are strengthened by the amount of energy/attention that they receive?
All rituals and traditions are strengthened by the amount of energy/attention/belief put into them, on both a personal and collective level.

I feel like any imaginative intention can have effects.
This is correct.

But how effective can it be if I am the only one taking part in said belief?
Why wouldn't it work? That's what belief is all about.

For example, what If I would rather set up my furry Elmo toy in the corner of said visitors room with the intention to absorb and relinquish all nasty things and turn them into laughs?
If you believe it will, then it will, particularly if you come up with some ritual to bless or enspell Elmo to do this in your reality. The trick is in believing it (which is, when all is said and one, what ritual is intended to do; focus your belief).

Maybe it wouldn't hurt to have more participation from more individuals' belief systems?
It wouldn't hurt, but it won't necessarily help, either.

beam
17th December 2010, 06:49 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egregore

Alaskans
16th January 2011, 03:20 PM
i used to be able to see other dimensions normally. its such a jungle out there i was more used to seeing ghosts and stuff than 'living' things. i was suprised how many spirits, thought forms, ghosts, etc etc there are, all the houses i visited were like that, exept one, it was owned by a native totem pole carver and his wife, spirits would travel through thier house too, but they would not come down from the ceiling. i saw a shadowman go through once, it wouldnt come down either. as far as I know the only defensive thing they did was sage smudging every week. drumming circles were also held there, that might have helped too.