PDA

View Full Version : Worthless OBE notes

worthmore
26th January 2011, 08:48 PM
Every night in the darkness, as a little boy, before drifting off to dreamland, I would marvel at the kaleidoscope of coloured shapes swirling before my eyes. They would usually move about in groups of the same shape and colour, tiny sparkles twirling and playing in the gray light. With time the strange visions faded, leaving me calcified and dry, a stranger coughing and struggling in the hot desert sands of disillusion.

In the eighties, when my grandpa was one of the first settlers in our town, a great silence permeated the air. So silent. Sitting on the floor of our living room, casting eyes over scattered puzzle pieces, the waving curtains with their circling patterns began to whisper. So easily I would fall into trance, and the whistling sound of silence became deafening. So often I wondered what breath was behind that note, seemingly coming out of nowhere and everywhere simultaneously.

I loved going to our local library after school; books were my escape. And my favourite pasttime was fantasizing, still is, now I'm just more realistic, sadly. Always I have had a fascination with the occult, and when I started reading David Gemmell I became thoroughly intrigued. Especially with the concept of astral projection. Back when one minute of internet cost more than dinner, I used to stay over at my friends place during their weekend internet specials. All through the night I would revel in the delights that was to be found in astralsociety, so much ap, so good. And there I found the most entrancing descriptions of the higher planes, by mr. Bruce. Thoroughly intrigued.

At 15 I started doing NEW and roping ferociously to exit, but I just couldn't do it. I would get the vibrations, my heart would leap out of my chest, but for the life of me, I could not ap.

Life happened, and I ap once again became fantasy.

When I started my postgrad studies, fate smiled upon me, and after some serendipity I once again became entranced. With God. I found the Autobiography of a Yogi, one year ago. I've been initiated, and now practice kriya yoga. Little did I know, at the time, how advanced NEW actually is. In my opinion, I think NEW is actually kriya yoga on steroids. And in my experience too, surprisingly. I've never been able to feel my heart or throat chakras with kriya yoga, but after rediscovering NEW recently, and after a few palpable leg bounces to recharge the vital energy I actually started coughing from the intense pressure of my throat chakra. It also felt my heart chakra without doubt for the first time.

I think if mr. Bruce were to spend a couple of years in a Himalayan cave with only his methods for company, we would soon have a new saint in our midst, if he isn't one already.

I like to subscribe to Sriyukteshwar's model of physical-astral-causal planes of existence, so I do not fully agree with mr. Bruce's segregation of the layers, but that's of little import. One thing I can't quite figure out is if a guru-disciple relationship is truly necessary for complete liberation. In my personal experience the guru has been instrumental in alleviating my egotistical fears, and I suspect that the spiritual momentum of the guru is needed to truly overcome the boundaries of illusion.

Now with mr. Bruce's methods one is able to even raise the Kundalini, which is truly remarkable. But again, I think that the ability to raise the Kundalini does not necessarily mean that you have attained the psycho-spiritual capacity to tolerate it, which is where things become unstable.

Regarding ap, I've had little experience, mostly lucid dreams. The most vivid one I had about a decade ago, I was flying over our neighborhood in the middle of the day, and it was so colourful and bright, everything just popped, a truly memorable flight. A couple of days ago, and the reason I'm writing this, is that I experienced a sort of lucid projection. I was lying down, slumbering off, and I had the distinct experience of vibrations and I was being propelled upward through a circular tunnel of vibration. Half-lucid, I was able to sort of re-initialise the vibrations with renewed vigor, and all the while I was trying to get clear. I was trying to see what I was projecting to, but the iris in front of me remained gray and locked. In a lucid way it was a pretty real experience, and a unique one, for me.

When I just started kriya yoga, and intensely praying to the guru's, I also had a very vivid experience. Earlier the day, I had took a stroll around the block with the mother, and at some point I sat on the bulge of a tree in our yard. Unknowingly I sort of grounded myself to that exact spot. So that night, when I was slumbering off, I had a spontaneous AP. I felt myself lying on my side beneath the tree in the night. And a dog was barking at me, and barking. Suddenly I felt myself lying there and I instantly fell back into my spine.

Here's to awesome experiences of spirit!

CFTraveler
26th January 2011, 10:35 PM
Hi and welcome, worthmore. I really enjoy your writing style.
Here's to awesome experiences of spirit, indeed!

Korpo
27th January 2011, 01:40 PM
Hello, worthmore.

Very interesting post, thank you for sharing.

Cheers,
Oliver

worthmore
2nd February 2011, 12:13 PM
Thank you Korpo and CFTraveler.

Lunchtime. Primary school. Disdain. All the groupies moving to 'their' spots on the playground, ready to engage in the rituals of playing, and socializing, and rumoring. I too, moved to 'my' spot, or spots, however, all alone. Skulking. Hiding. Sulking. Story of the ages, I guess. Perched in the outside corner of the red-brick school building, behind a row of leafy brush, I just started to cry. Wallowing in the harshness of reality, so immovable, so concrete. Where is the magic? Where is the mystery? Where is that joy? That joy that dawns on the struggling farmer when, praying for rain as he plows his land, he unearths a cluster of fist-sized diamonds? As he tries to conceal his find, but the immense joy of realisation just bursts forth uncontrolled?

Lapping around the dining room table, in the evenings, letting my mind wander on the impossible. A frequent fantasy involved the ability to fly, a christmas tree metropole blinking under a starry night sky, and the cutest girl in my class. I would reluctantly reveal my secret powers when I sweep her off her feet and show her the expanses of the crisp heaven. Escape. How I longed for the knowing, that feeling that there is indeed more to this life than just living and dying.

Last night I messaged a shaktipat master on fb (yes, we have reached that point), asking the master if he thinks an Indian journey in search of true gurus is advised. Not soon after, I instantly knew the master had sent a response. I felt it. A wave of happiness. A shakti-blast. The Aum suddenly ringing in my ears, rising above the din of the computer. Checking the inbox, indeed, a prompt reply stating that the Satguru is within.

Riding the bliss I was propelled into a light meditation. I proceeded to investigate the sounds of Aum that so strikingly manifested itself. I pressed my ears closed with my thumbs, and on the corner of my eyes I lightly placed my pinkies (to stabilise my eyes as they focussed on the ajna). Focusing on the audible ringing, I maintained my attention. Slowly beneath the high pitch I heard what I have heard before, the strange sound of a toilet refilling its bowels after being flushed. Or so it seemed. It is a disrupted sound, uneven, broken. Unlike the loud ringing above.

Then, for the first time, I realized. It is not the sound of a refilling toilet, but of an earthy flute!

"The vibratory activities of each center produce a characteristic sound. In meditation the yogi may hear first the hum, as of a bumblebee, emitted by the earth center. The water or sacral center has a flutelike sound; the lumbar center a harplike sound; the air center a bell-like sound; the cervical center emanates a sound as of rushing waters; and at the medulla oblongata the deeply meditating yogi hears the symphony of all sounds together: the oceanic roar of the Cosmic Om."

Finally, some magic seeping through the veils of maya!

manish_gof
18th February 2011, 04:06 PM
Hey worthmore,

Your writings taught some necessary points. Thanks. :) . Can you please refer us the shaktipat master you found on fb ?

Thanks,
Manish

lightgal
18th February 2011, 06:57 PM
Is a Shaktipat master one who helps you to raise your kundalini energy and somehow takes on your karma for you? I am fairly new to that term.

I have experienced the buzzing sound before. I used to live in a wooded area of BC. One day after energy exercises I had an elated experience and I could hear what sounded like bumble bees all around me. Everything looked a little different too - brighter or clearer, something like that.

manish_gof
19th February 2011, 03:49 PM
Is a Shaktipat master one who helps you to raise your kundalini energy and somehow takes on your karma for you? I am fairly new to that term.

I have experienced the buzzing sound before. I used to live in a wooded area of BC. One day after energy exercises I had an elated experience and I could hear what sounded like bumble bees all around me. Everything looked a little different too - brighter or clearer, something like that.

Shaktipath does help you raise kundalini, but I am not sure about karma thing. The experience you had is good. Once after meditation, I could smell sandalwood from nowhere all day long where none other could.

Beekeeper
20th February 2011, 03:52 AM
Welcome, Worthmore. :D

worthmore
14th March 2012, 07:15 PM
Hey worthmore,

Your writings taught some necessary points. Thanks. :) . Can you please refer us the shaktipat master you found on fb ?

Thanks,
Manish

The teacher is an emissary for the late Shri Shri Shri Shivabalayogi, and
traveled extensively in the Indian subcontinent. He is Steven Sadleir.

worthmore
14th March 2012, 07:27 PM
Recently I have begun energy work yet again in all earnestness, and
am experiencing a pronounced whistling in my left ear. This seemed
to start especially after beginning to focus my attention in the medulla
oblongata.

I am doing the energy raising and chakra stimulation routine found
in a Treatise on Astral Projection. I love that work all over again for
its succinctness.

However, I do have problems feeling the sacral and sometimes the
navel and heart chakras. Apparently one should locate them by listening
for sound effects associated with each chakra, but I'm hoping that
unwavering energy work and meditation will clear things up.

I waived the opportunity for more work/money recently, as I realize
that my free time as a student could best be spent solidifying an
appreciation for the search for God.

Putting all my energy and free time in that endeavor will be infinitely
better than waiting for waves of karma to carry me to the shores of an
earth-bound struggle from which my current spiritual ambition could not
survive.

As long as one has the shade of a tree, and water from the river, there
is no need to fear. - Shyamacharan Lahiri Mahasaya.

CFTraveler
14th March 2012, 10:23 PM
However, I do have problems feeling the sacral and sometimes the
navel and heart chakras. Apparently one should locate them by listening
for sound effects associated with each chakra, but I'm hoping that
unwavering energy work and meditation will clear things up. That's the first time I've heard that. I just feel mine when in trance, that's all.

worthmore
16th March 2012, 06:31 PM
That's the first time I've heard that. I just feel mine when in trance, that's all.

Feeling the chakras should be more natural, and that is what I try to do, but
the sound reference was mentioned because I read about it recently:

Even if it might seem now as premature, it is useful to remark that the true
location of the Chakras can happen only in the astral dimension – as they are not
a physical reality. This is achieved when Kriya Pranayama takes, so to say, the
"inward route", and you are listening to the astral sounds emanating from each
Chakra's physical location. As soon as the mind is sufficiently calm (during a
deep and long session of Kriya Pranayama) you will be able to listen to those
astral sounds and locate astrally each Chakra.

worthmore
16th March 2012, 06:48 PM
This morning I had a really good energy raising/chakra stimulation
session, and the root chakra burn was again notable. While I was
stimulating with my tactile imagination I was wondering whether
I might be overdoing it, three sessions a day, where Robert Bruce
only recommends at least once a week.

Afterward, sitting in the paravastha I had that distinct feeling of
soft fingers trying to lift my brain out of my skull, a pleasant feeling.
I had one of those meditations where my mind feels so clear, cuddly
and mellow. I felt really good for many hours afterward, and
contemplated how composed I would have remained were some
struggle to present itself.

I read about how Ennio Nimis achieved the breathless state with
the help of Japa, and started today with the incessant vocal and
mental chanting of Yogananda's "O God, reveal thyself". Six
syllables so ideal for future incorporation into an Om Kriya
routine.

I didn't really experience anything today with regard to Japa, but
Nimis maintains that it is one of the most powerful tools in
the spiritual method arsenal. So I will experiment further.

I do love the example of Theresa of Avila who achieved Samadhi
only through Japa/Prayer. A very powerful example.

The rope technique I also try and practice daily, in fact I
practiced it more than 10 years ago whilst still a teenager.
I found Robert Bruce's work on Astral Society, but I gave
up after hitting what seemed to be a brick wall. I felt what
I thought were vibrations, but I could never push through.

Today I still feel that resistance, but I think my energy work
and meditation will shift my consciousness enough for me
to break through eventually.

CFTraveler
16th March 2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the refrence- I'm going to make a point of trying this the next time I have time for 'real' meditation (you know, when I have time to get in the right mental state).

mental chanting of Yogananda's "O God, reveal thyself". Six
syllables so ideal for future incorporation into an Om Kriya
routine. That is great, and I wonder, if you think it's appropriate, can you share a little more about this? If not, I understand.