PDA

View Full Version : Pop music?

stargazer
4th February 2011, 02:19 AM
Hi hi, just wanted to share an odd experience I had and reference Astral Dynamics for the answer.

I was on a long international flight recently and watched "Inception" during the flight. I was later sleeping and having a dream about being in a chemistry class and I got very irate at the dream and stood up, yelling at the teacher "This is NOT my dream." I walked out of the room and went lucid, finding myself in a hallway that terminated in a kind of black, shiny wall.

In the past I've had some interesting experiences with transitioning out of lucid dreams... particularly, pushing through mirrors or windows causes some interesting effects. One AD poster and I discussed the cocoon experience, wherein you push / crawl through a mirror from a lucid dream and find yourself wrapped in a cocoon. According to the other poster, if you fight your way out of the cocoon, you sometimes find yourself on the astral plane somewhere. I've had a few of these cocoon experiences after pushing through a mirror, and in one case relaxed in the cocoon and noticed that I seemed to be wrapped in 3D images and being moved somewhere, as if floating. I ended up in another dream state.

So during this particular lucid dream, I pushed through the black shiny wall, at the same time yelling "THIS IS NOT MY DREAM" (I was still highly influenced by Inception, even though I was lucid... I have no idea why I was yelling this) I definitely felt a sense of breaking through the border of the dream, a very kind of "shatter the illusion / bardos" feeling, and found myself in blank, black 3D space.

Then came the cocoon of colors, wrapped very closely around me, and here was the interesting thing... I could hear this really upbeat, friendly music, it sounded like pop music, but it was in no language or music I had really heard before. All I could say is that it was intensely cheerful, and had a really calming effect on what otherwise could be considered a claustrophobic experience. I recognized the state I was in and chose not to struggle, not sure I really wanted to struggle and find myself standing in the RTZ next to my sleeping body while on a plane or anything. I was aware that the cocoon was very brightly colored and just relaxed there, enjoying the music and feeling that I was moving very rapidly but smoothly, like a swift drifting motion moreso than a floating/flying motion. This ended in a rush of tingling sensations and I woke up on the plane.

The music really puzzled me as I had never experienced this in astral states before, only in powerful dream states.

I was reading the updated version of Astral Dynamics and saw Robert reference music in one particular place... the astral tunnels! (Which in his updated version he hypothesizes is an alternate way of perceiving the astral planes perhaps moreso than a method of transversing them; viewing the planes rolled up rather than laid out flat)

Now I've come to think that perhaps the experience I've called the cocoon is not a cocoon somuch as an astral tunnel! Duh!

"Astral Dynamics" mentions that the appearance of astral tunnels is very concurrent with manifestation of doors / portals and the like. By crawling through a mirror with the intention of using it as a door, I'm manifesting the astral tunnels on the other side of the mirror.

It was very pleasant, I have to say... and I think that the knowledge that I'm in the tunnels rather than in this odd cocoon "trapped" state I once viewed it as, will help me make more productive use of the experience. I didn't inititally recognize this state as the tunnels because I felt more like I was wrapped in something that was moving me, vs. me moving myself inside of something. But the music, man, that was great!

Thanks for reading!

natalie-1984
4th February 2011, 05:00 AM
I have nothing constructive to add whatsoever, just a question...
How were you able to sleep on a plane for so long? Did you sleep on the tray table? I usually get cramped up on those things, and if I do sleep I end up waking up with an embarassing jolt!

I often hear beautiful music while falling asleep or while dreaming, and I think "I have to remember this, it's going to be a hit!" but I always forget!

Korpo
4th February 2011, 04:39 PM
Hello, stargazer.

In the past I've had some interesting experiences with transitioning out of lucid dreams... particularly, pushing through mirrors or windows causes some interesting effects. One AD poster and I discussed the cocoon experience, wherein you push / crawl through a mirror from a lucid dream and find yourself wrapped in a cocoon. According to the other poster, if you fight your way out of the cocoon, you sometimes find yourself on the astral plane somewhere. I've had a few of these cocoon experiences after pushing through a mirror, and in one case relaxed in the cocoon and noticed that I seemed to be wrapped in 3D images and being moved somewhere, as if floating. I ended up in another dream state.

In theosophy it is said that when your consciousness enters your astral body for dreaming, astral essence or matter rushes in and forms dream environments around you. Even when becoming lucid you at first are within such an environment.

Your cocoons sound a lot like that - imagery surrounding you. Also when leaving such a dream environment you would find yourself in the wider astral plane. And another clue seems to be that the one time where you relaxed within the cocoon you ended up in another dream state.

The movement you felt might have indicated that your higher state of lucidity moved you to a higher subplane. Was the following dream better, brighter, more upbeat or in any way better than the one before you went through the mirror?

Cheers,
Oliver

Beekeeper
5th February 2011, 06:11 AM
Stargazer, I tend to agree with Oliver that you broke through to a higher level but maybe not just a subplane. It's possible you've moved into an entirely new vehicle of consciousness where you're experiencing being cocooned because you haven't yet developed the necessary inner senses (3rd chakra) to move freely through the plane.

1st chakra, sense of being in a new state of consciousness or body, nothing else, no sense of place
2nd chakra, sense of being in a space, but no ability to perceive it or move around in it
3rd chakra, ability to move within a space, but not necessarily to perceive it
4th chakra, ability to sense the presence of other nonphysical beings and distinguish between them by function
5th chakra, ability to communicate with other nonphysical beings
6th chakra, coordinates inner sense impressions to create the experience of being in a virtual nonphysical environment, including startlingly clear visuals (though these may be representations of non-space non-time oriented environments in imagery derived from the physical reality)
7th chakra, allows you to transcend the perceptual biases of the body you're in so you can transfer your focus of consciousness to the next higher energy body

stargazer
8th February 2011, 06:01 AM
Thank you all for the responses.

Natalie, I was traveling in business elite, which allows for quite a bit of a recline angle... A 12 hour flight during the evening means sleep is pretty much a guarantee. Jetlag is a nice addition to the mix; I have some really wild consciousness experiences sometimes while jet lagged and trying to sleep. I had an awesome kundalini lucid dream affirmation experience in Turks and Caicos after a long day of flying, where I experienced a time loop effect.

And I wake up with a jolt too, that's so funny that you mention that... I'm on a particular medication that causes really wild myoclonic jerking, so I'm pretty spastic when I wake up and feel like I'd better pre-warn people I'm flying with. :D

Korpo, I vibe a lot with your response... the cocoon really seems to be composed of vivid, moving 3D imagery, like a sort of thin, flexible television screen in mummy form, LOL. Yes, the dream state I arrived in that one time was noticeably more pleasant. Usually the mirror environment I leave is somewhere between neutral to pleasant. You know, come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had an unpleasant lucid dream experience (Knock on wood) The process of going lucid always leaves me in a neutral feeling area, or a very positive feeling area.