PDA

View Full Version : Newbie epxeriences, skepticism, and questions about AP

healer
5th February 2011, 12:15 AM
Hello all.

As stated in title I'm a newbie in this forum and practically newbie in the whole area. Although I refer to skepticism, it was before... 6 years or so I first tried to approach the notion of AP. At that time there weren't so many sites and communities dealing with the subject, and of course, as it also happens now, you couldn't find a place to actually chat, not just post. Well I had been doing some googling before I ended up in some techniques of "re-charging your body's energy spheres" or whatever was that was referring to. Imagination and daydreaming is characteristics of mine, patience and persistence also, but I never really relied in colors (being color-weak), so I gave that up. I just focused on relaxing and based on my determination.

Results? Thats the problem how can I be sure about results? I had some debatable experiences. Having read all that stuff how could I be sure that I was not just subliminally affected? One thing is for sure. I followed one very simple principle which actually yielded genuine results. I've read somewhere that one step towards AP is becoming aware of dreaming while at it. The key point was to regularly question what happens and whats going on around you; if you see something that does not look normal in any aspect, you go somewhere no one sees you and try the 'little jump'. Its actually an attempt to float, which of-course you re more likely to succeed while in a dream and definitely fail while awake :P. No need to say that I never tried that awake cause being awake its too real to be mistaken, but surprisingly, it worked in my dreams! In a very short time I was taking control of my dreams, even characters in it once - that was after I read they re creations of my imagination - before that I was thinking I was talking to real ppl and once tried to say to some friends "guys we re in a dream look i'm flying", which is also another example of how I can be subliminally affected by what I learn/read. All these dreams would end just a little while after I got control, either by waking up or falling again to...dream! In a more scientific explanation by taking conscious control of the dream, I hindered my subconscious to produce more "Story", i.e images etc so I would fatefully wake up.
Since its been a long time I don't remember very well, but I think I might have some dreams of projecting but these were dreams. Not only because I was floating over bed to see I was not even there, but also because the place I was floating was I think almost never the place I went to bed! It could be a totally strange place, or an older residence of mine. What gives me the crips is that right after that summer and after I messed up with all these stuff my life turned really bad for a whole year! Well gives me he crips sort of speak, cause the reasons where really deterministic, nothing unexplainable. From that point, AP only occasionally just passed through my mind, mainly because I had not much time and some things had made me really sad at that time. I would later have some dreams flying or projecting - always by falling from bed downwards to left or right and through the floor, which was when I would loose the dream. There are only two cases I remember something close to AP which COULD be genuine.
The first one was during my period of trials. I was in my girlfriend's house sleeping during noon. Dunno how but I had slept with my left had (my wrist to be exact) behind my head. Iwas on the left side of the bed. Then I had this.... lets say dream where, If i remember right I had some of these vibrations, and I then could somehow 'look' towards the left. I was sleeping but I could see. Then, I stretched my arm. I extended my arm but somehow I knew it was behind my head. Then I woke up and my hand was indeed behind my head. However I remmber stretching it to the left. The reason I distinguish this dream is because It happened where I fell asleep and I saw even for a while part of the place. I also had another dream at that place, but that time, while sleeping again on the left side, In my dream I stood up and turn towards right. My feet touched the ground from my right but at the exact same time the scenery transformed as if i was on the right side of the bed and when I woke up the whole layout of the house changed and of course its context. I had some thought like "This is how it used to be" and then I don't remember anything else. The house had indeed gone under some structural changes due to a renovation before some time but of course this is always subject to my subliminal thoughts and knowledge.
The second candidate is the day my girlfriend became my fiancee, the day we officially engaged before relatives ctra. That late afternoon I had to prepare but for a reason I was feeling very sleepy, so I said I ll lie and sleep for just 30 minutes If I can, but I certainly must, cause it would be a long night and didn't want to look drowsy in such an important occasion. So I I lied and actually fell asleep and then while asleep I remeber I once more 'looked' at the room closet in front of me. I think I might have that weird vibe feeling and starting falling to the right of my bed. A funny thing, is that many times this happens I fall but can never release my self of the bed. Its like my feet are rooted there and my body tends to fall and tends to fall and feels like falling and then like hanging there not being able to complete the fall. (of course there are some times, which feel more like a dream where i do fall hrough the floor as I said before). Anyway. This time as well, the experience happened right were I fell asleep and managed to see the place as it was. I think I ve experienced something similar in my parent's house once.

WEll I ve had written a lot more and because I was automatically logged out and did not rember to save text in a text editor as I did with the text above. I ll just point out my main points:

-After all that I m still suspicious vs communities such as this one cause evry now and then some would come and propose a book or something other commercial material. SO I thought ppl set up such sites towards naive ppl who would read about a story or too about such experiences ctra. Utter goal: buy. Of course now adays there are so many sites that either there are a lot of victims or theres indeed somthg commmon happening between these ppl. That why I wanted to find a 'chat'. Chat is more direct and you can sense if the other is sincere or not.

Now bout the rest of the stuff
. Everything I read learn affects me subliminally. HOw would I know its true? In the last example I ve herad those cracking sounds and I had felt vibes. Yeah ok, but would have I, had I never learned about them? who knows... Then again vibes is one thing I had sensed before I ever heard about AP. I had a very vivid dream in around the age of 17 or less, with an image of mine in a frame which started talking. I got so scared and contradictingly at the same time I knew I was dreaming and tried to force my self wake up., Those vibrations had allready started and when I forced my self to wake up I actually tried to open my eyelids while sleeping. My eyelids started shaking really bad until I woke up, but the feeling was just as if I had jumped from one place to another and as if I had just got away of something. Bad feeling...

Now the questions in a hurry....

I ve read a lot of stuff, That we can interact with the physical world, at the scale of moving a small feather, that we can be seen by someone depending on how close to this plane we are depending on the 'weight' we put in our astral body/vehicle, we can travel in time towards past which takes longer than real time and towards future whic htakes faster than actual elapsed time. I ve also read so specific things such as 'you cant go further than 500 years in the past" Now whats true? How do we know? About statements like 500 yrs they would only once more subliminally restrain me so it would be better I f I did not hear constraints. On the other hand if the more backwards you go the more time it takes, then travelling 500 years back might take more than 12 hours of sleep so this could be more like a practical difficulty rather than an unbreakable 'rule'. I also read food affects our ability to AP and today read a guy who in 3 years noticed the exact opposite.
Can we meet in the astral plane? Cause if so I would gladly made/open a thought/hole in my consciousness for someone, after having agreed about it, to come and pop me out of a dream so I could travel a bit in the real astral plane outside my subliminal dream world.
Can anyone hurt me while my consciousness wanders in the astral plane? Cause If so I would take back that last hole-thought! I ve also read about a 'protector' or smthg like that we can manifest to watch after our body while we re away - crazy stuff right?
Are there places we simply CAN't go? I d like to visit that famous secret military base near mexico, althought it should be well astrally-locked!
Can we interfere with ppl's memories while theyre dreaming/sleeping. One, who would think that all ppl have only well intentions for bringing up such subject, was proposing we could erase other ppl;'s traumatic experiences this way. Of course he was saying we shouldn't go messing up with other ppls thoughts in general.
Are there Rules in general you must respect in Astral palne? Or anyone can act depending on his moral ethics?
Can we see ppl who have passed away? All of them? Or just those who have left behind for a reason? I ve read someone saying if we meet such ppl we should help them understand tha tthey re dead so that they could move on, implying that not all people are here to communicate with.
and utterly the most important one (which is explicitly related with the 'Can we interact with the physical world' question) Can we heal while AP? Now that would be a motivation to AP! That should actually be a goal for all ppl if its feasible and if the whole story of AP is genuine.

Feeewww! I wonder if a single person stopped by to read all these... Well, forgive me but its been around 6 years since I wanted to share these with someone. Think that I wrote half the text twice, from scratch!

Any comments good/bad/ironic/supportive/ctra are wellcome

Thank you all for your time!

P.S. My fiancee, which is now my wife :), is about to have a little girl in about a month. I was always 'fantasizing' (in the good sense, put another word if it doesn't fit) that I would have achieved to AP before I had a kid so that I would be ready to start learning to it, when it would be young and easy to learn not being fed up with prejudice and all what we learn as 'de facto'. Do you think I can catch up in one month. I know the important thing is if I think I can... The thing is, the time I was trying I was a student had like infinity free time to experiment and was really calm. Now the work the kid the respnsibilities. I find it almost impossible to find the calm needed to perform such tasks? What do you guys think?
PS2 Thanks again

CFTraveler
5th February 2011, 04:45 AM
Hi Healer and welcome to the forums. I will answer your questions as I believe according to my experiences and what I've taken from them.

I've read a lot of stuff, That we can interact with the physical world, at the scale of moving a small feather, that we can be seen by someone depending on how close to this plane we are depending on the 'weight' we put in our astral body/vehicle, I personally don't believe this, but to each his/her own.

we can travel in time towards past which takes longer than real time and towards future whic htakes faster than actual elapsed time. Errr.... sounds really subjective. In my experience, you project your consciousness into an energetic environment (nonphysical) and a lot of this information can be driven by your subconscious. So if you have a memory you can access it and relive it, and sometimes it appears that we can see stuff that happened a long time ago. But I don't know if this is just reliving a memory or crossing some sort of timespace loop. The reason is that time and space are functions of physical reality and your projections don't really take place in physical reality.
However, data doesn't take up time or space, and can (theoretically) be accessed by a 'nonlocal' body- so it's possible that a projection to the past is 'true' in that the data is correct. But this is very hard to verify, and can be explained so many ways.... so it's better (in my opinion) to relax and enjoy the process, take on the role of explorer, and maybe you can have verifications.

I ve also read so specific things such as 'you cant go further than 500 years in the past" Now whats true? Once again, that is very specific and subjective- I don't think that going to the past should be 'time/distance' sensitive because you are following a 'timeline' to the past. Now I see a problem for the far future, because if your decisions cause something to happen, then the more further away you're looking at the more variables and branches of spacetime (according to the Many World interpretation, anyway) can happen. So 'jumping forward' in the future, you don't know how probable what you get could be- but an hour or two into the future, seems to me that there would be less probabilities of landing in the wrong timeline.
So, the rules you have quoted sound antiquated, but who knows.

How do we know? About statements like 500 yrs they would only once more subliminally restrain me so it would be better I f I did not hear constraints. Absolutely. Expectation can be a b*tch. So it's better not to have any, except for having the expectation of success.

On the other hand if the more backwards you go the more time it takes, I don't think this is true, but, whatever.

I also read food affects our ability to AP and today read a guy who in 3 years noticed the exact opposite. There are many theories about it, and I think it has to do with the belief structures (and possibly religious rules) of the people that come up with them. A vegetarian monk may believe it's necessary to be 'pure' to do this stuff, but it has to do with his worldview, projected into his practices.
However, it is my belief that eating too much too close to practice time is not a good idea (or being so hungry you are uncomfortable) are not good ideas, because it prevents you from getting in the ideal state for trance induction- which is to get to the point in which your body is going to sleep but your mind is awake- if you want to have a conscious projection.
So for example, the ideal state is comfort but not too much comfort- because you balance the state so that you don't fall asleep, but are comfortable enough that you can drift into a medium trance. And then go from there.

Can we meet in the astral plane? We can (and I have with a couple of people in this forum) but it's not easy, and has happened unplanned. So, it depends on both people.

Cause if so I would gladly made/open a thought/hole in my consciousness for someone, after having agreed about it, to come and pop me out of a dream so I could travel a bit in the real astral plane outside my subliminal dream world. All that is required is permission, (no holes needed, lol) to avoid subconscious barriers, that are natural.

Can anyone hurt me while my consciousness wanders in the astral plane? No. When you project you do not leave your body, you expand your awareness so that you can perceive other realities and yet maintain consciousness of your body. At first you don't perceive it as such because of the 'alienness' of the idea for the conscious mind- but once you master the exit, you do perceive the simultaneous experiences the way they happen- (bilocation) and process the experience. Robert calls this 'consciousness split'. I call it 'bilocation'.

Cause If so I would take back that last hole-thought! I ve also read about a 'protector' or smthg like that we can manifest to watch after our body while we re away - crazy stuff right? I believe the idea of the protector we manifest comes from such a split, also known as astral feedback, and is caused by the dual input of your energy body and your physical body. An energetic effect, nothing more.

Are there places we simply CAN't go? I d like to visit that famous secret military base near mexico, althought it should be well astrally-locked! This is not a simple answer, and it takes explaining the different types of projections, and the limits. More than one post, but if you read more around the forums you can get acquainted with the ideas of RTZ projections, Astral Projections, Mental projections, etc. The AD Pedia is a good source of all these definitions if you want to take a look.

Can we interfere with ppl's memories while theyre dreaming/sleeping We can 'be' there, but think of it as going to the movies. Someone is projecting the movie, and you going there won't change the movie, except that you can be there to be perceived by the other person, and you can see what the other person is projecting. Other than that, I don't believe so.

One, who would think that all ppl have only well intentions for bringing up such subject, was proposing we could erase other ppl;'s traumatic experiences this way. Of course he was saying we shouldn't go messing up with other ppls thoughts in general.
Some people believe that we incarnate to experience. So if someone chooses to have an experience, why would you think you know better than them about what they're supposed to do? That's where the notion of free will comes in.

Are there Rules in general you must respect in Astral palne? Or anyone can act depending on his moral ethics? When we go out of body, or in the astral plane, we are energy beings. So it's all about the nature of the being. A being of 'high standards' will more than likely manifest in an area that is energetically compatible with them, so that it's not about rules, but about what is theirs to do, so to speak. Their drive. I don't know about moral ethics, because such concepts come from physical interaction, and although there is an element of that, it's not really always about that. Plus, sometimes, when you project, you don't think the same way as when you're in the physical. It's hard to describe, unless you experience this.

Can we see ppl who have passed away? Yes.

All of them? Probably not.

Or just those who have left behind for a reason? No one is left behind, everyone progresses at their own speed. And in the nonphysical, time is a whole different thing than in the physical.

I ve read someone saying if we meet such ppl we should help them understand tha tthey re dead When people die in certain circumstances, they may not be aware of being dead, and that's when soul retrievals are appreciated. But this occurs in the nonphysical, and is part of "procedure". Since some beings decide to incarnate even after being "over there" (for whatever reason) they become interested in doing this, and can learn. But probably, they already knew it. It's not as complicated as it sounds.

Can we heal while AP? Some report having done this. I personally haven't done it. However, I don't think this is the same as affecting the physical- it's really a bigger picture thing- if matter comes from energy, the nonphysical becomes the physical, it's one thing to affect someone's energy body and have it manifest physically (in space and time), but another thing is to push a feather with your energy body. I suppose that technically and theoretically it's possible (in a 'big picture' kind of way), but so is walking on water, and I don't know too many people that can do that at present.

Now that would be a motivation to AP! That should actually be a goal for all ppl if its feasible and if the whole story of AP is genuine. It's not a story, it's an experience. No belief necessary. Your belief may shape how you interpret the experience, but that's true of everything else.

Feeewww! I wonder if a single person stopped by to read all these... Well, forgive me but its been around 6 years since I wanted to share these with someone. Think that I wrote half the text twice, from scratch! To be honest, my eyes hurt so I just went to the questions.
Cheers.
:D

newfreedom
5th February 2011, 07:01 AM
Hi Healer,

Your story intrigued me and so i printed it off and took it to bed and read it, and even then i had difficulty staying with what you were saying, but it was about 2.30 am ish as i recal and i needed some sleep.

I need to read it again to see if i have any responses or thoughts to anything you said..

Thankyou for answering Healer's questions CFTraveller...

Your patience and dedication shine through, beautiful, helpful answers (as always :D !)

x :P

healer
5th February 2011, 11:11 AM
Thank you for the time you devoted to read my post!

I am really sorry about writing style. A slightly better syntax with more commas was needed :P! I finished very late at night so... And less text about my experiences, though I wanted some hints about whether they would be related at some point to AP. The most important of all these was my question whether becoming aware of dreaming has any value towards AP and whether the last two experiences imply some form of AP (where, in short, I was gaining 'vision' of the room while asleep and felt like moving or falling off the bed but never completely as to escape from it).

Thank you again, sincerely!

Korpo
5th February 2011, 09:18 PM
Hello, healer.

After browsing CF's reply and through your last post, I went back to read your experiences.

I have read about your lucid dreams, and I think this was a very worthwhile opportunity for you to explore firsthand. You obviously have talent for it, so you should put it to good use. Lucid dreams offer many possibilities. I would like to suggest this one:

Whenever you find yourself lucid, ask what your purpose is. Ask questions. Inquire what is going on. Even to the room! When things show up, especially new developments in the dreamscape, treat them as responses to your requests and questions. So, if you ask "Why am I here?" and a person shows up, assume it has to do with your question.

When you do so, try also to see everything that happens in symbolical terms. Pictures and things that show up may be coded messages. Your actions in the dream usually cause some kind of feedback, and some things that may happen in the course of such a dream might be "error messages." This might also be true about the fact that you awoke so often close to becoming lucid.

Try to find out what is going on, why you find yourself in such a dream, and it might start a very helpful interaction that in the long run might also lead to your own answers to some of your questions.

Cheers,
Oliver

CFTraveler
5th February 2011, 10:24 PM
Hi healer. I just wanted to comment that my eyes already hurt before getting to your post, so it wasn't your writing style, it was my eyes. So no worries.

healer
8th February 2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks again for the replies! Sorry for my late response!

@Corpo

Thank you very much for that perspective! You are right, dreams relate so much with our sub-conscious. So many things that happen during dreams can be an expression of my sub-consciousness(!). The problem is that I either wake up or lose control and fall back to dreaming (as analogous to fall back to sleep). Concerning the latter case there was a funny incident where I was in my grandparents' village I flew over their coop's yard when I realized I was dreaming so then I said " Oh I m dreaming then I can do anything I want, I ll show you now, I ll imagine a world where... and at that exact point I remember I started falling back to dream and while I was losing control I barely managed to complete with a "... where everyone wears shorts!" Then I saw one person wearing shorts and then I don't remember anything else. So, maybe I lost control because I started being aggressive with my quote "I ll show you now" or maybe just because I wanted to control the scenery. Bottom line: from your perspective this could be a message for my behavior or something, although I m not an aggressive person at all. I dunno! :P

@cft
In any case I should be more brief for not exacerbating such cases :P

And some serious questions I forgot last time (I wonder how could I, since they re questions, I had long time now)

a) As ridiculous as it may sound, I have to ask: When we are relaxing in an effort to achieve a projection, should we have our eyelids shut or open? From what I have read around here I should imply shut. But at those old days I was reading about some directions, which among other things they were saying something like: "visualize your astral body ... ...it doesn't matter that it's in your imagination, it's there! .... concentrate .. " and kind-of stuff. It a technique about visualizing your energy going from your belly through the astral cord up to your astral body. Anyway I was wondering whether the text implied visualizing with eyes open or shut. Since I day-dream very easily, I was assuming open, but that's difficult to relax and "lose it" (meaning relax) even for a hard-core daydreamer like me :P. Actually, personally I believe I could, but there comes my other problem:

b) now that's ridiculous indeed, but sorry guys I can't help it! I can't get to let myself TOO relaxed! I always have a feeling I want to go to pee :oops: . Well, yeah. Sometimes I even go two or three times to the bathroom while trying to relax. That could clearly come from psychological reasons, but it's there, hindering me from completely relaxing. Thats why whenever I achieved something was during sleep. My body takes care all this stuff automatically ;-) . And it's what we call in my language a "foul cycle" because this blows off my attempt to relax and then I get anxious about this happening again and being anxious might tend to incur it and so on... I always end up thinking how do you ppl get to relax anyway!

that's all I remember for now!

PS Lucid dreaming: At that time I was wondering whether I was not lucid dreaming but APing or if I could transform my LD to AP by traveling from where I was to my bed and watch my self sleeping. Of course, I never even went close to succeed, not even that once I ordered a person in my dream to take me, on his bike, to my home and then, while driving, the scene changed to a completely different city! As if my subconsciousness was saying "nah-ah-ah!"

PS2 ty all in advance :)

CFTraveler
8th February 2011, 10:58 PM
a) As ridiculous as it may sound, I have to ask: When we are relaxing in an effort to achieve a projection, should we have our eyelids shut or open? Shut, because you want to redirect your attention away from the physical.

From what I have read around here I should imply shut. But at those old days I was reading about some directions, which among other things they were saying something like: "visualize your astral body ... ...it doesn't matter that it's in your imagination, it's there! .... concentrate .. " Some old techniques (such as the 'body of light', a classic) have you visualize a body like an object and then move you to the object. I personally don't teach it this way, because I think it's a waste of energy and it sometimes defeats the purpose of projection, which is to move your awareness away from your body. So I use 'consciousness-centric' exit techniques that place your point of view where you are and then move your point of view away- your projected body will naturally move with you, there's no need to 'artificially' make it.
Even if you did do a visualization (that is, 'see' something in your imagination) you still are not using your eyes- and whatever you 'see' in meditation doesn't involve the eyes either. Images seen in meditation are usually formed by the pineal gland, and happen at the level of the optical nerve, if even, probably in the imaging center of the brain.

I can't get to let myself TOO relaxed! I always have a feeling I want to go to pee . Well, yeah. Sometimes I even go two or three times to the bathroom while trying to relax. That could clearly come from psychological reasons, but it's there, hindering me from completely relaxing. Thats why whenever I achieved something was during sleep. My body takes care all this stuff automatically . And it's what we call in my language a "foul cycle" because this blows off my attempt to relax and then I get anxious about this happening again and being anxious might tend to incur it and so on... I always end up thinking how do you ppl get to relax anyway! I'm a 53 year old woman who has given birth and I have to pee in the middle of the night (I know, TMI) but usually every three to four hours is ok. So how long are you trying to stay relaxed?

PS Lucid dreaming: At that time I was wondering whether I was not lucid dreaming but APing or if I could transform my LD to AP by traveling from where I was to my bed and watch my self sleeping. Of course, I never even went close to succeed, not even that once I ordered a person in my dream to take me, on his bike, to my home and then, while driving, the scene changed to a completely different city! As if my subconsciousness was saying "nah-ah-ah!" Ok, let me clarify terms:
OBE- the experience of leaving your body and usually seeing your room- aka etheric projection or RTZ OBE. An OBE is a type of projection of your awareness.
Astral Projection- A projection into the astral plane. Dreams, both lucid and non, are astral projections, but into your subconscious 'field'. An 'official' astral projection (or a lucid projection into the astral plane) is a projection, that can happen from the waking state (like a WILD) or from the dreamstate, into the astral plane.
The projection to the astral can begin as an OBE, but will usually involve movement into an area of consciousness which is not 'very' realistic, as in, dreamlike, but with archetypal characteristics, because it takes place in a collective area *ie. the astral plane, etc*. To convert a LD into an astral projection you simply consciously decide to go out of your subjective area, into a collective area. Some movement has to happen (possibly symbolic) such as flying away, usually up and fast, and a shift may be felt, and you will find yourself somewhere 'else', usually populated. There still will be some (or a lot of) subjective content, depending on what brainstate you're at, but you will also see and possibly communicate with 'others', that is, other projectors, astral dwellers, and possibly deceased people also.
*whew*.

healer
9th February 2011, 07:27 PM
Hi again,

So how long are you trying to stay relaxed?

Well Well I usually try for about an hour or so, including, however those little breaks... for example I have just returned from work, I ll turn off the lights and sit comfortably on my couch. After 10 or so minutes I ll probably start worrying about this "issue" and before I know it i ll start feeling that I should go... then I ll come back and start all over again...

Btw, do electric appliances disturb my efforts in terms of electromagnetic fields they create and/or any other reason? In other words, should I shut down my central electricity switch, as I read someone proposing a long time ago? :P :P

Along with the preceding question, is there a specific orientation, e.g. with respect to magnetic north/south, that I should maintain while trying to achieve such a state? cause I 've read all sorts of things, and as I ve said all this can subliminally affect one towards succession but also towards failure, depending on the person.

That's my share of daily newbie questions for today ;-)

May all of you be healthy and blissed

PS NOTES:

To convert a LD into an astral projection you simply consciously decide to go out of your subjective area
Now this must be difficult, at least it seems to me... Guess this doesn't leave any possibility for someone helping me, does it? :P

but you will also see and possibly communicate with 'others', that is, other projectors, astral dwellers, and possibly deceased people also
Hmmm... So I guess I should be careful on how I behave in my dreams! I could order someone do something, who is not part of my imagination(!). I mean, I won't be able to tell whether I'm in my subconscious area or in a collective one, at least yet!

I use 'consciousness-centric' exit techniques that place your point of view where you are and then move your point of view away
Is it somehow like "expanding your consciousness"? Like expanding the radius of your conscious perception and focusing in different places in that area (which is utterly felt like an OBE, whereas is more like a state of awareness)? Or am I completely out! :P ( I have a theory of how this could be somehow-scientifically ...not explained but... described (!), yeah thats the correct term, or speculated. But we could talk about it another time or even in another thread. I need to go and try to relax, once more! :P:P)

Oh and a last-minute question. I once read that no part of your body should touch another to succeed. Does this hold by your experience? Or not? ty again!

CFTraveler
9th February 2011, 08:15 PM
Btw, do electric appliances disturb my efforts in terms of electromagnetic fields they create and/or any other reason? In other words, should I shut down my central electricity switch, as I read someone proposing a long time ago?

No. I think the assumption that the energy body is electromagnetic in nature is unfounded. Although that doesn't mean em fields can't affect it, I think that em fields won't make any difference at all in the projection process. I project with various emf producing appliances in the house, and even a solar pool heater flowing above me and it causes no effect whatsoever. (The pump is right next to my room), and some of the panels are right on the roof over my room.

is there a specific orientation, e.g. with respect to magnetic north/south, that I should maintain while trying to achieve such a state? cause I 've read all sorts of things, and as I ve said all this can subliminally affect one towards succession but also towards failure, depending on the person.

Monroe thought that, and did his first projections that way (N-S). But after a while he began to realize that it didn't make any difference, and he stopped following that rule.
Do whatever makes sense to you. I don't follow that rule, and it's never been a problem for me. I find that the only force that makes any difference is the magnetic force from the physical body to my moving awareness. Anything else is almost irrelevant. Like 'strong force' vs. 'weak force', so to speak.

Is it somehow like "expanding your consciousness"? Like expanding the radius of your conscious perception and focusing in different places in that area

It is the practice of exiting out of your body using techniques that externalize your point of perception. 'expanding your consciousness' is a very conceptual, 'big picture' kind of description. I am talking about specific techniques.

healer
9th February 2011, 09:41 PM
Thank you for the instant response!

I did not relax after all :( . My brother came by and we played some music together. Well it was quite as good! By the way I edited my post and added another question which must have passed un-noticed. Does it matter if one part of my body is in contact with another while concentrating? e.g. does it matter if one foot touches the other or if one hand touches the body? I suppose not, but I have to ask nevertheless. (not to mention this stereotype images with a person concentrating while doing a mudrah, this would never be achievable if my question had a positive answer).

ty in advance

PS lets hope I ll be lucky tonight and begin with LD :)

CFTraveler
9th February 2011, 10:10 PM
No, it does not matter, unless the mudra makes you uncomfortable.
It is better, when you are in the part of the process in which you are 'almost' there but not quite, that you move your focus away from your body and into your mind. Many people want to know what getting into trance feels like, and I always tell them to forget about how the body feels at this point (it's fine when you're in the relaxation and body awareness actions part of the process- early), but when you get to the part of starting to trance, forget about your body completely and focus on what your mind is doing. Observe and let go your throughts, take on the attitude of conscious observer, listen, and see what's behind your eyelids. Focus on these senses and nothing else, until you get some sort of trance/exit symptom, and then go about loosening and exiting.