PDA

View Full Version : Hello Here!

emeraldofterra
15th February 2011, 02:54 AM
hello! My name is emerald, I am female, age 13-17 (wont give specifics for safety. i am rather paranoid :wink: ) I hav live in New Jersey, and i am christian. i have never projected before, but i have been trying for about a year now. Although I am young I am serious about what i do. My other hobbies are reading, writing, and all forms of art. So, some interesting things about me!

- I hate coconut

- when I was in second grade, I was misdiagnosed with ADD. (and i can type up an entire soapbox speech on the wrongdoings.) I now realise that it is a strnge thing, i only zone out in math. it's like a trance, you are so caught up in your thoughts that the other world kind of falls away. I can do it at will, but when it happens in math, it's unccontrollable, and i miss like half the class. It is a very strange thing, but it can be helpful and kinda nice at times.

-I have never had an Obe before, but i have been studying for about a year and know much on the topic. (heck, i even have a gameplan planned for my first AP. :o

-I am a very average person. I do not look wierd, or goth or emo or anything. I am also very scientific and like a scientific analysis and conclusion of everything.

- abesolutely no one knows I am trying to project. in fact, I am on private browsing mode right now.

so, that is me in a nutshell! looking foward to this site.

lightgal
15th February 2011, 03:06 AM
Hello Emerald
I am also new to this site and to the obe experience. I started RB's programme about a month ago, but have spontaneously found myself out of body a few times throughout my life.
That's great that you can tune out in class without being found out. I hope your friends take good notes for you.
I also like science. Right now I am reading a terrific book called Q is for Quantum-I have been working on it for a few years now actually. Quantum physics is a yummy science, I love it. I don't have much of a science background though so I have to re-read alot of it to gain an understanding.
Have you read any of RB's books?
Lightgal

yortyort
15th February 2011, 03:58 AM
Hey Emerald!
We sound so similar it's crazy! Haha. :D I have been trying to have an OBE for five+ months and am getting very close. I have read RB's Astral Dynamics Complete Book of OBE's. Just thought it was interesting how much we have in common! Welcome to the form.
Troy

CFTraveler
15th February 2011, 02:55 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums, emerald.
I know what you're saying about math, the same thing used to happen to me also- I would fall into a daydream during math, and sometimes I didn't even know what the homework was or what happened to the time. Then homework was torture (we didn't have calculators back then). Luckily all my other grades were good so I managed to pass. Nowadays it's called dyscalculia when it's severe. The good news is that it gets better when you get older- the connections in the brain finally 'connect'- or something. I recommend you take up a musical instrument or listen to classical music, if you can't get therapy for it. Mine got better in college and I ended up embracing math when it got better, and went on to get an engineering degree later on in life.

emeraldofterra
15th February 2011, 08:58 PM
hi again :)
thank you for taking the time to respond. these are helpful suggestions!