PDA

View Full Version : Experience and Follow-up Questions

Smythe
20th January 2011, 02:50 PM
All,

I wanted to share a quick experience from last night and see if anyone can relate / help me with a question or two.

I burst through a lucid dream into sleep paralysis and vibes. I tried to visit someone, felt something happen, but ultimately could not. I then left my body, jumped over my loft and went through my window. Once outside (the layout of my yard was the same, but trees where they shouldn't be, subtle things missing) and tried to work on flying, which i've never been able to do consistently. Right away i could float to the top of trees, but more of just a prolonged jump and float, but could not fly. Also, it seemed like as the experience went on, it became more and more like the physical, couldn't fly or go through walls. Eventually it was so real, i had to force reconnection to prove it was still an OBE.

I have two questions: Why is it so difficult for me to fly? In Lucid dreams i can fly relatively easily, but OBEs i struggle. Secondly, why do you think i became more and more physical as the experience went on? I've heard and sometimes experienced shifting in to the astral after being out a few minutes, whereas this seemed like i was going backwards... lots of energy right away, and fading as time went by.

Thanks for any and all responses! Take Care,
Smythe

CFTraveler
20th January 2011, 03:11 PM
It's possible that it's because of the time when it happened- that is, you OBE'd after coming back from a dream, making it towards the last part of your cycle, in which it is natural to wake up.
Let's see if I can express this a little clearer: (it's morning and I have a cold, didn't sleep well, so forgive me if my articulations are strange)
You go through a sleep cycle, from light to deep, then to lighter, then there is a fleeting moment of lucidity and you wake up.
If you have a np experience as you go into trance, you are doing it in the period where you are progressing towards deep sleep. So your brain tends to stay asleep, and if you can maintain your lucidity and wake up, the integrity of the experience remains with you, you have your experience, wake up, record, and go to sleep. (If you don't record you may forget it).
If you have your cycle, and then naturally become lucid, and then have the OBE at the moment when you are waking up, your body wants to wake up and you will have to use your force of will to stay in the experience. It'll be harder to stay in, but easier to remember.

Option three (my favorite). Go through almost the whole sleep cycle. Get up. Then go back in, achieve trance quickly, maintain a level of lucidity and then wake up, at the normal time.
The main difference between option two and option three is that you woke up completely (or almost completely), walked around, and then started over. Because you were sleep-shorted you will go into trance quicker and go into rem quicker, and have a more lucid experience, and possibly more visual also.

Also please realize that dream elements in RTZ experiences don't mean there is a loss of integrity in the environment- it just may be astral elements indicating that you should move along to the astral plane, instead of staying in the etheric plane.

Smythe
20th January 2011, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the reply CFT,

I understand what you're saying about the sleep cycles, and it would make sense to me that this is the case. Most of my 'natural' OBEs come around this time, and that could explain why i haven't been able to achieve some of the results.

I have a followup question on my inability to fly. The fact that i was getting less and less energized, down to the point were i could only walk, indicated to me that my experience was less than ideal and i opted to reconnect. I really don't know much beyond the etheric or RTZ, is it normal to feel this way before going into the astral? Do you request to be brought into the astral or does it happen naturally? Lastly, how do you know you've achieved a shift?

Hopefully you were able to get some coffee in you before my barrage of questions...

Smythe

CFTraveler
20th January 2011, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the reply CFT,

I have a followup question on my inability to fly. The fact that i was getting less and less energized, down to the point were i could only walk, indicated to me that my experience was less than ideal and i opted to reconnect. I really don't know much beyond the etheric or RTZ, is it normal to feel this way before going into the astral? No, I don't think so. I think that your body was waking up and your body sensations (gravity, etc.) were overlapping your experience. Hence, the inability to fly. I believe you would have shifted either into your dream body, lost lucidity or complete awakening.

Do you request to be brought into the astral or does it happen naturally? When I want to go astral, I either fly with a great speed, or look for anomalies in the RTZ, such as doors or windows that don't belong, or energy vortexes. I only request assistance when I have a defined goal.

Lastly, how do you know you've achieved a shift? It's hard to describe- I'm flying fast, all of a sudden I'm somewhere else. Or I end up in a starfield, pick a star and fly to it, instant astral environment. There's other ways, but that's how I do it.

Hopefully you were able to get some coffee in you before my barrage of questions... Not really. I have to make more. Or take a nap.

:D

greytraveller
21st January 2011, 06:20 PM
Greetings.
Smythe
A lack of energy could be the reason that you felt more physical towards the end of your OBE and were unable to fly. I notice in my own OBEs that whenever I begin to feel lethargic or tired then my activities OOB are curtailed and the projection soon ends. So that May be the cause. Unfortunately I am unsure of how to remedy it. Energy is a precious commodity (whether physical or OOB) and I have yet to discover an easy to use energy source in the astral.

Regards 8)
Grey