PDA

View Full Version : Energy used for obe?

magic
25th January 2011, 02:45 PM
I hear you have mentioned that obe (the rtz) uses up a lot of energy.
Does that mean that the actual preparation and generation of the projectable double uses up energy, or the actual time out in rtz, or is it a combination of both?

/magic

CFTraveler
25th January 2011, 03:09 PM
I personally believe that it's the exit that takes the energy- that 'being' out is not energy draining at all.

wstein
26th January 2011, 05:16 AM
An exit is an exit, they should all take about the same amount of energy.

Depending on your destination and method some locations may take more energy for travel. Usually this is not a lot.

Alteration does take energy, The RTZ is more like the physical than the Astral in how much energy is needed to change things. People often describe this as the energy is dense here. Though the RTZ is somewhat fluid (easy to change), it still takes a sizeable fraction of the energy the physical world requires. The Astral panes are very ‘ethereal’ and easily altered with minimal energy.

CFTraveler
26th January 2011, 02:43 PM
An exit is an exit, they should all take about the same amount of energy.

I disagree. Many OBE exit techniques (notably, the rope technique) are forced, and take a lot of mental effort to get through, and heavier 'fireworks' than any other I've tried. More mental energy=more psi energy.

wstein
28th January 2011, 03:52 AM
An exit is an exit, they should all take about the same amount of energy. I disagree. Many OBE exit techniques (notably, the rope technique) are forced, and take a lot of mental effort to get through, and heavier 'fireworks' than any other I've tried. More mental energy=more psi energy. Mmm, correct.

I’ll try to clarify. The energy taken to exit does not change based on where you will go after exit.

heliac
28th January 2011, 04:46 AM
An exit is an exit, they should all take about the same amount of energy. I disagree. Many OBE exit techniques (notably, the rope technique) are forced, and take a lot of mental effort to get through, and heavier 'fireworks' than any other I've tried. More mental energy=more psi energy. Mmm, correct.

I’ll try to clarify. The energy taken to exit does not change based on where you will go after exit.

Possibly, but this doesn't match with my experience. I think it might depend on how you digest the projection technique. Rope just does not digest with me well so it takes a lot of effort, mental energy, to get that to work. When i use the method where you just simply sit up and stand up it takes a lot less enregy, its quite simple with this technique. Also the third eye technique takes less effort.

Also, some planes seem to be easier to stay in once you are out. The 5th plane, which is all blue is easier for me to stay in than the 6th plane which i believe is represented by violet surroundings.I'm not quite ready for the highly charged euphoria that can come with being in the 6th plane, i pretty much "faint" while oobe, from the experience, and then wake up.

CFTraveler
28th January 2011, 02:43 PM
Oiver (and Kurt Leland) would say that you haven't yet 'quite' developed the energy body that matches that plane, so that going 'there' takes you out of the experience.
I personally don't think it has anything to do with energy per se, I think it has to do with the development of the inner senses needed to interact/perceive in that specific plane or focus.

wstein
29th January 2011, 08:41 AM
Possibly, but this doesn't match with my experience. I think it might depend on how you digest the projection technique. Rope just does not digest with me well so it takes a lot of effort, mental energy, to get that to work. When i use the method where you just simply sit up and stand up it takes a lot less enregy, its quite simple with this technique. Also the third eye technique takes less effort.

Also, some planes seem to be easier to stay in once you are out. The 5th plane, which is all blue is easier for me to stay in than the 6th plane which i believe is represented by violet surroundings.I'm not quite ready for the highly charged euphoria that can come with being in the 6th plane, i pretty much "faint" while oobe, from the experience, and then wake up. Sounds like you agree with me actually

1) some exit techniques take more energy than others
2) the amount of energy used to exit is based on the technique not the destination
3) the amount of energy used to travel to the destination after exit changes with destination
4) different destinations require different amounts of energy while there
5) the amount of energy used is different for different people

agree or not?

CFTraveler
29th January 2011, 05:52 PM
I agree.

heliac
29th January 2011, 08:44 PM
1) some exit techniques take more energy than others

Yep more mental energy, mental effort.

2) the amount of energy used to exit is based on the technique not the destination

I guess this could depend on the person, third eye projections seem more streamlined toward astral planes than rtz. It's easier to bypass a rtz projection and go straight to the astral with third eye/mindspace projections.

3) the amount of energy used to travel to the destination after exit changes with destination

Yep, makes sense.

4) different destinations require different amounts of energy while there

I think so

5) the amount of energy used is different for different people

Yep