PDA

View Full Version : Removing Negative emotions

stimpy84
5th January 2011, 03:16 PM
I need some help with removing negative emotions and thoughts and charge myself with positivity. Is there any meditation technique specially suited for this? Help is very appreciated.

CFTraveler
5th January 2011, 04:03 PM
Hi Stimpy. The only way I know how to deal with negative emotions is to feel them, acknowledge them, process them, and release them. I don't think it's possible to release them until they have been acknowledged, explored what caused (and what could have triggered them based on past experience), process them in various ways, and then release.
It sounds like work, but it's worth it.
BTW, the meditation tech is part of the release, but I find that it really doesn't work until you have done the previous steps.

Edited for abysmal grammar. Good Grief!

Beekeeper
6th January 2011, 02:26 AM
If these emotions result from interaction with others, it may be helpful to try to understand events from the point-of-view of the other person. This often helps me quickly work through anger or frustration.

Alienor
6th January 2011, 03:54 PM
You might find EFT (emotional freedom technique) of interest. I have not really used it my self, but did read about the basic principles and know that for many it does work really well. It is all about working with negative emotions and you can easily find information on it from the internet.