PDA

View Full Version : How Long?

viper555
21st June 2005, 08:20 PM
Hey, I was just wondering how long you want to work on the parts where Bruce says early work only?

Rydel
21st June 2005, 09:20 PM
Hi Viper555. I don't quite understand what you're asking here. Perhaps you could be a bit clearer, and I'll get back to you on it. :D

viper555
21st June 2005, 09:51 PM
My bad, just re-read my post and it wasn't very clear at all. I was talking about the parts where it says that you don't have to work on toes forever, just in the beginning stages. How long would that be considered? Is it just when the other actions on the whole limb seem to stimulate these smaller parts of it?

Rydel
21st June 2005, 09:54 PM
Well when I started working on my toes, I had a VERY hard time feeling my individual toes (other than the big toe that is), so I spent some extra time on them. This was before I got MAP of course, so I was taking it from Astral Dynamics. I spent a week or two just on my feet, and continued working with them even after I moved onto my legs, hands, arms, etc...

My advice is, when you feel you are ready to move on from a particular body part/exercise, go for it. Don't go to fast though! Remember, moving to fast can cause more damage as opposed to development. :wink:

viper555
21st June 2005, 11:47 PM
Cool man, thanks for the help.

Hey, one last question(I promise I stop bothering everyone then :) )

Is it ok to just start out with working like the feet and ankles(hands and wrists) until I can move through them faster and then move onto the rest of the leg/arm or is that a bad thing to do?The reason I ask is because it takes me about 45 minutes to just do my toes feet and ankles at the moment(to do it right and good)and when I try to work the whole limb I usually end up rushing because it takes an ungodly amount of time but I don't want to mess anything up here by not working the legs after i've worked the feet.

Thanks

EDIT:ONE LAST THING(I swear) Does MAP have any more usful information in than AD other than the workout program it gives? I'm planning on doing my developement on my own time and moving on when I feel ready so that part isn't really of interest to me.

Donald McGlinn
22nd June 2005, 05:44 AM
viper555,

It's never a bother to ask questions.

Never feel as though you have to limit your questions in here. We all learn by asking.

Relax and enjoy your learning and your growth and ask as many questions as you need to :)

Donald

linksshadow
22nd June 2005, 11:00 AM
It is perfectly alright to work on specific areas until you are comfortable with them before moving on to other areas. In fact I would recommend it. It is like building a pyramid, you have to make sure the base is developed enough to support the rest of the structure. Like you are saying work at your own pace and trust your instincts on what you need to work on most. I progressed in much the same fashion you are describing and it worked out alright for me.

-Dan

viper555
22nd June 2005, 02:14 PM
Cool, thanks for all the help everyone. :D

Rydel
22nd June 2005, 07:36 PM
Does MAP have any more usful information in than AD other than the workout program it gives?

MAP is much more structured than Astral Dynamics, and if gives you journaling space, more exercises, case historys, etc. I'd recommend it, even if you've been working with what you've seen in Astral Dynamics.

Dan36oy
30th June 2005, 05:20 PM
Here is a reply I made to someone else with a similar question

A house is only as good as its foundation...

When you feel like you have an effortless, solid grasp of the concepts I would say move on, or stay, either way you will still be stimulating and developing your energy body. It takes as long as it takes.

Pertaining to Astral Dynamics, "rushing development creates fragile energetic structures that have little practical use, as they tend to break down when put under pressure" (Bruce 1999). The book suggests that you practice the secondary system for a minimum of three months before moving into the primary centers (p. 172). So on average, you will be going through chapters 12 and 13 of Astral Dynamics in about 12 weeks, although I wouldn't rush it if I were you. I spent a little over a year doing a form of Taoist meditation/energy work where I stood, scanned my body for blockages and did a preliminary dissolving process before I even began dissolving the various energy gateways. In other energy systems, dedicated students can spend years doing just the standing, which is taught to build great internal power. Though this applies more to traditional training of internal martial arts, and was also used to weed out undedicated students.

Does MAP have any more usful information in than AD other than the workout program it gives? I'm planning on doing my developement on my own time and moving on when I feel ready so that part isn't really of interest to me

Are you using the online NEW tutorial, NEW link (http://astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=6), to supplement the information found in AD? Though largely the same, the online tutorial has some information not present in AD and vice versa.

viper555
30th June 2005, 10:09 PM
Yeah, i've been following that tutorial and think i'm making fairly good progress with it. Right now i've gone from just working with my feet to working with my entire legs and hips and am getting good energy movement sensations. And it's only taking me about 35 minutes to do it too.