PDA

View Full Version : new to energy work

summersolstice
12th February 2011, 02:55 PM
I'm having problems visualizing the sensations in the beginning exercises with the hands. I can feel slight sensations in one hand at a time but I can't get the sensations to simultaneously occur in both hands. When I move on to the forearms I feel nothing. Should I continue practicing with my hands and does anyone have any tips to get me through this beginning stage?

CFTraveler
12th February 2011, 05:22 PM
I'm sure some people may have similar problems but I don't remember reading about the hands not being sensitive. One thing I can recommend is to put your hands up in the air for a few seconds to a minute and then bring them down- then use the feeling generated by the rush of blood to them to deepen the sensation, if any. But don't worry about not feeling two limbs at a time- I never have done the 'split limb' thing- I do one at a time for maximum feedback, and only split awareness when it saves time.

Archimedes
8th March 2011, 11:52 PM
I find it gets easier with practice. I am new too so I am also overcoming this. What helps me is to focus on each finger front and back, each hand front and back. Use energy balls and or disks to do this. Then, with one hand focus your awareness on energy at the very tops of your fingertips and intend it down to your wrist. Do this with each hand and both sides. When you are done with that rub both hands together and focus on energy at the tips of both hands at the same time and drag up and down at the same time. You may find that your one hand will start to phase out this is when you put additional focus on that hand. Give it a try and let me know if it works out for you.