PDA

View Full Version : Brief glimpses of people and faces

summersolstice
2nd February 2011, 09:35 PM
Hi - new member but I've been lurking for a couple of years. I have a meditation question that has me puzzled. I've been meditating in a darkened pre-dawn room with closed eyes for the past several months using primarily Hemi Sync but sometimes Neuro Programmer 2 recordings with headphones in an effort to achieve a non-physical experience. I've had varying degrees of success but always short of an OOB experience. About 10% of the time during these early morning and typically 1-hour sessions I will, at some point, have very brief glimpses (usually 1/4 second or less in duration) of faces and people, sometimes accompanied by a short phrase spoken by the person. These are not familiar faces but I've been greeted by these people and once had a name (non-traditional name) given. It's like they suddenly appear and disappear, only once and often followed by other people and faces over a period of several minutes. Has anyone else had similar experiences or does anyone have an explanation?

Thanks in advance and I love the board!

Sinera
2nd February 2011, 09:59 PM
This reminds me a bit of my hypnagogic state (pre-sleep). Then I often see faces and foreign people in certain scenes (e.g. in a landscape, house), sometimes I also hear voices that speak to me or s.o. else.

CFTraveler
3rd February 2011, 03:12 AM
Yep. When I was learning to induce OBEs it was a common experience- I'd be in light trance, and on the way to deepening it I would sometimes see many faces, sometimes I'd feel myself seeing walking people (as if they were walking with me) and sometimes, one of them would turn and stare at me, and it was unnerving. This was fairly frequently at first, but after some time they tapered off some. I don't see them anymore except rarely.
No explanation, though.

Enochian
3rd February 2011, 05:58 AM
My understanding would be that this is old fashioned regular clairvoyance. Congrats :D

NightWalker
19th April 2011, 10:43 AM
When I saw this post I had to add this because this week when I was meditating there were faces that were curious about my presence.
I think I had started falling asleep because I has those hypnagogic images coming and going and as usual I was trying to concentrate on them, and hold onto them. At one point there was a large 'porthole' in my mind's eye. It was one of those old copper(?) ones like you would find on an old submarine or ship, very real with pivots(?) and detail. On the other side there was alike a busy street or something and then two woman were peeking from the otherside of this porthole (kind of like looking around a corner) at me, like they were being nosey! and I was trying to move on because they were freaking me out a bit. then a man peeked around to stare at me.....it was like they didn't want to be obviously nosey and stand right infront of it, but couldn't help themselves to peer around and stare at me. Atlast I pushed that vision away...I must say it's a bit un-nerving.

CFTraveler
19th April 2011, 03:09 PM
Yep, even when you do this a lot, when they all of a sudden stare at you it is unnerving.

NightWalker
20th April 2011, 02:48 PM
Yep, even when you do this a lot, when they all of a sudden stare at you it is unnerving.

Who do you think these people are? Where are they? Why can they see us? I find it rather fascinating.

CFTraveler
20th April 2011, 06:13 PM
The theories change- but I think they're self aspects. I get the same feeling when they look at me that I get when I look at myself in the mirror for "too" long. Uneasiness, a 'knowing' that there is something there that I don't always consciously know (the superconscious?). Or something like that.
I think that at times when you're in deep trance you objectify/disintegrate your self, and can interact with discrete parts as if they were people.
Of course, they could be spirits, but somehow, I don't get that impression.

NightWalker
29th April 2011, 09:12 AM
teehee....I thought they were from another dimension looking through some sort sort of portal!!!!!

Sinera
29th April 2011, 01:30 PM
Recently I saw a dog (dachshund type) with human body in tie and suit. I hope that wasn't me.

CFTraveler
29th April 2011, 03:09 PM
It could be. Dogs are symbols of loyalty and unconditional love. And sexuality too. But that he was wearing a human body in a tux (formality?) rules out remote viewing, IMO.
So you're a loyal, loving formal type of person? That's actually kind of nice.

Sinera
29th April 2011, 07:23 PM
It could be. Dogs are symbols of loyalty and unconditional love. And sexuality too. But that he was wearing a human body in a tux (formality?) rules out remote viewing, IMO.
So you're a loyal, loving formal type of person? That's actually kind of nice.
I do not like formalities (including suit and tie and other 'social etiquettes/rules'). I'm a rather informal type of guy. I like the loyalty, sex and love thing though. :lol:

NightWalker
30th April 2011, 09:37 AM
Recently I saw a dog (dachshund type) with human body in tie and suit. I hope that wasn't me.

Bahahaha!!!!