PDA

View Full Version : Beliefs and their effect on your reality

Jambu
12th January 2011, 04:01 AM
We often see that the world is a static thing and then look for a way to interpret this experience, often as prescribed by those who have gone before us. Imagine, for a second, that it is your view that defines your experience of the world!

Rather than try to find a way to interpret the world, I would focus on what you want to experience, then shape your philosphy to suite those visions! It's up to you, it's your show, so to speak, what do you want to create?

There is one law that is becoming more and more evident to me as I go along this path and that is that the Universe operates from a place of "As you wish". Your beliefs are manifested every day, all around you, all the time. You're consciousness creates your reality; change your consciousness, change your reality. All you have to do is look around you to see what you really believe about yourself and the world.

Now I know this is not a popular stand, it really grates against all we are taught regarding the victim mentality and that all divinity exists externally. It's my truth though, it's a perspective that is becoming more and more clear to me.

Good luck to you! At the end of the day, it's all you. Own it and do something amazing with it!

ButterflyWoman
12th January 2011, 05:24 AM
We often see that the world is a static thing and then look for a way to interpret this experience, often as prescribed by those who have gone before us. Imagine, for a second, that it is your view that defines your experience of the world!

Rather than try to find a way to interpret the world, I would focus on what you want to experience, then shape your philosphy to suite those visions! It's up to you, it's your show, so to speak, what do you want to create?
Oh, yes, YES! This. This, exactly.

I know this is not a popular stand, it really grates against all we are taught regarding the victim mentality and that all divinity exists externally.
Yes. This, too.

I struggled with victim mentality for quite some time. First, I lived it (and I experienced it directly). Then I slowly became aware of it, through the reflections of others mirroring it to me. Then I was able to own it and from there, overcome it. It's well worth the effort.

Jambu
12th January 2011, 08:29 AM
:D

Good stuff! Gosh isn't it so encouraging to find another who can relate to your experience? Sounds like we have a lot in common!
Yes, the victim identity... Boy howdy is that one a doozy.

It's founded on quite a tangled knot of negative beliefs. I found that some of the beliefs that drove my victim consciousness were driven, in part, by a subconscious belief that I had to self-punish, which is sometimes based on negative beliefs about self-worth, the good ol' shame and blame game. Most of these beliefs rest in the subconscious and so most people aren't consciously aware they even have these beliefs. It is as you say though, others do reflect back to us our subconscious beliefs and so knowing that, we can use that as a tool to learn who we have become and what we believe, deep down. It takes courage to face that mirror though and we will see things we maybe don't want to see or have a hard time facing. The mirror isn't always obvious though and can take some time to discern what is being reflected back. For me, this works well because it empowers me to own my creation. I love this saying "If I have everything I want, why do I want what I have?" If you think about that, it's very wise!

A good example of a wrong conclusion or negative belief based on a misunderstanding is this story. My friend who does work in the subconscious had a female client who had troubles with trusting men. In all her relationships, this issue came up over and over again. She did some work and found that way back when she was a tiny child, she was very ill with a fever. Her father, in trying to lower her fever, plunged her into a bath of ice water. She was so little, she did not understand that this shocking and scary act was an act of love. Deep down, the belief was formed that her father tried to kill her! No wonder she wouldn't trust men. Very curious how these things can work. This trust issue can also twist and turn into a self trust issue because when we are faced with the scenario where we perceive our lives are threatened, we come to believe we cannot 'protect' ourselves, which is in itself a whole 'nuther can of worms. Couple this with forgetting our true nature, our true selves, we soon find ourselves thrust into the very weak position of powerlessness seeking control.

The reason I am coming to see this as my reality is that I did some work to identify and defuse a few of these beliefs and it was stunning how things changed, overnight, suddenly people had completely changed! I realized then that it wasn't them who changed, it was me. I changed my consciousness and so was able to change my reality. I would not believe it if I had not experienced this first hand.

The Universe really is about abundance. We just forgot how powerful we are at manifesting everything we are experiencing. We have been wounded by separation from source, wars, persecution, abandonment, etc. and after having fallen asleep, it's become near impossible to see the negative beliefs formed from these perceived wounds. We have been living in a deep slumber, far from the reality of who we really are.

The victim cycle is not an uncommon experience here on Earth (or elsewhere, for that matter). Seems a lot of people are processing this issue here. The folks who are processing through this consciousness seem to fall into either a victim or victimizer role, these two consciousnesses seem attract and gravitate toward the other. If one zooms out and looks at our society, as a whole, it tells this story over and over again throughout history. It was true back in the days of Moses and it remains true today. I think of it as an experience in polarity. Even our tales and fables of ET involvement incorporate this idea. (sometimes they are the victimizers, sometimes they are the saviors saving us because we are victims who need saving - either way, it's about the victim, vicimizer and rescuer).

After much pondering, I have come to the idea that for me, the trick is to integrate these polarities and find a common, balanced vibration. This integration is not a fusion, but something else which I have not yet quite worked out. :?

Anywho...............Very nice to meet you Cat, I look forward to more discussion with you!

(Man.... Hope all this doesn't sound too whacky, lol I jumped around a bit so this may have cohesion issues. I need to get to bed.)

ButterflyWoman
12th January 2011, 10:44 AM
I changed my consciousness and so was able to change my reality.
Yes, that's also my experience. Change your mind, change your reality. :)

Finding the underlying belief that leads to specific manifestations can be tricky, though, I find. I still don't know why I manifest issues with my weight. I don't know what I gain from it (other than kilograms, hah) or how it serves me. I keep asking my subconscious and my body, but nobody's fessing up yet. I rather suspect it'll be something silly (like the various bodily injuries, some of them very serious, that I used to manifest in order to get a legitimate way to opt out of certain things I just didn't want to do :roll:).

If anyone has any hints on ways to find/own/release those things, I'm happy to hear. I have a couple of techniques, but they're hit-or-miss, I'm sorry to say.

farewell2arms
12th January 2011, 11:42 AM
It's founded on quite a tangled knot of negative beliefs. I found that some of the beliefs that drove my victim consciousness were driven, in part, by a subconscious belief that I had to self-punish, which is sometimes based on negative beliefs about self-worth, the good ol' shame and blame game.

Yes! I'm currently in this victim mentality, and becoming more and more aware of it. Mostly it's about not being good enough, not working hard enough towards self-realisation, and not deserving it. This loop tends to feed itself, which is problematic.

A more specific expression of this is me judging myself for not being able to silence my own mind, resulting in an even noisier mind, as the effort to try and silence the mind is the distortion itself. LOL.

This understanding is still frustrating, because I can't seem to do anything about it at all. I can't do listening to silence. I can't do being childlike. I very much long for kundalini to lift me out. I suppose thats distortion as well, lol.

After much pondering, I have come to the idea that for me, the trick is to integrate these polarities and find a common, balanced vibration. This integration is not a fusion, but something else which I have not yet quite worked out. :?

I would very much like any tips on how to do this. I suppose I've missed some of the basics or something here... :?

Be well,

John

Korpo
12th January 2011, 01:29 PM
Hello, John.

This understanding is still frustrating, because I can't seem to do anything about it at all. I can't do listening to silence. I can't do being childlike. I very much long for kundalini to lift me out. I suppose thats distortion as well, lol.

Different people benefit from different approaches. You're probably more like me in these things, so some things that might help you:

You don't have to try to be child-like. To me that would feel articifical. What I do instead is exploring sometimes chosing differently than my conditioning would have me do, and see if I fare different. Very often I closed off a course of action to myself because I had made it seem inacceptable, dangerous, harmful, etc. in my mind. However, I found that sometimes one can step out of such conditioning and follow one's impulses and the world won't come crashing down.

This is one of the methods whereby conditioning is broken down in a step-by-step way that is feasible and doable, and it will eventually "lead there." What frustrates you is trying to do all in one step, which usually cannot be done. Find the steps towards your goal and do them. When you feel frustration it can very often denote you are skipping necessary steps in a process.

Similarly there are people who don't benefit from usual suggestions for meditation. They tense up when they actually should relax, because they try to "do meditation." Meditation, however, is linked to relaxation. When you are tense, you can't have a still mind. The energetic forces at friction within your mind will keep on creating thoughts. The antidote is relaxation and the tool could be directing attention.

If you go into nature and simply try to pay attention, take it in, your mind would probably settle more than if you actively tried to settle the mind directly. I was given a simple exercise that can help: Chose a path you walk every day. Observe five new things every time you walk it. I was surprised at how much detail and information we can perceive, store and recall, and how much more attentive one can be.

Each person struggles in different areas of development. Some may have accumulated a tendency to overthink, to compulsively think, or similar problems. Those people have a harder time at certain exercises, and have problems with exercises that might prove helpful for others. You will have to keep on exploring on what works for you.

Cheers,
Oliver

heliac
12th January 2011, 02:15 PM
I can't do being childlike. I very much long for kundalini to lift me out. I suppose thats distortion as well, lol.

Being childlike. It's tough, we forget what it is like. As i understand it, being childlike is not a regression. It is remembering what it is like to be soft, open, original, wondrous, beaming.It also reminds us of a time when we had less psychological baggage and imposed psychological boundaries.Pure expression and experience in the present.

One thing that can help jar what it felt like to be childlike is by looking at pictures. As you look at pictures see if you can tap into moments in time where you can capture part of that original you.

Here are some pics i've found:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/salvatorefalcone/754783601/
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/8004166.stm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/coolephotography/2480071526/in/gallery-toria_77-72157622264688351/
http://funalso.com/funmail/smile-baby.php

As you look at these you may feel yourself naturally almost magnetically drawn back to that original childlike feeling in yourself.

Neil Templar
12th January 2011, 03:22 PM
or simply remember doing fun things as a child. for example, i try to visualise every day, for 5 mins, myself as a child, playing on the swings, or riding my bike...things that involve movement, excitement. re-live those moments, and remember what it feels like to be thrilled by the simplest actions.. :D

incidentally, Kryon teaches the same visualisation as a means to slow down the ageing process. by living in those moments, we are telling our cells that we are actually that youthful and healthy. cells react to consciousness. tell them they're young and healthy :wink:

CFTraveler
12th January 2011, 04:18 PM
Homework for y'all: "chemicalization". It's an old concept in New Thought philosophy, but I feel it very much applies.

Cheers.

Jambu
12th January 2011, 04:40 PM
or simply remember doing fun things as a child. for example, i try to visualise every day, for 5 mins, myself as a child, playing on the swings, or riding my bike...things that involve movement, excitement. re-live those moments, and remember what it feels like to be thrilled by the simplest actions.. :D

That's a great idea! For me, I prefer to go even further back, beyond childhood (not a fab childhood! chose/attracted/created a sitation that was no fun at all, lol), I try to recall who I am without my overcoat of survival mechanisms and wrong conclusions, who I am am at heart, to connect with my soul.

It's all about heart for me. I get too invested in my head and need to remember to drop down into heart. When I do that, I can more easily connect with Joy. That Joy, I think, is the essence of what we are talking about or referring to as child-like.

incidentally, Kryon teaches the same visualisation as a means to slow down the ageing process. by living in those moments, we are telling our cells that we are actually that youthful and healthy. cells react to consciousness. tell them they're young and healthy :wink:

Love Kryon! I really relate to the few things I have seen on this - I watched the layer 9 DNA activation video on youtube, amazing stuff!

Jambu
12th January 2011, 04:54 PM
Homework for y'all: "chemicalization". It's an old concept in New Thought philosophy, but I feel it very much applies.

Cheers.

Thank you for that! Yes, yes, yes... Man oh man this part can be tough! The week between Christmas and New Years was amazing, a ton of info/light flooding in, then after? Gunk-city. I felt bogged down and out of it for a week as I processed a good chunk of stuff that needed to be released.

Afterwards there is a more solid foundation in these 'new ideas', new ways of thinking. For example, I just learned what it means to be grateful, truly grateful and humble, to be given an opportunity to serve another - to be an aspect of God loving itself, loving another being. It's hard to put into words, somehow they seem to diminish the experience. It was an amazing shift in consciousness which shook me to my foundation. Now it seems learning to love unconditionally, myself and others is on tap. This lesson in love, this activation of heart, is incredible and is what I have been looking for my entire life.

During the process of learning these ideas, not just knowing them intellectually, but feeling your heart radiate these concepts and fill your entire being with them, does initiate some self clearing, lol. Those times can be tough because once again we become engulfed in our old thinking, our fear, our sense of separation. Now I understand better what the heck was happening and will try to shift into observer mode next time.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Metaphysical- ... &id=826741 (http://ezinearticles.com/?Metaphysical-Chemicalization---The-Fizz-Of-Spiritual-Growth&id=826741)

"When we go through a chemicalization experience it is sign of growth, not stagnation or backsliding. It means that the old stuff which has kept us unaware of who we really are and what we can really do is undergoing a revolutionary change. It means we are rising to a higher octave in consciousness.

Once we take a few Spiritual Sodium Bi-Carbs (chemicalization experiences) we feel the sizzle of enthusiasm, the swish of expectancy, and the fizz of a deep transformational lift which tell us we have been changed at depth."

Jambu
12th January 2011, 06:46 PM
Here is an interesting recorded livestream meditation that occurred last last night - 1/11/11.

What this guy has to say resonates with me, it may not be for everyone though.

Just thought I would share because it has to do with manifesting our reality in 2011.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11963667

farewell2arms
14th January 2011, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the tips, everyone. The issue is no longer.

Be well,

John

natalie-1984
15th January 2011, 05:48 AM
wow that is so weird that I found this post today, I was just thinking about the victim/victimizer situation as well! I am trying to figure out how to change my thinking. I have made progress though.

I told you all about my crazy ex husband that calls me names? The other day he took our daughters from me when it wasn't his day for visitation, I called him on his cellphone and told him to bring them back or else I would call the cops, then he threatened to beat me up. So I went ahead and called them. So from now on we are exchanging the girls at the police station and also at mcdonalds (when the police station is closed). He still tries to confront me though but I just ignore him and pretend he didn't say anything. I feel a lot better doing this! It feels like I haven't expended any energy trying to defend myself, and it feels like I am taking my power back. I am very sensitive to peoples' vibes and energy, I would always feel completely drained and grumpy after seeing him....but now I feel better! I still feel his hatefull energy, but it doesn't suck my energy away! Oh I did manage to get him on camera cussing me out infront of the girls. So if I turn up missing or murdered you guys will have a good idea of who did it. (half joking)

CFT, I think I have figured out why I feel the need to carry around extra pounds. For me it is quite simple really, I don't get hit on and it feels great! I can just focus on being a mom and not have to worry about guys staring at me or women hating me. I used to be a tiny thing before I had my girls, and a major downside was I was always catcalled and teased. I would be going out for a jog and some a hole would bark at me and I would just want to go home and take a shower (which I do anyways after a run). And at family gatherings my family would constantly talk about my weight, it was annoying. At first when I became skinny I was flattered to be called skinny...but then it got old fast.

I keep trying to tell myself that staying this way wont solve problems, just like being skinny doesn't fix problems either. Like you said I have to get my mind right first. I have to believe that I am a strong person with so much more to love than the size of my @ss!

Sorry for the rambling, it's late!

natalie

Korpo
17th January 2011, 03:29 PM
Hello, natalie-1984.

Police and the law can at times be very useful when you have to draw a line with bullies. Lawyers and policemen can provide a vital buffer towards bullies and aggressive people, as can for example a restraining order.

Using these mechanisms for your own protection is making good use of ways to properly protect yourself, which is part of self love and self care. That's why you got your energy back. By putting these legitimate buffers in you have demonstrated to yourself how much you value yourself and therefore take care of yourself properly.

Cheers,
Oliver

ButterflyWoman
18th January 2011, 04:10 AM
I just wanted to share something on the topic of beliefs and reality.

I had a rather startling epiphany regarding my beliefs about food and love, and desire and frustration, and a bunch of other things that are nearly impossible to articulate. I haven't yet seen direct change manifested as a result, but this was so big and so deep that I think it's only a matter of time.

Without going into very great details, I will say that this pattern was set up when I was pre-verbal, long before I was able to use anything like logic or reason to work things out. In a nutshell, my mother was not very receptive to me. I would cry in need and she would ignore me, at least some of the time. I know as an adult that this is because she had ideas about "schedules" and the notion that a baby was somehow capable of manipulating adults in unhealthy ways.

I got the idea that my needs/desires were not likely to be satisfied easily or quickly, and frequently involved a lot of emotional upheaval, crying, and frustration. This pattern has repeated itself in my life continually.

Related to the above was the idea that food/sustenance = comfort/love. When I reflect on when I started to really get chubby, I see that it was around the time that I was able to get food for myself (around age six). I started to overeat in a sort of primitive feast/famine pattern, always expecting that soon I'd be unable to have my hunger satisfied, but at least I'd survive if I stockpiled the energy (i.e., fat) when available.

And I've been piling it on ever since. Granted, my weight remained pretty stable (at "very curvy, but not enormous") for a long time, and when I had my first child I put on a lot more weight and kept it. I think this is another example of fearing for survival (food = love; if my husband stopped loving me, I'd be without food, etc. but remember this was all very, very deeply subconscious and was generated by an infantile mind so it doesn't make a lot of sense in adult terms). My weight HAS been very stable for years now, albeit quite a bit higher than it ought to be for optimum health.

Seeing this and actually understanding it is causing all kinds of inner shifting and changes in perception. It's so very deep and so very subtle that it's really difficult to articulate at all, and it makes no sense in logical/reasonable terms, but I can see it and I know it's the heart of a LOT of patterns that have gone on in my life.

I'm pretty sure that money is entangled in this, as well. Money is equivalent to freedom, to satisfaction of desire, and so forth, so I expect it's in there, too, though the concept of money was formed much later than the concept of food, of course.

Anyway, there it is. I felt like sharing it just as an example of how deep and how subtle these things can be. Generally, I think I'd say that if a pattern is lifelong, it goes back to very early in the story that is your life. So far, this is the deepest and most profound knot of beliefs I've found. It was the root of my victim mentality, of my habit of setting myself up in situations where I was frustrated and angry prior to experiencing the relief and pleasure of achieving my desire, of overeating to compensate for lack of love/care, and probably my issues with money, etc. etc. etc.

natalie-1984
18th January 2011, 04:44 AM
Wow, that is pretty deep! That's so cool that you could dig deep like that and find the source of the problem! I think my weight issues came from my mother's lack of attention towards me. But food never ignored me or yelled at me. My mom has weight issues herself and I tell her that you have to change the way you think first if you want to lose weight for good. She says there is nothing wrong with her thinking, and then she goes on another crazy diet and gets sick. Stubborn old lady!

Thank you CPW for your lightbulb moment, it is causing me to have one as well!

peace!

nat

ButterflyWoman
18th January 2011, 07:00 AM
That's so cool that you could dig deep like that and find the source of the problem!
Honestly, it presented itself. I work on very deep, subtle levels these days because I've already done all the other levels. Went through all the teenagey anger stuff years ago, then on to the childhood stuff, then early childhood. It just went progressively, like the layers in deposited rocks that geologists work with. Now I'm way down in an area that is so subtle it's actually pre-verbal (but very emotional), and that makes it hard to understand from an adult perspective. The only way I'm able to do it is a combination of intuition and lots of practice. ;)

Thank you CPW for your lightbulb moment, it is causing me to have one as well!
Cool. I knew there was a reason to post that. :)

BTW, I know what you mean about food never yelling at you or complaining about how inferior you are or whatever. I'll share the chorus of a song with you ("The Chocolate Song" by Zeke Hoskins):

I love chocolate, I love you
I hope you'll never prove untrue
But I'll have chocolate if you do
I can count on chocolate

That pretty much sums it up. ;)

farewell2arms
20th January 2011, 02:40 PM

There is one law that is becoming more and more evident to me as I go along this path and that is that the Universe operates from a place of "As you wish". Your beliefs are manifested every day, all around you, all the time. You're consciousness creates your reality; change your consciousness, change your reality. All you have to do is look around you to see what you really believe about yourself and the world.

Now I know this is not a popular stand, it really grates against all we are taught regarding the victim mentality and that all divinity exists externally. It's my truth though, it's a perspective that is becoming more and more clear to me.

Good luck to you! At the end of the day, it's all you. Own it and do something amazing with it!

More and more, I begin to understand what you mean. It's a very beautiful thing.

Unconscious beliefs can be said to be future lessons to bring about the understanding of having had these possibilities all along. This might sound obvious, but I haven't understood it until now. It's all about trusting that you are where you need to be, right?

There are no missing pieces in the world. Everything has it's spot. When all the pieces fall right into place I am no longer amiss myself.

ButterflyWoman
1st February 2011, 03:41 PM
Topic was split. If you want to pursue the discussion on ego-destruction, it's here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23150 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23150)