PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Human Energy Field

starshine
22nd February 2011, 11:45 AM
Hello everybody,

This is my first post to this forum, I have had some interesting experiences regarding healing and the human aura and have a question that hopefully somebody can help me with.

I was just an ordinary child up until the age of about 8 when I grew enlarged breasts (which is not good for a boy) but I just put it down to insufficient exercise. Then at 14 I grew excessive body hair almost everywhere on my body which was an incredibly traumatic experience, tried to remove it with just about every known method and was unsuccessful. To cut a long story short all these strange things happened to my body like the ones I have mentioned and I never knew why. It was not until recently that I realized that I had had an overactive thyroid for most of my life and it was messing up just about every chemical balance in my body. Luckily at about the same time I had become acquainted with Robert's Energy Work book as well as the chakra system, and I knew that my hyperthyroidism must have had its origins in my throat chakra. I found a healer who balanced all my chakras and found that my throat chakra was white instead of blue. Anyway, my enlarged thyroid which I could feel though my throat shrank back down to size within hours of the healing. Now several weeks later some (but not all) of the effects of being hyperthyroid have disappeared.

I was angry and confused when I found out that all of my troubles with my body were caused by a chakra imbalance and wanted to know what had caused my throat chakra to be this way. I reflected long and hard over my early childhood to try and find some attitude, emotion or belief that could have caused it but found nothing, I was a happy kid until the vast amounts of thyroid hormone surging through me started to mutilate my body. So I decided to have some clairvoyant readings done on the subject, had two readings done and asked about a chakra imbalance from childhood, and both said the throat chakra was affected from birth. When I got this in the readings things started to make sense, as my mother was also hyperthyroid and had to have her thyroid gland destroyed with radio active iodine, and I made the connection between my mother's imbalance and my own.

So now I am working with the theory that it was my mother with the imbalance in this area for whatever reason and that I picked up on this energy from her energy field while I was developing in the womb and also developed the same imbalance accordingly. I contacted the healer who healed me and said that I thought that I had become imbalanced in the womb from her energy and that it was plausible since my mother also had an overactive thyroid. He said that I shouldn't blame my mother and that we have to take personal responsibility for what happens in our consciousness and energy field. In other words he believed that you cannot become imbalanced just by being exposed to someone else's imbalanced energy and that for the same imbalance to occur in me while in the womb I would have had to make the decision to develop the same or similar belief or emotions that caused the imbalance in my mother otherwise I would be protected from my mother's energy. I am not ready to believe this view as I find it extremely difficult to believe that I made the decision either consciously or subconsciously to develop the same behavior, emotions, attitudes or beliefs as my mother and developed the same imbalance accordingly all while still in the womb.

So my question for experienced healers here is: Is it possible to take on the imbalanced energy of another person and develop the same symptoms as they have without having the same destructive beliefs, attitudes, emotions or behaviors as they do? I have read up on the associated behaviors beliefs and emotions that cause a throat chakra imbalance, and cannot see any of them in myself during early childhood, but can see them in my mother. I read in Robert's Energy Work that undissolved energy cords after a healing can adversely affect the life and health of a healer so my guess is that you do not need to have the same belief as another person to be affected by their energy and develop the same symptom as them. The healer I went to also maintained that it is not possible for a healer to take on the energy/symtom of a person they are healing and that imbalanced energy starts with your own unhealthy belief or attitude etc. I am pretty sure this guy is wrong, but if anybody could provide me with some further input it would be greatly appreciated.

Neil Templar
22nd February 2011, 03:55 PM
i'm no expert, but i'd say your healer is on the right track.
it's not in the womb that we decide what lessons this incarnation is to provide tho, these choices are made between lives, according to this particular belief system. at the same time as choosing our parents and other influential beings in our lives, and them choosing us to play whatever part we will in their lives...

i'd say this 'imbalance' has served a very good purpose so far. it's led you to seek healing and in doing so, exposed you to the greater reality, ie, energy work, your belief in such things, and the possibility of an ever expanding understanding of the true nature of your being, which will unfold the more deeply you look into and question this stuff.
so give thanks to the discomfort of your experiences in your youth. they've brought you here. and that's a good thing. :D

don't be surprised if you look back 5 years from now, and see this as the pivotal moment that led you to becoming a healer yourself :wink:

CFTraveler
22nd February 2011, 04:51 PM
I agree with what Neil said. Your temporal self can create your reality according to your beliefs and attitudes, but your Higher Self could have made the decision to be born to a mother (perhaps it was a soul agreement between both of you) with this type of problem for a reason, and to become a healer sounds like a possible reason in my opinion.

farewell2arms
22nd February 2011, 04:53 PM
Hello Starshine!

If I understand you correctly, you are no longer troubled by this disease?

If so, ask yourself this: What if you could never get a clear answer to your question?

What you surely know though, is that your mother has carried you for 9 moths in this womb for you to experience life as it is right now.

The past is the past. It's already happened. Let go of it. What to make of the future is up to you. Do you want to be a forgiving person?

Cheers,

John

starshine
22nd February 2011, 09:26 PM
okay, but that still doesn't answer my question. I am open to the possibility that I may have decided to experience it pre-birth. But is the imbalance itself a result of my own attitudes in the womb or just as a result of being exposed to imbalanced energies from my mother?

CFTraveler
22nd February 2011, 09:39 PM
It's a chicken-egg scenario situation- The mechanism seems to exist to make the body manifest a characteristic by being exposed to a certain field (morphic field, it seems) but it is only a mechanism in which to work out a situation. Your mother herself was born with this physical challenge, and we don't know if the disease caused the field in the first place, or the field was preexistent before she had the illness, etc. etc.
If morphic resonance is the mechanism (as it seems to be, I would guess) we don't know why this specific template exists in the first place, if there is a first place.... one of those things in which causality as we think we understand it may not apply.

CFTraveler
22nd February 2011, 09:40 PM
Or, I don't know. :) However, the idea of an infant having 'attitude' in the womb makes no sense to me.

starshine
23rd February 2011, 04:35 AM
Your mother herself was born with this physical challenge, and we don't know if the disease caused the field in the first place, or the field was preexistent before she had the illness, etc. etc.

No she wasn't. I was born with it, but she wasn't. She developed it between the ages of 37-39, but the energy that caused the condition would have been lingering in the energy body before that. Throat chakra imbalance is associated with not being who you really are and playing along with others just to please them, even when you are not being true to yourself. I can see this quality in my mother. So I am of the opinion that it was created by tension in her own consciousness which then moved to the energy body and then to the physical body.

And for the record I don't believe in diseases having a predetermined energy blueprint in anybody's energy field. It takes considerable time for sufficient energy of the right kind to build up in the aura before it spills over into the physical and manifests as illness or disease. For the record everything that happened to me did such psychological damage to me that I actually got cancer at age 23 (yes bowel cancer at 23), not because of my genes, or my diet or my lifestyle but because I was very unhealthy emotionally and mentally for about 8 years, but to the extreme in the last 3 (between the ages of 20 and 23) that all those unhealthy emotions manifested as cancer.

I also know a woman who had a brother who was born with severe down's syndrome, but he was so retarded that he died at the age of 7. Her mother was convinced that her mental and emotional state during pregnancy caused her to have such a retarded child, she went through a divorce, lost her job had money issues and was severely stressed the entire 9 months and all of this unhealthy energy would have had an effect on the growing fetus, which it did. So I am working with the idea that while the mother's energy may not be sufficient to give herself a physical ailment, it requires a lot less energy to negatively influence the development of a fetus which would be true in this case and in my case as well.

I don't really believe in heredity anymore, after my experience with both hyperthyroidism and cancer I know that most of what we deem to be genetic is actually caused by unborn children picking up on the unbalanced energy of their mother, it is not predetermined in their genes. Genes play less of a role in disease than most people think. There is no history of bowel cancer in my family by the way. I do not believe that diseases cancers etc create their own morphic field. The human energy field creates the body, the body does not generate the energy field. I know from experience that disease CANNOT exist in the presence of healthy energy. So I don't think it is a chicken and egg scenario, as I know that illness does not move from the physical body to the energy field, its the other way around. So while I may have chosen to experience this pre-birth I know that illness is not created by flicking a switch in the spirit world and then coming here to experience it. All illness starts here, not in the spiritual and it normally comes about by being imbalanced, personal problems, emotional problems, anxieties etc.

Or, I don't know. :) However, the idea of an infant having 'attitude' in the womb makes no sense to me.

It doesn't make any sense to me either, but the healer said that I would have to develop the same tensions, beliefs, imbalances in my own consciousness before I developed the same energy and symptom as my mother, otherwise I would be protected in the womb from her energy field-doesn't really make any sense to me and the story about the child with down's syndrome does seem to suggest that we can be negatively influenced by the energy of others, we don't necessarily need to have the same unhealthy anxieties as them. So has any healer ever taken on the negative energy of someone they were healing or developed the same symptom as them without having the same belief/attitude that created the imbalance? I think that would answer my question as to whether this healer is wrong or not.

starshine
23rd February 2011, 04:55 AM
i'm no expert, but i'd say your healer is on the right track.
it's not in the womb that we decide what lessons this incarnation is to provide tho, these choices are made between lives, according to this particular belief system. at the same time as choosing our parents and other influential beings in our lives, and them choosing us to play whatever part we will in their lives...

Why do you believe we come here to learn lessons? I used to believe this too, but after personal experience and much reflection it didn't really make much sense to me. I am curious.

Neil Templar
23rd February 2011, 11:04 AM
Why do you believe we come here to learn lessons?
i'm not sure i can really answer that to your satisfaction i'm afraid... i mean, life is one long lesson, isn't it? from the moment we are born til the moment we die, we are learning. from our parents, from our life experiences, from our children... i mean, look at someone who doesn't learn lessons in life - he does the same thing over and over again, basically stuck, which usually leads to a state of depression and/or illness, until whatever lesson is finally learned and he can move on/heal... isn't learning lessons the very basic nature of our life existence?

I used to believe this too, but after personal experience and much reflection it didn't really make much sense to me. I am curious.
i can't imagine any life experience that would make you think you're not here to learn. :?
if you're not here to learn, then what are you here for?
you're certainly asking a lot of questions right now. what would you call that? i'd say, an effort to learn about your condition, and to understand more of the human experience.
so what part of this is not about learning some kind of lesson?

or, are you asking me about the belief system mentioned? - that of having specific lessons, possibly chosen before incarnation.
why i believe in that?
personal experience. i was seriously ill when i was a younger man, and illness that left traces in my body afterwards...
a friend tried to do a healing, working with my higher self. she was told that she couldn't heal this for me, that it was part of my life plan. this illness had a direct influence on me, in that it made me focus on my health, and ultimately lead me to becoming a healer myself. as the situation unfolded, various signs along the way have made it quite clear this is the path i have to follow right now, so i believe it.

btw, i'm sure i've read about chakra development in various places, and IIRC, a baby doesn't have a fully developed chakra system. i cannot remember which ones develop at what time in our lives, but i'm pretty sure it would be the lowest one first, working upwards through the lifetime of the human... if that's the case, your i dea of your chakra imbalance having developed in the womb might need looking at. tho, i must state again, i really cannot remember the details, and it might not even be true, but maybe is something you should look further into...maybe someone round here knows more of that...?

starshine
23rd February 2011, 11:37 AM
i'm not sure i can really answer that to your satisfaction i'm afraid... i mean, life is one long lesson, isn't it? from the moment we are born til the moment we die, we are learning. from our parents, from our life experiences, from our children... i mean, look at someone who doesn't learn lessons in life - he does the same thing over and over again, basically stuck, which usually leads to a state of depression and/or illness, until whatever lesson is finally learned and he can move on/heal... isn't learning lessons the very basic nature of our life existence?

What would an omniscient being have a need of learning here on earth?

i can't imagine any life experience that would make you think you're not here to learn. If you're not here to learn, then what are you here for?

I would be looking at self discovery, self expression, and creating unique experiences, rather than coming here to learn lessons per se. Lessons imply a right and a wrong way of doing things, and since good and bad does not exist beyond the human mind lessons don't really make any sense, at least from a spiritual perspective.

or, are you asking me about the belief system mentioned? - that of having specific lessons, possibly chosen before incarnation.
why i believe in that?
personal experience. i was seriously ill when i was a younger man, and illness that left traces in my body afterwards...
a friend tried to do a healing, working with my higher self. she was told that she couldn't heal this for me, that it was part of my life plan. this illness had a direct influence on me, in that it made me focus on my health, and ultimately lead me to becoming a healer myself. as the situation unfolded, various signs along the way have made it quite clear this is the path i have to follow right now, so i believe it.

What you are referring to here is what I would think of as a purpose, a calling or a reason rather than a lesson that needed to be learnt. You wanted to experience being a healer, and wanted to create that experience here, rather than a pass/fail scenario that everyone must go through in order to obtain spiritual growth.

btw, i'm sure i've read about chakra development in various places, and IIRC, a baby doesn't have a fully developed chakra system. i cannot remember which ones develop at what time in our lives, but i'm pretty sure it would be the lowest one first, working upwards through the lifetime of the human... if that's the case, your i dea of your chakra imbalance having developed in the womb might need looking at. tho, i must state again, i really cannot remember the details, and it might not even be true, but maybe is something you should look further into...maybe someone round here knows more of that...?

Yes, I remember reading something like that too, but I don't really think it matters when certain chakras develop and whether or not they are present before birth. All physical things have an energetic component to them and that includes inanimate objects. So regardless of whether the chakras are already present in the womb a growing fetus would still have and be subject to subtle energy and that would include the energy field of the mother.

Neil Templar
23rd February 2011, 12:42 PM
"I would be looking at self discovery, self expression, and creating unique experiences, rather than coming here to learn lessons per se. Lessons imply a right and a wrong way of doing things, and since good and bad does not exist beyond the human mind lessons don't really make any sense, at least from a spiritual perspective."

ok i think we should take the word lesson out of this equation. i'm not talking about right or wrong scenarios.
i mean exactly the same thing as you are saying, experience, expression, it's all about growth, right? when i say learning, i mean just that - expanding upon the understanding we already have, of any and everything possible.
there is no right or wrong way to deal with any potential lesson in life. even not learning, and getting stuck, is in itself, a learning opportunity.

"What would an omniscient being have a need of learning here on earth?"

everything and anything that can be experienced here, while in a physical, emotional vehicle. the potentials are endless...

"What you are referring to here is what I would think of as a purpose, a calling or a reason rather than a lesson that needed to be learnt."
again, the word 'lesson' is getting in the way. this purpose/calling, whatever you want to call it, is exactly what i suggested to you in my first response. the reason behind your 'imbalance'. the imbalance serves as a catalyst that provides potential forward motion towards the potential of you becoming a healer, or learning about your spiritual nature...or whatever it is you are to learn/experience/grow to understand/whatever words you want to use..

"You wanted to experience being a healer, and wanted to create that experience here, rather than a pass/fail scenario that everyone must go through in order to obtain spiritual growth."
i'm not sure what you mean here. it seems like you're saying choosing to experience being a healer is something separate from obtaining spiritual growth.. i don't understand...

"Yes, I remember reading something like that too, but I don't really think it matters when certain chakras develop and whether or not they are present before birth. All physical things have an energetic component to them and that includes inanimate objects. So regardless of whether the chakras are already present in the womb a growing fetus would still have and be subject to subtle energy and that would include the energy field of the mother."
indeed, and here we get into concepts of 'no-time', if the non-existing chakra is to be affected in the future by the subtle energy of the womb environment. if indeed you insist that this must be how the imbalance was 'created' in the first place. i find that unlikely tho.
you say this imbalance first manifested at age 8, then you go on to say you've had an overactive thyroid "for most of my life". so, does that mean you're assuming it's been overactive since birth? or is there some other evidence that this was the case? i can imagine a doctor with no understanding of chakras simply saying "oh well, it's probably been that way since birth", since he knows no better.
but then, looking at your original post, you said "I contacted the healer who healed me and said that I thought that I had become imbalanced in the womb from her energy and that it was plausible since my mother also had an overactive thyroid."

so, you went in to the healer, with your own beliefs about this firmly in place. and this whole thread seems to be you trying to find a way to confirm them. you're looking for something to blame, a 'reason' for this 'happening to you'.

" He said that I shouldn't blame my mother and that we have to take personal responsibility for what happens in our consciousness and energy field. "
now, i know you said "I reflected long and hard over my early childhood to try and find some attitude, emotion or belief that could have caused it but found nothing" but that doesn't mean there wasn't an incident that might have sparked this off. as children, our concerns are vastly different to those of a grown-up. reading about soul retrievals, it seems a child can be so traumatised by something so small and seemingly insignificant to an adult, that a piece of the soul retreats, feeling unloved, until in adulthood the fragment is reintegrated during ongoing inner work.
there's a very good chance that whatever might have happened to make you feel like you were unable to communicate, or whatever it was, would be so insignificant seeming now, to your adult mind, that you would overlook it completely.
know what i'm saying?

but here's the thing. if it was something like that, let's say, your Mother didn't listen to something you were trying to communicate to her...and that need to communicate was so strong that it created an imbalance in your throat chakra, which manifested in your thyroid gland, then it could still be the result of an agreement made by yourself and your Mother, previous to incarnating. of course she has no memory of it, and didn't consciously know she was doing it at the time. but still, she'd have set the potentials perfectly, for your reaction to manifest in that way. it had nothing to do with being immersed in subtle energies in the womb, and everything to do with the agreement you made. and so your life continued, allowing you to experience this, exactly the way you were supposed to. bringing you to this point of seeking further understanding 8)

of course, this is all theoretical, and based on MY beliefs/opinion, nothing more.

the point is, it's always our responsibility. at the very most, it's a co-created experience, shared with another.
the best thing you can do is to move forward, not spend all you energy looking back, especially not trying to blame someone else for what you see as your misfortune. call it a blessing. that's how i see my illness. i'm truly thankful i went thru it. :D

starshine
23rd February 2011, 01:30 PM
"What would an omniscient being have a need of learning here on earth?"

everything and anything that can be experienced here, while in a physical, emotional vehicle. the potentials are endless...

Then we are talking about having experiences and not learning lessons.

i'm not sure what you mean here. it seems like you're saying choosing to experience being a healer is something separate from obtaining spiritual growth.. i don't understand...

Perfect beings don't need spiritual growth, I am saying the choice to be a healer and may be of personal benefit to you and your higher self, but it is not a requirement for advancement, which doesn't make any sense once you take time out of the equation.

indeed, and here we get into concepts of 'no-time', if the non-existing chakra is to be affected in the future by the subtle energy of the womb environment. if indeed you insist that this must be how the imbalance was 'created' in the first place. i find that unlikely tho.
you say this imbalance first manifested at age 8, then you go on to say you've had an overactive thyroid "for most of my life". so, does that mean you're assuming it's been overactive since birth? or is there some other evidence that this was the case? i can imagine a doctor with no understanding of chakras simply saying "oh well, it's probably been that way since birth", since he knows no better.
but then, looking at your original post, you said "I contacted the healer who healed me and said that I thought that I had become imbalanced in the womb from her energy and that it was plausible since my mother also had an overactive thyroid."

I never said it first manifested at 8, I said the first symptoms became visible at 8. Yes, I am assuming it has been overactive since birth as that is the information i got in two separate clairvoyant readings, the earliest visable symptoms I can remember appeared at about the age of 8, but I never recognized it as a symptom of an overactive thyroid, I only figured that out years later. I don't find the idea of my mother's energy field or my own energy field creating an imbalance in the future development of a chakra to be too farfetched. I had a quick look on google, one source said the throat chakra develops between 18-21 another said between 28 and 35, another said at the age of 7. I think jury is out as far as chakra development is concerned. It is not too uncommon for newborn babies to have thyroid problems, just check any thyroid forum. Unfortunately I was never diagnosed as a young child.

so, you went in to the healer, with your own beliefs about this firmly in place. and this whole thread seems to be you trying to find a way to confirm them. you're looking for something to blame, a 'reason' for this 'happening to you'.

No I didn't, I went to the healer having figured out that I was hyperthyroid but not knowing why. It was only after the healing that I developed the theory of how the imbalance had occured and then I contacted him again after the healing to ask him of his opinion on the matter. I am not looking for something to blame, I am looking for more information from healers for personal validation as to whether my theory really is plausable.

but here's the thing. if it was something like that, let's say, your Mother didn't listen to something you were trying to communicate to her...and that need to communicate was so strong that it created an imbalance in your throat chakra, which manifested in your thyroid gland, then it could still be the result of an agreement made by yourself and your Mother, previous to incarnating. of course she has no memory of it, and didn't consciously know she was doing it at the time. but still, she'd have set the potentials perfectly, for your reaction to manifest in that way. it had nothing to do with being immersed in subtle energies in the womb, and everything to do with the agreement you made. and so your life continued, allowing you to experience this, exactly the way you were supposed to. bringing you to this point of seeking further understanding

See the thing is, if things were to be predetermined to that extent would there be any value in coming here to experience them?

The other possibility is that it happened during early childhood as a result of something I don't even remember, but I would think that it have to be pretty significant fot it to create a chakra imbalance, and I remember having a pretty happy childhood until all these strange things started happening to my body, I can't say that I had any issues as a young child. Therefore I think it happening in the womb is more plausable.

Neil Templar
23rd February 2011, 02:04 PM
See the thing is, if things were to be predetermined to that extent would there be any value in coming here to experience them?
things aren't predetermined. there are POTENTIALS for them to take place. free will is always in place.

The other possibility is that it happened during early childhood as a result of something I don't even remember, but I would think that it have to be pretty significant fot it to create a chakra imbalance, and I remember having a pretty happy childhood until all these strange things started happening to my body, I can't say that I had any issues as a young child. Therefore I think it happening in the womb is more plausable.

like i said, what is significant to a child, is not what an adult would see as significant.

i'm only offering you possibilities here. i don't have answers.

starshine
23rd February 2011, 03:10 PM
things aren't predetermined. there are POTENTIALS for them to take place. free will is always in place.

like i said, what is significant to a child, is not what an adult would see as significant.

i'm only offering you possibilities here. i don't have answers.

Actually, I don't think determinism vs randomness or even free will is anywhere as clear cut as many would think, but that would be a huge subject worthy of its own thread.

"like i said, what is significant to a child, is not what an adult would see as significant."

I know, but if there had been something that had been emotionally charged enough to give me a chakra imbalance I think I would have remembered it, even if it has lost its significance now. Oh well, it may remain a mystery, but I think it happening in the womb is still the most plausible theory.

starshine
24th February 2011, 05:42 AM
Just found this on the internet:

When a woman is hyperthyroid during pregnancy, there is a small risk -- approximately 1% to 2% -- that her baby will develop hyperthyroidism before birth -- a condition known as fetal thyrotoxicosis -- or be born with hyperthyroidism -- known as neonatal hyperthyroidism. And while it's rare, hyperthyroidism can also occur in the newborns of mothers who have a history of Graves' disease, and who have already been treated with thyroidectomy or radioactive iodine.
The reason these babies are at risk is that antibodies in the mother's bloodstream, called thyrotropin receptor-stimulating antibodies (TSHR-SAb), can cross the placenta, and cause an overactive thyroid in the fetus. The higher these antibody levels in the mother, the higher the risk of hyperthyroidism in the unborn baby or newborn.
http://thyroid.about.com/od/hyperthyroidismgraves/a/newborns.htm

So there really is no doubt in my mind that this could have happened in the womb or shortly after birth as it has been medically documented to occur. How the energy of the mother and the fetus contribute to this happening is unclear, but the point is that this type of congenital defect happens somehow. My mother was treated for hyperthyroidism between 37-39 but could have had it for a lot longer before that, so it is possible that she was hyperthyroid during pregnancy or had the imbalance in her energy during pregnancy to create the disease in me.

Neil Templar
24th February 2011, 11:38 AM
well there you go. :D