PDA

View Full Version : Kali

Lilac
7th February 2011, 04:38 AM
I haven't posted in ages! Don't know if this is even in the right place...

Anyways, a couple of days ago I got caught in a synchronistic whirlwind that brought about some extremely intense energies. Namely, those of the goddess Kali in her most splendid form. I would love to explain it better, but I just can't even begin to gather words... This is the first time I've ever experienced any sort of higher being. She seemed to permeate reality itself, her energy filled the space around me. I realized that she's been an active presence in my life for several years even though I wasn't aware of it. She has an amazing ability to remove fears, attachments and karmic issues... She's just all kinds of wonderful.

I guess now I'm just a little confused. The crazy connection toned down by %80, I'm guessing it won't resume at full force until I figure out how to make the most of it (and not go insane in the process :lol: ).
Does anyone know how to work with her? I only know as much as I could find online, which I think is not very sufficient. I don't think that the traditional rituals would be appropriate either.

ButterflyWoman
7th February 2011, 08:43 AM
She has an amazing ability to remove fears, attachments and karmic issues...
She does. But she's not at all polite about it, or gentle, or kind. She yanks the rug right out from under you and then waits for you to get up again, offering no assistance. If you complain, she pretty much ignores you. Then she says, "Well, you wanted it removed, didn't you?" And all you can do is laugh (if you have a sense of humour ;)).

I say this with affection, by the way. I've had my own experiences with Kali, as should be evident.

and not go insane in the process
Well, that's the trick. BUT... sometimes you do "go insane" (i.e., your sense of "self" dissolves so profoundly that you're not particularly functional, and it can certainly look like "insanity" from the outside, and maybe feel like it from the inside if you're not aware of what's happening to you and the process you're undergoing) but it's not permanent.

Again, I speak from experience there.

Does anyone know how to work with her? I only know as much as I could find online, which I think is not very sufficient. I don't think that the traditional rituals would be appropriate either.
May sound silly, but I suggest asking her, directly. She seems to have a very individualised presence with different people. Many people do have similar things to say about her, but the process by which things get done varies greatly, from what I've seen. So, I'd say just go to the source and ask her. Be polite (well, obviously) but don't be afraid, and see what happens.

Lilac
7th February 2011, 02:55 PM
She has an amazing ability to remove fears, attachments and karmic issues...
She does. But she's not at all polite about it, or gentle, or kind. She yanks the rug right out from under you and then waits for you to get up again, offering no assistance. If you complain, she pretty much ignores you. Then she says, "Well, you wanted it removed, didn't you?" And all you can do is laugh (if you have a sense of humour ;)).

In fact, that is the initial impression I've had of her and that scared me a little at first. However, so much of my energy seemed to have been locked in a very prolonged issue, that I thought, "Hey, what's the worst that could happen? Would that even be so bad after all?" So... I kinda addressed her and prepared myself for any possible consequences. I began feeling better immediately and at the same time her energy shifted. She suddenly turned into this very benign nurturing personality, which totally caught me off guard. I suppose what I've gathered from the experience is that she's ruthless to the ego, but has infinite compassion for the spirit.

Well, that's the trick. BUT... sometimes you do "go insane" (i.e., your sense of "self" dissolves so profoundly that you're not particularly functional, and it can certainly look like "insanity" from the outside, and maybe feel like it from the inside if you're not aware of what's happening to you and the process you're undergoing) but it's not permanent.

Aye! I can't even remember what I physically did that day. :lol: But at the same time, I've felt more conscious than ever, aware of my existence outside the earthly incarnation... Never really thought I'd experience something like this...

Even though now I'm back on earth, I feel transformed. As long as I maintain balance I still feel Kali's blessings. That's something I'll have to get used to, because a part of me just keeps going, "Wow! All this niceness, I can't believe I'm receiving all this niceness! Is this really for me?!"

Aunt Clair
20th March 2011, 04:46 PM
The first time I met her was when reading a young man from India who was a devotee unbeknownst to me and when she appeared I became afraid because I knew little about her except that I recalled the Indian Jones film where the humans were sacrificed by ripping out the heart with a chant to Khali while one shaking palm gripped the chest of the victim. Which by coincidence was parodied by Stewie on Family Guy this evening.

But I met this Goddess who was compassionate and merciful and it confounded me.

Since then I have learned she is much more like the Goetic she has a militant aggressive side which punishes injustice and she has a tender compassionate gentle side too.

She can be found at the Garden of the Goddessess and the Temple of Compassion in Shamballah. She is a great teacher but to tell the truth , she still scares me. I do not evoke her but when she appears I respect her.