PDA

View Full Version : The Feelings With Energy Work

MajorTom
23rd June 2005, 05:05 AM
I've been using the NEW system now for a while; however, i don't really feel much. a few unusual sensations that i cant clearly describe, something similar to numbness... I was working on moving my point of awareness around my hand and I felt a sensation similar to a round object moving in a circle on my hand. Is this a normal sensation involed with MBA or is it something I comletely made up with my imagination? I dont get the feeling usually described like tingling/tickeling, so it leaves me wondering... Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Wandering_Hermit
23rd June 2005, 05:38 AM
I had the same problem of not being able to tell if the sensations I felt were just my imagination when I first tried using NEW as well. If you havent already I would suggest using the MBA on both your hands and your feet as well since these seem to be the areas most sensitive to energy sensations. Also one limb is usually more sensitive then the other. Once you feel definite sensations you should be able to tell the difference from moving real energy instead of it being a product of your imagination.

violetsky
23rd June 2005, 03:28 PM
Dear MajorTom,

Sounds like you are getting a start here. Please don't get discouraged.

What can help a great deal are concentration exercises. Learning to focus our energy on one thing can be a huge help here. There is an excellent book you could get to help you. It is not expensive but also it has been out for quite awhile so you should be able to get it through interlibrary lone.

"Concentration - A Guide to Mental Mastery" by Mouni Sadhu ISBN#0-87980-023-2.

I highly recommend this book. Excellent exercises given there. Once you reach a certain level of one-pointedness concentration you will find the NEW method very easy to do in a very powerful way.

Big Hugs. The more you practice the better it gets.

Very Best Wishes,
violetsky

Quantitativefool
23rd June 2005, 05:58 PM
I have read the source Violetsky recommend and it is truely a phenomenal resource, it greatly increased both my desire to meditate and do energy work. It did this by showing what your mind is capable of and giving clear methods of how to attain it.

Very best wishes,

-Stu

MajorTom
24th June 2005, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the help, I managed to gain some control to make this affect happen; however, i usually have to meditate for 10 min or so. I was watching TV and during the commercial, I manged to get it concentrated on one finger in a matter of seconds :lol: It's really good for my progress, the feet is is different story though.. BTW, I can't order any books about any of this, so I just rely on articles and whatnot through the internet....my parents are Christian...but not Christion..hard to explain,. But any way, they might have a problem with my new found enlightenment...either that or they wouold think of it as extremely stupid..hard to tell with them sometimes.

MajorTom
24th June 2005, 04:04 AM
Hmm, about this book...it sounds very interesting. The only problem is..I can't find aplcae in the world to just download the thing....my partents don't go with the whole buying things online deal...I guess I'll just have to try without the book...self discipline is it? I also find that the scratching method just confused me.... :roll: Thanks for the help anyway....

I did notice something that was awesome today though.....as I wa practicing my MBA and got the feeling good ( or so I think ) It felt as if my heart and throat chakras opened with a noticable sensation...how can working with MBA on my hands do anything like this?

Rydel
24th June 2005, 04:30 AM
how can working with MBA on my hands do anything like this?

There are many secondary energy centers in your fingers and hands. By stimulating them, you may eventually feel a similar sensation, though probably a little less pronounced.

gorillabait
24th June 2005, 04:11 PM
Hi MajorTom,

A good way to increase your sensitivity to energy would be to concentrate on a single point at a time, rather than doing the moving awareness sensations. I've found in my experience that both are very effective energy work techniques. A real good place to start would be in your tan t'ien, found between your belly button and your pubic line... it's sort of hard to pinpoint exactly, but it's around there. You can also try your belly button, which often causes a lot of sensation with practice.

You might want to try alternating between moving awareness exercises and stationary ones, since I believe they both have great merit and might even work better together. You can try holding your awareness on your finger for a short time, and then doing the moving exercises on that same finger, and see how it works for you.

Michael

Lion
24th June 2005, 07:25 PM
Apologizing for getting temporarily OT here, but are you the same Major Tom, who was formerly a mod on these forums?

MajorTom
25th June 2005, 02:26 AM
About the off topicness (if thats even a word) Im not the same MajorTom that your thinking about...I'm new to this whole thing, despite being psycicaly sensative all my life...I dont have the same deep theories and understanding like most other people here do, though I hope to one day...Im probaly not as old as the person your thinking of either..(I'm about to be 15 on the 4th of next month) I wish I had started when I was much younger, but, cant change the past..

violetsky
25th June 2005, 02:22 PM
Dear MajorTom,

If you are not in a small town you could go the interlibrary loan route and ask the library to hold the book for you and just go to the library to read it. Usually interlibrary loan lets you have the book for 3 weeks. That would give you some time to go reading at the library. I don't know how close you are to the library and your situation though. Just a momentary thought that crossed my mind, since you seem really interested in the book. If that is still not an option others and myself have some exercises that we can offer. The exercises I would offer are public domain. The book is excellent though and would do better justice to the topic than I could do here. Hugs.

Very Best Wishes to you,
violetsky

Lion
25th June 2005, 09:08 PM
I dont have the same deep theories and understanding like most other people here do, though I hope to one day.

Understanding makes interpretation more simple.

Does the moving round thing (wheel?) drag in energy or push it out?

Where and when is the numbness felt?

MajorTom
27th June 2005, 03:18 AM
Does 193 people in a town count as small :lol: yeah, nothing like that around here...and about the spinning thing, I'm not sure about it pulling in energy or pulling it out... I looked everywere for tht book on the internet with nothing shown for it. However, I have found a good way to master my mind, so it makes it easier to do without I guess you could say.

Christian
27th June 2005, 05:59 PM
Hi MajorTom.

I was 23 when i started to do energy work (now I'm 25) and you're just 14. You have a lot ahead of you :) And the round thing you felt in your hand was probably your hand chakra, one of the secondary ones.

And about not feeling anything; practice with NEW and you will feel your sensitivity increasing...

Working with your secondary centers can trigger sensations in the primary ones. I for example when I work on my feet I feel sensations in my root chakra...

Lion
28th June 2005, 08:48 PM
When did you start to feel the spinning, and why?

MajorTom
1st July 2005, 01:25 AM
Lion: I felt the spinnning 5 days or so after using NEW and doing mobile body awareness..

It's been going ok now, I can do pretty much anything on my palm now. I'm currently working on my fingers and forearm. It's not easy, but most things worth doing usually aren't easy.

Lion
2nd July 2005, 09:07 PM
It can be easy if you pay attention to how your emotions color the impressions you recieve.

Deep symbolism constantly unfolds. So, It can be educational to note:
What's spinning.
Where the center of rotation is.
What is the angle of the plane of rotation. (Frisbee on it's side, diagonal, etc.)
What the direction of rotation is.
What the effect of the rotation is.

But, strange sensations can be disorienting, and that can be all there is to it.

MajorTom
5th July 2005, 02:51 AM
i dont see any symbolizm in any of that...could you elaborate?

Lion
8th July 2005, 09:37 PM
No. That something is noticeable doesn't mean there is anything wrong. It's important to know how specific movements are interacting with their surroundings.

It's like the idea of juxtaposition in art. There is a ladybug and a finger. If the bug is on top of the finger, that means one thing. If the bug is underneath the finger, that means another...

Vortices (whirlpools) which dissipate energy spin one way. Those that absorb it spin another. The whirlpools (chakras, microchakras) are either like ingoing drains in water pipes (meridians) or like outgoing oscillating shower heads.

For obvious reasons, there are places you don't want waste water to drain into and other things that you don't want to waste in the first place.

But saying that you feel something without another point of reference is not enough for me to reply that there is something wrong and you need to do a specific thing to make it better.

As for some of our Christian parents, they are correct in that, regardless of the form of witchcraft being taught, nothing in majick books will produce immortality of the soul. Furthermore, commitments can be made on accident. The whole role of demon warfare, when properly practiced, is to overcome these commitments.

The question is "What are you trying to accomplish with this line of inquiry, and why?"

MajorTom
11th July 2005, 08:45 PM
When did demon warfare come into play? anyway, i read your post thrice, i still dont completely understand it,. I dont know if its that im tired or what, but, try to keep in mind that your talking to a kid...a very sleepy one at the moment...

Lion
12th July 2005, 07:05 PM
When did demon warfare come into play?

commitments can be made on accident. The whole role of demon warfare, when properly practiced, is to overcome these commitments.

You don't understand that energy goes in and out of your body, interacts with your environment, and travels through an established circulatory system. Then why should you understand the meanings of patterns, colors, herbs, sounds, frequencies as they effect that circulatory system?

Are these the calling cards of lesser gods?

Do not perform any procedure from any of those books before understanding it's origins. Most have either been gleaned from unexplained Goetic sources, or have been "inspired" in a way which was anything but Divine. What research went into those books? And into that research?

Messing with things unawares is a way of inviting attacks, if not requesting them on accident. Pardon me for the unaskedfor advice.

MajorTom
19th July 2005, 02:48 AM
Sorry to say this but..only parts of what you are saying are even making sense to me. I'm dyslslexic, it sucks. (no i dont see stuff backwards or any of those stereo types). It's just more or less, your wording. I do understand that energy goes in and out of my body and interacts. The second sentece doesn't make sense to me. And What are you referring to when you said " Are these calling cards of lesser Gods?" And when you said dont perform any procedures from any of these books, what procedures and what books rae you talking about? And the last senteces in that particular paragraph do not make sense... I'm sorry to respond in this way, but I dont know another way to tell you that you aren't very clear to me.