PDA

View Full Version : Body awareness sight. really?

magic
29th January 2011, 07:03 PM
I´ve been reading about seeing through closed eyelids / body awareness sight.
It this really something that has to do with obe practice or the energy body?, isn´t it simple being in a dark room too long which makes you able to distinguish object due to the fact that you eyes have adjusted to the dark (even though they are closed, the eye lids are not that thick)?

Seeing dark silhouettes of my room while doing trance is pretty common for me, first I thought it was seeing through eyelids, then I thought that It was just my eyes adjusting, but now after reading MAP (page 103) I´m not sure what to think...

/Magic

heliac
29th January 2011, 08:36 PM
I think they could be related. I have felt it is a little easier to dip into altered states when i could see faint outlines of my hands and arms. I don't know if it is the same as seeing through your eyelids though. You can start to see the outline of a body part when you are doing energy work too. When you are honed in and focused on feeling, the seeing comes automatically as a by-product. You might not notice it at first if you are really honed in on feeling. If you are open to the opportunity and have it somewhere in mind once you are in the zone you may start to notice it. I think robert has called it something like tactile-imaging, i can't remember the term he used, but this is something we talked about in PAPI.

CFTraveler
29th January 2011, 10:31 PM
One way to know that etheric sight isn't just 'seeing shadows through your eyelids' is to focus on something when you get this sight. Sometimes you get transported closer to the object and end up on a different line-of-sight than where you began with. It's quite an interesting experience.

magic
1st February 2011, 11:08 AM
Hi, I tried focusing on the outline of the objects in my room but nothing really happened so I´m not sure if that´s what happening.

But when I was doing meditation in bed, I didn´t have any luck in getting into a more deeper trance, so I thought I should do some deep breathing, as soon as I did this, the room became brighter and I could see the outlines again. Don´t know really why this affected my sight, as far as I know my eyelids was the same as before. I tried to close them even more thinking that I have opened little for some reason. When I did this It became dark again, but It felt like I had to really strain my eye muscles.

/Magic

CFTraveler
1st February 2011, 03:06 PM
It seems to me you're too intent in causing an effect, instead of just doing the meditation or practice and just being free of expectations. The more specific your expectation is the more frustrated you will get if it doesn't actualize.