PDA

View Full Version : Best chair position for obe?

magic
14th January 2011, 12:33 PM
2 days ago I almost projected from bed on my back, last night I tried to do the same from my office chair but I only came as far as a light trance.
I felt a little tense in my neck even though my chair has neck support, the relaxation I did before also caused my back to go from straight to not so straight.

I heard Robert recommending a chair with NO neck support, can this really work?, it feels like that would make it even tenser and you constantly have to adjust your head not to fall back or lean forward.
And should your back be absolutely straight?

Are there any pictures of optimal sitting position for obes, or if you have some good tips and advice?

/Magic

CFTraveler
14th January 2011, 02:42 PM
The best position for OBE is one in which you are comfortable to go into trance, but not so comfortable as to allow you to fall asleep. When Robert recommends the office chair, he is talking about personal preference- it's what works for him, so it's what he recommends.
I prefer a recliner, because an office chair would be too uncomfortable, and the bed (for me) is out of the question, because to me the bed is for sleeping and sex, and that's it. I don't even like to watch TV in bed.
So, there is no 'perfect' position to OBE, each person is different.
I would recommend the recliner, because if an office chair with neck support is still too uncomfortable, then you need to move a little towards more comfort, not less.

heliac
14th January 2011, 03:36 PM
I like the poang and boliden from ikea.not too expensive too
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/10696-2?identifier=16239&pageNumber=0

magic
14th January 2011, 05:28 PM
Ok, I see.

The problem is just I need to use the chair in my bedroom/computer room.
But I don´t have enough space for 2 chairs, computer chair and recliner, maybe there is something in between I can use for both, perhaps a visit to ikea is in order :)
The chair you linked to looks good but I doubt I can use it in front of the computer...

/Magic

Sinera
14th January 2011, 07:08 PM
I would recommend the recliner, because if an office chair with neck support is still too uncomfortable, then you need to move a little towards more comfort, not less.
My question to you would be how you use the recliner then, since it is - as opposed to a normal armchair - customizable and adjustable: do you use a more lying or more sitting posture or in-between?
I ask because I have a recliner, too. I only use it for energy work sometimes. Unfortunately, I still cannot project by trance induction from waking state - neither sitting in chairs nor by lying in bed (vibrations in hypnopomp state or lucid dream conversion are my only exit methods available to me - so far, thus in both cases I "come from sleep").
However, I still would like to try 'classical' projection from my recliner, but so far did not succeed. So is it better to be sitting with your feet grounded (possibly better for energy work?), or to push yourself back into a more vertical 'reclined' position? And do you use any neck support or keep your head free?

CFTraveler
14th January 2011, 07:21 PM
I use it as reclined as possible. It sort of feels like I'm at a 45 degree angle, but I think it's closer to thirty-five. Of course my head is supported, I don't know any recliner that doesn't support the head, but of course, there are all kinds of style possibilities.
I would also recommend you do it early in the morning, about two hours before wakeup time, if possible.

Sinera
14th January 2011, 08:44 PM
I don't know any recliner that doesn't support the head, but of course, there are all kinds of style possibilities.
mine doesn't :cry:

CFTraveler
14th January 2011, 09:56 PM
I don't know any recliner that doesn't support the head, but of course, there are all kinds of style possibilities.
mine doesn't :cry: That boggles my mind. Does it not support it because there's nothing behind your head, or is it just tall with nothing to stabilize your head?

Sinera
14th January 2011, 11:12 PM
mine doesn't :cry: That boggles my mind. Does it not support it because there's nothing behind your head, or is it just tall with nothing to stabilize your head?
no head support, or I would have to bend back unnaturally too much to reach it, but I can try to put a big pillow on top (and leaned a bit to the wall), maybe it works

magic
15th January 2011, 07:02 AM
Is there any relation to the clarity of obe on can achieve and discomfort of body (but still comfortable enough for body asleep), are there expert obe persons here who uses the bed and has very conscioes obes despite this setting?
I´m thinking a person who projects from bed and stays out longer out in rtz should have more difficulty staying awake instead of a person projecting from a chair, since deep sleep there is not really a factor.
Is there a time limit in rtz you should not cross?, of course this varies with experience but I´m thinking seasoned projectors.

/Magic

CFTraveler
15th January 2011, 05:42 PM
Is there any relation to the clarity of obe on can achieve and discomfort of body (but still comfortable enough for body asleep), are there expert obe persons here who uses the bed and has very conscioes obes despite this setting? This is not something I've qualified, but going back in memory, I don't think it's a problem of clarity as much as the type of projection you get. I tend to bilocate when my body is very uncomfortable.

Is there a time limit in rtz you should not cross?, of course this varies with experience but I´m thinking seasoned projectors.

/Magic For me, staying out more than an hour and having multiple reentries causes problems in energy. I've done it as long as two hours and it's been practically coma-inducing. Luckily, I've had someone in the house to help wake me up).

magic
29th January 2011, 07:48 PM
I´m thinking of having a chair such as this, what do you think?
http://www.ikea.com/se/sv/catalog/products/S09871348

The best would be a adjustable recliner that covers the feet to but that seems hard to find...

/Magic

heliac
29th January 2011, 08:25 PM
That's a great one, love it. Cats love it too though, they will try to make it their little nest. If you sit in it they get upset and will sit next to you and stare at you until you get up. :P Need to get up to take a bathroom break? Boom, when you get back, you'll have a little furry chair thief taking your place. :D If you have a cat and don't mind sharing, go for it.

magic
1st February 2011, 11:35 AM
Hi, ok, good to know If I get a cat :) , but I think the chair is a little to expensive and big for my room.

Did you have the poang or Boliden chairs, have you projected from these. I´m thinking of buying one of these but I don´t want to waste money if projection is hard in these.
Any other experienced projectors here using similar chairs with success?, I´m going back and forth between my bed and office chair (with pillows for more comfort) and I don´t know what to choose, guess I´m a little worried that
I won´t be able to project from a chair, but perhaps it just takes more practice...

/Magic