PDA

View Full Version : Too much heat in the head - help!

Neya
11th January 2011, 11:10 PM
I have meditated on and off for a few years, but resently I have made it a daily practise because I am under a lot of stress. The problem is, that when I meditate my left cheek gets extremely red, inflamed and uncomfortably hot and ONE of the reasons I meditate is to lessen the redness in my face/head. (Im clearing up some pent up agression and its really obvious. I emit heat and my body is constantly warm. No, Im not menopausal.)

The interesting thing is, that when I meditate my right cheek is usually prominently red, but after I have relaxed, the redness is gone from the right cheek but the left cheek becomes red instead. I know there is a blockage somewhere or that Im doing something wrong, so I really need the help to find out what is causing this!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

CFTraveler
11th January 2011, 11:34 PM
I think that if meditating reverses the symptoms what you have is some sort of energy body issue. I suggest you find some sort of clairvoyant to give you an energy body reading (Aunt Clair gives those in her forum River of Enlightenment) and maybe she can give you some sort of clue as to what's going on.
For now, I would use water energy on the hot side and fire energy on the cool side to see if you can achieve some sort of balance, and also alternate nostril breathing may help to balance you out.

Neya
12th January 2011, 12:03 AM
Hi, thanks so much for replying!

I tried the nostril breathing by closing my left (Ida) nostril, but its difficult to say whether or not its helping. I can usually see the effects of meditation in 1-2 minutes on my right cheek (the redness usually disappears), but it then appears on the left one and so it is obviously related to meditation. I am predominantly breathing through my left nostril right now, which I think should be affecting my right cheek - which it most of the day might be, but I don't understand why a short 1-2 minute breathing with the right nostril (pingala) doesn't work so quickly. Doesn't this kind of point to some huge unbalance? Ay, yikes!

Are you sure its safe to use water on the fire side? Won't that mess up the channels a bit?

- I'll check Aunt Clair's forum, since Im getting desperate with this problem. I've been having so much heat in my head for many months now but in the past few months its been showing on my face and cheeks. Its not enjoyable to have your face on fire half of the time. :(

CFTraveler
12th January 2011, 12:11 AM
Are you sure its safe to use water on the fire side? Won't that mess up the channels a bit? No, I've done it for a while (I have too much hot on my right side and too much cold on my left side all the time, so severe that my husband is sometimes amazed at the difference) and it neutralizes it nicely- but it doesn't last.
The thing is that sometimes it's natural for this to happen, but too much is too much, you know? But yes, I recommend the reading, and it's free.

Neya
12th January 2011, 12:14 AM
Alright, I'll try your technique out! Let's see if it helps...

I'll come and update on whether or not it works, just so that if anyone in the future has a similar problem - they'll know what to do.

Neya
13th January 2011, 06:00 PM
Ok, I tried your technique, fire on the right side (luna), water on the left (sun) - and whether or not I even did it right, the redness from the right side did not move onto the left side, which it has done often when meditating. Now what tends to happen is that it moves into my nose and my nose gets red. These are obvious energy blockages of some sort that are showing directly on my face...Anyways, I'll keep doing your technique and hopefully this sort of thing won't happen again.

Does anyone else here have any techniques on how to remove heat from the head?
I've tried pushing it energetically out of my head, but it doesn't work at all!
There's a lot of concentrated energy there and its really giving me a hard time.

CFTraveler
13th January 2011, 06:02 PM
Have you tried redirecting it to your feet? The tootsies always benefit from heat.

Neya
13th January 2011, 06:29 PM
Have you tried redirecting it to your feet? The tootsies always benefit from heat.

My feet get really hot when Im walking around, but then when I go to bed they are completely cold...Can't win! :x
But I'll try this method, just to see if it works. Any other methods to remove heat from the head?
I know having heat in the head is something that meditators often counter,
but I find very little information out there on how to remove it from the head once it gets stuck there!