PDA

View Full Version : OBE started with a dream, is it really OBE?

baby001
10th February 2011, 04:33 PM
I normally have one OBE every 2 weeks and all my OBEs are spontaneous. Most of them started with a vibration (buzzing sensation) and I felt I got out of the body.

The problem is that most of the vibration starts in a dream. Last time, in a dream, when I was talking to my boss, he told me he has 3 children and I asked him how old the youngest one is. He said 1 year old. I said - are you kidding? (since I know he only has 2 children and has another infant is just not possible). Right after I said that, the vibration started and as soon as it started I realized that an OBE was coming and I waited until the vibration got to the strongest point and got out of my body. When I get out of my body, I am not always in my bedroom. Sometimes at the dream scene, which makes me doubt if what I have is really an OBE or just because I think about OBE too much during the day and I dream about it during the night. One thing I am sure is that the buzzing sensation is really there.

Another problem I have is that after I get out of my body, I tried to get to my back yard by walking through my bedroom wall. But every time I walked thru the wall, I found my self in some strange city or in some other place instead of in my back yard. I wanted to go to my wife's hospital and I thought the first step is to go to the back yard. But I never was able to do that. Do you guys know why?

Thank you very much!

Baby

Korpo
10th February 2011, 06:27 PM
Hello, Baby.

It's very possible you project to the astral plane on all the occasions you described. Passing through walls, portals, mirrors - all kind of transitions where you don't have a "physical level of reference" can easily lead to the astral, even if you started out in the RTZ.

The tricky thing about the astral body is that it needs not be where your physical body at all, unlike the etheric body that never strays far from it - only a few feet. The transition to the astral body is different for anyone, and can be so smooth you don't notice the difference. The astral body could be somewhere on the physical or astral plane at the time you make that transition, so don't be surprised if you end up elsewhere.

It might make sense to explore where you actually end up and get a feel for that first, instead of trying to go to specific places.

Cheers,
Oliver

baby001
10th February 2011, 06:58 PM
Thank Oliver! Good suggestions!

What I am thinking is that if the environment during OBE is created by our subconscious mind like the lucid dreams, then it explains why when you go through walls you end up in a different place. Because the environment circled by the wall is already created by your mind and once you go through walls or open a door, your subconscious mind has to create a new environment and most of the time you create something totally different since you don't have a full control of the subconscious mind.

If that is the case, then OBE is no different from Lucid Dream. But I do hope OBE is different. At least to me, all my OBEs starts with a vibration and exiting my body.

Baby

Alienor
11th February 2011, 10:54 AM
If that is the case, then OBE is no different from Lucid Dream.
I would say, a Lucid dream is one kind of OBE. There are many different kinds of OBEs.

Beekeeper
12th February 2011, 02:24 AM
I would say, a Lucid dream is one kind of OBE.

And the OBE is one kind of lucid dream. There are many kinds of lucid dreams. :wink:

Jake
15th June 2011, 03:13 PM
The creative construct is limitless and seamless while OOB. Your thoughts are instantaneous. We don't have the luxury of forethought while OOB, not always. Most times though, we can't sit back and think about what we want to do, our thoughts will change our environment,,,, just like that! Random and/or wandering thoughts will often cause the very same thing that you are describing. It takes some getting used to..