PDA

View Full Version : demonic attack

27th January 2011, 01:19 AM
Guys, please don't get upset with this question. I searched and read about this but unfortunately there is not much info about demonic attacks.
I am really interested your experience-if you have any- about demonic attacks during astral projection and how you handle it?
I had 3 OBEs so far and didn't have any trouble but I can't do anymore because of my fears....
I am hoping to learn some tips from your experiences!
Please share your experiences...

Thank you so much in advance...

eyeoneblack
27th January 2011, 02:22 AM
What do you have to be afraid of? You're a Son of God, the highest created Being. Assert your supremacy, push forward; in the end you can't be hurt.

(This is not intended to reflect the opinions of the members of these boards.) :mrgreen:

Korpo
27th January 2011, 10:45 AM
Hello, klabs1976.

You will get a different answer depending on whom you ask. I don't like the term "demon" because it implies a rather powerful negative entity. I prefer the term "negs" as it doesn't assign such a fear-inducing connotation to the phenomenon.

Robert Bruce recommends Core Image Removal to remove weak points within one's energy body that could make you susceptible to being influenced. Kurt Leland recommends basic astral or emotional hygiene to a similar effect. Something that doesn't resonate within you cannot influence you.

If people are well-balanced, emotionally mature and capable of expressing their emotions, the level of emotional hygiene is rather high and the amount of influence they would experience rather minor. A person prone to anger, strong phobias or hatred on the other side would be much more susceptible, also people who have experienced strong emotional traumas, for example. There are other reasons, the list of possible causes is not exhausting, and the human psyche is a wide field, but this holds true for probably the majority of people.

So, instead of being afraid of "demonic attacks" just take good care of your own well-being, have friends, loved ones and work towards your best aspirations. If you ever experience any such thing, investigate what makes you susceptible and work on it.

Cheers,
Oliver

CFTraveler
27th January 2011, 03:22 PM
Guys, please don't get upset with this question. I searched and read about this but unfortunately there is not much info about demonic attacks. Hi Klabs. The reason for the lack of info (except for mostly made up movies) is because there are very few true demonic attacks, if any. You see, 'real' demons are a high-order class of beings, comparable to angelic beings, and we're just not that interesting to them. Most problems (as Oliver already said) are caused by either low-order wildlife (aka 'negative entities' or 'negs', or thoughtforms that are fed lots of emotional energy.
So if it's demons you're afraid of, don't.

I am really interested your experience-if you have any- about demonic attacks during astral projection and how you handle it? I have had many attacks of all kinds, and I mainly took care of them with passive countermeasures (listed in the PSD forum) active countermeasures (prayer and interaction) and introspection- and introspection is the ultimate winner. As E1B stated, when you know you are God manifesting as you, nothing can scare you.

I had 3 OBEs so far and didn't have any trouble but I can't do anymore because of my fears.... Then you have to figure out why anticipatory fears are so important, and where does this fear really come from?

28th January 2011, 01:27 AM
Thank you all for the response...

I have had many attacks of all kinds, and I mainly took care of them with passive countermeasures (listed in the PSD forum) active countermeasures (prayer and interaction) and introspection- and introspection is the ultimate winner. As E1B stated, when you know you are God manifesting as you, nothing can scare you.

CF, see this is what I don't understand. I heard many people having demonic attacks sooner or later. Almost all of astral travellers will face it. How can you be so calm about it. You are talking like you saw a fly. Even the idea of seeing a demon in my room enough to freak me out. Maybe its your personality, I don't know. But I really want to become like you and do not care about it...

And my second question,

You see, 'real' demons are a high-order class of beings, comparable to angelic beings, and we're just not that interesting to them. Most problems (as Oliver already said) are caused by either low-order wildlife (aka 'negative entities' or 'negs', or thoughtforms that are fed lots of emotional energy.

what if I face with a really powerful demon! It can happen obviously, then what? What are the consequences of it? I mean this is a serious business and how can you possibly take the risk???

CFTraveler
28th January 2011, 01:48 AM
Almost all of astral travellers will face it. No they won't.
I don't think most projectors meet and are attacked by demons at all.
Most 'demon' attacks are created by low-order negs that project a more fearsome appearance because that's what they feed on- fear. It is a bad idea to assume that something in the astral is scary, because it will take the appearance of something scary from your mind (seen any scary movies lately?) and present it to you. If you use your sense (some authors call it 'vibrational sense', others call it 'gut feeling') and confront the entity, you may be surprised to see it go back to what it really is- a low order energy feeder- which is what most of the wildlife is.
The thing is that our minds are so polluted by scary movies and lore that we also project our fears on the environment (which is energy-sensitive) and create thought forms and then feed them energy, and eventually they don't need us anymore to exist.
If you do your research, you will find that a great number of projectors make the assumption that their attackers are demons and after some experience find out they were nothing of the sort- sometimes negs, and sometimes they are simply self-aspects running simulations designed to make them get over their fears. Of this I have a lot of experience, because I've 'been there, done that'.
One thing to realize is that the only damage an entity can do to you is emotional/mental- and that is a big deal sometimes- but the damage is either because there is an underlying mental issue, or a belief system that preaches fear and evil- and if you fear it, more than likely you will experience it in one way or the other.
If a real demon were to attack any of us, I can assure you that neither of us would be here to be writing about it. Like I said before, they are another class of being, nothing to do with us, unless you're some sort of 'almost avatar' person who is almost done evolving- and that is a whole different scenario.

It sounds to me like you are filled with fear and have a belief system that doesn't support exploration- because even though you have successfully projected with no problems are still insisting that 'it's going to happen'- it seems to me that perhaps this is not for you- because you are setting yourself up for an unpleasant experience.
And one of the things that happens is that your higher self will test you to see if you can handle it.
---

28th January 2011, 02:02 AM
CF,

I read a lot of stories where these low energy beings (as you call it) choke people, rape them, beat them etc. Do you know anyone personally that this has happened to?

So you are saying, these things happened to them because they didn't have the courage to confront the demons? I don't know what you are reading, but what I'm saying is that a lot of this didn't really happen. Some, yes, not all. A lot of it is propaganda, pure and simple.

If you have the courage, they will just disappear or go away? Sometimes, yes. Like I said, I have done this, I know this to be a fact, because it happened to me.

So what about all these demonic possession news? What demonic possession news? I know of no demonic possession news.

Do you think they are not true or they have nothing to do with Astral projection. Depends on where you read them.

28th January 2011, 02:25 AM
Do you know anyone personally that this has happened to?

No I don't. I don't even know anyone who has an OBE...I am myself trying to discover this alone...
But why would these people lie!...They sound reasonable to me. Maybe your case is special. Because so many people mentioned about this ( I can send you tons of links here) I believe there is some truth to it.

What demonic possession news? I know of no demonic possession news.
It is more common than you think...I suggest you do some research on it...

natalie-1984
28th January 2011, 06:42 AM
I know AP can be scary at first. These same thoughts you are talking about are what used to scare me all the time when I first started APing. I was scared of the dark and slept with my lamp on! The fear was overwhelming, I tried NOT to have projections at all if I could help it. I would only practice during the day while my daughters were napping, and it would have to be bright outside so my room was lit up. I was scared!

I am a person with a very active imagination. I was afraid that as soon as I APed at night I would manifest something freakin scary like Freddy Kruger or something! Then I had a few APs at night that I couldn't really help. I stayed very close to home, I only went outside. I could only stay out for so long before it became dreamlike. I never experienced a lot of fear. A few times I would feel like I was being observed, but it was nonthreatening.

My last AP I did have a little fear, but nothing came from it. I have only encountered positive people when I am out. I bring a positive energy into it because I am well...positive and happy all the time!

If you are scared of running into negs then I would only try projecting during the day until you feel more comfortable. You are very powerful in the astral! You can surround yourself with white light, and you can raise your energy by thinking of something that makes you laugh. If you ever do see something scary just say to it "I love you! Now go away." They hate positive feelings, it creeps them out and they go running! -just what I have heard. They are more afraid of you than you are of them, they know they are weak and they try to put on a big show. It's an ego thing! Think of a little poodle barking and thinking it's a big ferocious beast! Kind of the same thing :D

I hope I could help you! I think most people are scared the first time they start projecting. Then you kind of get used to it and see how powerful you are.

Beekeeper
28th January 2011, 07:43 AM
klabs1976, the thing to remember is that there are people everywhere who have been projecting spontaneously since they were children and many who came to conscious projection as adults and have been projecting for decades. They've all lived, unscathed, to tell the tales.

Korpo
28th January 2011, 08:50 AM
Hello, klabs1976.

What CF said about demons is one possible opinion. I don't even think they exist at all.

From my point of view there are good people and bad people out there, dead and alive, developed and undeveloped. And there are higher orders of beings, but none of them is trying to exert power over you in a way that would cause you harm.

There is a certain segment of the internet talking about the dangers of astral projection or the occult. Lots of these sites have Christian or sectarian background, and they are largely based on fact-free and unreasonable fearmongering, and belong more to the realm of fantasy than anything else. People there tell each other scary stories and get mighty upset about it, lots of drama, real hogwash.

A friend of mine pointed to me such a site once, being very worried about it. I wasn't sure if I should have had a good laugh about it, or be angry about the amount of misinformation. He, on the other hand, was constantly going on about "But what if it is true?" Well, I couldn't see a way of helping him with that attitude.

There are real cases of occult trouble out there, no doubt. Each one needs detailed analysis before coming to a verdict of the causes (and I mean the energetic and personal causes). Unless you are one of these, and show the symptoms, there's no reason to believe so.

Robert Monroe projected for 30+ years, and he reports in 3 books one truly scary experience. Everything else he was able to handle without any great trouble. For most explorers of consciousness the positive or neutral experiences by far outweigh the negative ones.

However, it is from your posts very clear, as others have also said, that you are already very scared. It would be probably best for you to "clean up your reading habits." You seem to have taken in a lot of fearmongering information and seem to be susceptible to it.

Cheers,
Oliver

TheLawOfOne
28th January 2011, 06:09 PM
klabs1976, I know how you feel. For a long time, I wanted to do OBEs but was afraid that my fear would cause me to visit lower realms or see things I didn't want to see. Two things really helped me get over these fears and start having OBEs. One is I made it a goal to raise my spiritual energy by being more positive and more helpful towards others, like donating and stuff. Another thing that helped is I read, adventures beyond the body by William Buhlman. And the way he writes really dispelled my fears and made me exited to want to have an OBE.

When I felt I was ready by doing these two things, I started practicing the techniques and managed to have OBEs.

28th January 2011, 11:27 PM
Thank you guys...You gave me courage...I will get back to my OBE soon....I take the risk and hope for the best!

Alienor
29th January 2011, 10:03 PM
My suggestion here would be to start with Lucid dreaming instead of trying to push into an AP. You might not even notice the difference in the beginning.
In a lucid dream you stay in your own personal dream space, that is a pretty safe place, where we go every night. There you can practice things like floating and what people anyway seem to like to do in an AP.
Then just allow your inner wisdom to guide you - maybe read about the simulation thread (with Kurt Leland). So you want to stay in safe environments and take it slow.

If you experience an uncomfortable situation or an attack, just intent to wake up - that you should learn with a bit of practice. Then clear your aura and allow some days of rest for your energy body.

poème
30th January 2011, 05:42 PM
I was scared of the dark and slept with my lamp on!
Natalie, this truly had me laughing inside...for I really did that too! :lol: I'm glad to see I am not the only one who did so... :wink:

Klabs1976, I used to be so filled with fears too, perhaps even more than you. Everyone on this threads had given great advices... Try what works best for you to let go of your fears. Without fear, no real harm can be done to you. Even if you do encounter a neg, if you have little fear, it won't have much hold on you. It can only try to scare you, or try to mess with what you are thinking. As long as you are aware of that, I believe it truly can't harm you.

Something odd happened to me just last night. It did not happen during an OBE, as I was still awake, but I think you will see how it relates to fear and how little control «negs» have on us when the fear level is low :
So I was in bed, trying to fall asleep when suddenly the large mirror on top of my dresser started vibrating and making some heavy noise for no apparent reason. (The only time it had done so before was when there has been a light earthquake in my area. Back then, the whole room and all the other furnitures shaked too though. Now it was only the mirror.) I opened the light and looked at the mirror, thinking this was odd, but I tried to avoid jumping to a conclusion out of fear as to what was causing this. (I used to do that a lot which would only cause me to fear things I had no reason to fear) I had no mean to be sure of this anyway : was there some physical explanation, was it some bored spirit trying to have fun by scaring me, was it some testing to see if my fear level was still under control? So I stayed calm and simply said (in my mind) in case it was a being, that whatever was its reasons to do that, I did not think this was very funny and that it was late : I really needed to sleep, and so I told it to stop. It faded then stopped.

I was not completely fearless here, especially since my cat had woken up and when the mirror shaking (or vibrating?) stopped, she kept staring back and forth at the mirror and at the corridor leading to my bedroom, alert and apparently intrigued... On top of that, when I came to her to calm her down (or to calm myself down :wink: ), I was apparently blocking her from seeing what she was staring at in the corridor, for she would move her head to keep looking! So this really had me thinking that perhaps something or someone was there, and fear was not completely out, but it was somewhat low, since I believed it really could do no real harm to me besides trying to scare me or messing with my thoughts a little (Nothing irreversible!). Being calm apparently was enough for making it stop and leave. In the end, no harm was done and I had a good night sleep.

About encounters while OBE, reading William Buhlman, as someone else suggested on the thread, did help me too. This thread also reminded me of a curious encounter Robert Monroe describes in Ultimate Journey pages 208-209 (there may be some spoilers here, sorry! :mrgreen:) :
So he meets a being who pretends to be «the Lord thy Good, whom you serve» and the being, rather nasty, messes with his mind by making him think that he «feels» pressure and «feels» he has water in his lungs and that he can't breathe. The he remembers that this can't be true for he has no lungs since he is out of body, that this being is only making him think so to have power over him. So he tells himself that no harm can be done to him, and he tries remaining calm, warm and even friendly. When the being asks him whether he accepts him as his god, instead of succombing to fear, he is amused by the idea of a god threatening him, and he lets that idea flow out. The hold of the being on him lessens but he keeps trying to make him fear him : «Do you not fear me?» he says. But Monroe does not fear him and when the being realizes that it is really so, he leaves, quite possibly because it really had no hold on him if he held no fear...

And sometimes I wonder, even if we do fear, can harm really be done to us (besides the fear and its side-effects on us... Such as having to sleep with the light on! :lol: )?

manish_gof
4th February 2011, 05:38 PM
Thank you guys...You gave me courage...I will get back to my OBE soon....I take the risk and hope for the best!

Friend... Absolutely NOTHING can harm you.. Daemons are nothing but your own imaginary entities (mostly). While out of body if you think about daemons, your subconscious will create one for you. If there are negs around if any, FEEL a sword in your hands and if that entity attacks, you know what you have to do.

All wildlife etc. will not come near you because you are far more powerful than those .. so.. don't loose your confidence.. see you around..astrally..!!

Enochian
4th February 2011, 07:00 PM
I had 3 OBEs so far and didn't have any trouble but I can't do anymore because of my fears....

Dude this fear is all in your head. No demon is going to attack you specifically while OBE'ing. Thats just a Dweller on the Threshold phenomenon. Read Astral Dynamics.

A demon is going to attack ANYTIME, not just during OBE.

There is no risk from OBEing. If anything you are MORE PROTECTED during OBE as the body throws up a protection system that wakes up the body if anything enters the room. This is in Astral Dynamics.

Oh and by the way everyone, including animals, OBE every night. This is in Astral Dynamics

So by using your logic, you should never go to sleep.

astral_1976
8th March 2011, 02:29 AM
Sorry to bring this topic up again but something happened and need some more opinion.

When it comes to ghosts/demons etc. I am friegthened to death and just because if this reason, I stop meditating but my OBEs continue. I keep having them. So couple weeks ago, I started asking help from my higher self for protection. And immediately that night and many other following nights, I saw ghosts in my dreams. But unlike what I expect, instead of fear I had so much anger in me against them. As soon as I saw a ghost in my dream, I ran after them like I want to fight with them. I won't let them go and follow them as much as possible with so much anger and ready to fight no matter what. I find it strange. The other night I fall a sleep as usual. I somehow wake up and felt a presence. A large rectangular being, like a hulk, standing right beside my feet and doing something there. I was paralyzed so I couldn't move. I try to get out but I couldn't. So I closed my eyes and opened again - hoping that he would disappear and hoping that I was just dreaming - but he was still there. I repeated 3 times and he was still there. I got so angry again and shout at him, he became annoyed and kinda cursed at me. Then I became even more angry and push myself out of my body. I was so angry and looking for him in the room but something pushed my head to the ceiling. I wasn't scared but instead the more I was pushed the more angry I got and wanted to fight with him to the end. But somehow I woke up.
My interpretation is this....Somehow my higherself is showing me my problem of anger thru my fears. Any thoughts?

CFTraveler
8th March 2011, 04:01 AM
It's possible that as you evolve you will figure out these are tests, not by someone external to you, but from your own self-aspects, and the lessons will change. In my own experience they went from fear to anger to compassion, and it was after I got to 'compassion' that these types of experiences happened. These are referred to as 'simulations' by the author Kurt Leland, which he breaks down in more detail in the dreaming subforum.

astral_1976
8th March 2011, 05:13 AM
It's possible that as you evolve you will figure out these are tests, not by someone external to you, but from your own self-aspects, and the lessons will change. In my own experience they went from fear to anger to compassion, and it was after I got to 'compassion' that these types of experiences happened. These are referred to as 'simulations' by the author Kurt Leland, which he breaks down in more detail in the dreaming subforum.

It is very interesting that you bring "compassion" into the equation. Lately, I am trying to discover more about compassion. I guess this is my challange for now. Beat the anger and obtain compassion. I agree that these are the tests and although they are presented in subtleways - I start to notice the pattern. It is very exciting!

CFTraveler
8th March 2011, 02:26 PM
However, realize that the anger is a tool in the spectrum, and it's the tool that helps to get over the fear. Once anger sets in, and you are aware of what you're doing, you can use it and then move on to compassion-when you're ready.