PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of OBE - particularly benefits after death

15th February 2011, 03:55 AM
Guys,

I am done with OBE...The reason is because I want to live my life the way I supposed to. There is a reason that I am in this world and I will experience everything based on its rules. Somehow I come to a conclusion that OBE is a hole in the system, its not meant to be.
Having said that, sometimes I have involunteer OBEs but other than that I am not intend to do any OBE thru meditation. OBE gave me great insights and change my world view, I am grateful for the experience but I have some doubts about going into too deep with OBE...

But before I completely give up, I wanted to ask you your opinion about something because I am still a newbie and you guys know more than I do...Please help me with this because it is a very important decision for me...

Do you guys see any benefit of OBE/AP after death? Does it give any advantage?

When I am die, I will still see whatever there is in Astral planes so why bother with OBE in this life - instead I should cheer the life given to me in this world.
Do you have any supporting/counter-arguments that would help me to back up or change my decision?

Thanks....

Beekeeper
15th February 2011, 07:27 AM
Why should anyone want to change your mind? Do what you want to do; be true to yourself.

If you want, you can find books that argue that projection prepares you for afterlife exploration but you'll be taking that on faith. Even if you discover the afterlife regions for yourself, you'll still be taking on faith that it's of any more significance than a dream.

CFTraveler
15th February 2011, 03:13 PM
Dear klabs: You project every time you sleep, dreams are projections, so don't worry, whatever necessity OBE has in the world for evolution will happen to you anyway, and if your Higher Self/Guides/Orwhateveryoucallit feels you have to have the experience consciously, it will happen anyway. At least it happened for me. So don't worry, it's perfectly reasonable for you to not do it if you feel it's not for you. Not everything is.
Like Beekeeper said, some believe that if you experience the astral planes and understand what it is that happens after you die, you will not get stuck in a belief system territory after you die, because you will have an awareness of it. But like she said, it is a faith/belief thing, so you will believe what you will believe, and that's that.
Good luck on your endeavors and please don't be a stranger.

Korpo
15th February 2011, 04:04 PM
Hello, klabs1976.

Somehow I come to a conclusion that OBE is a hole in the system, its not meant to be.

Well, I don't think so. It has its purpose. Projection can serve data retrieval (akashic record, contact to guides), assuring you of your own immortality as a spirit, visiting the afterdeath realms (one could wonder how for example the Tibetan Book of Living and Dying was written), getting into contact with non-human intelligences, exploring alternate past, present and future scenarios...

Do you guys see any benefit of OBE/AP after death? Does it give any advantage?

It might speed up the afterlife journey, but I see the main advantages before death, really.

Cheers,
Oliver

Enochian
15th February 2011, 08:15 PM
I too struggled to see where OBE fits into a spirtual path.

My conclusion is that OBE does not fit into Western religions or paths. Does the Bible ever recommend OBE? Nope.

It only fits into eastern buddhist type stuff, especially Dzogchen, like Korpo mentioned. (Tibetan Book of Living and Dying is a Dzogchen book).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dzogchen

Dear klabs: You project every time you sleep, dreams are projections
You also have a real time zone projection every night as well. The real time double assumes a sleeping position over your physical body, patiently waiting for the akashic wind.

lightgal
16th February 2011, 12:55 AM
I believe we are all hear to improve ourselves and become more self aware. We have several levels of bodies and states of being to us. We have a choice to be concsiously aware of the physical state only or to open our awareness to other levels as well. This additional awareness adds more dimension and atmosphere to ouralready existing reality. I am hoping that as I become more spiritually aware I will be able to be conscious in the higher realms while in obe.

There is probably a balance of some kind relating to how much time is spent out of body and how much time in spent in physical body awareness.

Korpo
16th February 2011, 05:48 PM
Hello, lightgal.

There is probably a balance of some kind relating to how much time is spent out of body and how much time in spent in physical body awareness.

Given that most people can't remember more than one or two pages worth of experience when writing it down seems to indicate, yes.

I am hoping that as I become more spiritually aware I will be able to be conscious in the higher realms while in obe.

I think there's a good chance for that. :)

Cheers,
Oliver

lightgal
16th February 2011, 10:51 PM
Awhh... Thanks Oliver, I sure hope so.

Lightgal

CFTraveler
28th June 2012, 03:47 PM
I too struggled to see where OBE fits into a spirtual path.

My conclusion is that OBE does not fit into Western religions or paths. Does the Bible ever recommend OBE? Nope.

It only fits into eastern buddhist type stuff, especially Dzogchen, like Korpo mentioned. (Tibetan Book of Living and Dying is a Dzogchen book).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dzogchen

I was searching the forums for a thread like this for another poster (so I don't have to write all this down again) and I came upon this- I have to say, that after studying Hermetics (a Western Path) I have to say I disagree- Projection of consciousness is taught as a part of this study in higher levels, and in the Bible, even though it is not promoted, it is mentioned as something prophets do. So, no.

dreaming90
29th June 2012, 04:27 PM
OBE's in the bible, let's see...

Paul's visit to the "third heaven" (indicates knowledge of separate levels of nonphysical reality)

The beginning of Revelations, "I was in Spirit on the Lord's day"

Buhlman talks about more examples in Secret of the Soul. I think OBE is more or less the basis of religion and spirituality as we know it no matter where on earth you look. Take shamanic journeys, for example-- practiced for at least 50,000 years, probably longer.

CFTraveler
29th June 2012, 08:45 PM
Yep. There are many allusions to projection in the Bible, both old and new testament, but I'm too lazy to look them up.

ButterflyWoman
30th June 2012, 04:27 AM
There are also a number of Christian mystics throughout the ages who had experiences we would certainly call "out of body". One that leaps to mind is Catherine of Siena, but Teresa of Avila had all sorts of visions, too, and some definitely had the character of OBE. Possibly also Juan de la Cruz (John of the Cross), just to mention one more.

astral_neophyte
1st August 2012, 08:43 AM
For me the most tangible "proof" of having an OBE experience being something transcending a mere dream, and also the most beneficial aspect, is that after having a particularly powerful one (in which I watched myself sleeping), it totally removed my fear of death.