PDA

View Full Version : Troy's Lucid Dreams

yortyort
24th February 2011, 08:24 PM
I thought it would be interesting to post some lucid dreams I have and see some responses, so here we go...!

A few nights ago I had a dream that started off in a dark basement and I was playing poker with some unkown people. I then realized that I didn't know any of the people so I became lucid. I walked upstairs and outside and the house was on an island in a small lake. I have never flown in a lucid dream before so I decided to try. I just thought it and right after I "took off" I woke up. I was excited to at least know the feeling. And BTW this is only the 4th of 5th time I've become lucid, but I have gotten it more frequntly now, like 3 in the past month.
I was just wondering also, does energy work help with becoming lucid, or just practice because I practice "Reality Checks" pretty often.

CFTraveler
24th February 2011, 08:35 PM
I think that the energy work does not 'give you energy' to become lucid, but it helps with self awareness, because the practice is one of self-awareness, if you know what I mean. However, I do think that the reality checks is what causes you to become lucid, at least in the beginning of the process.

yortyort
24th February 2011, 08:37 PM
Hey, just heard some weird news from a friend, but she said she had a dream in which she was sword fighting and got cut on the hand by her opponent. She woke up and saw her hand with a deep gash. She said nothing sharp is near her bed, but I'm stil a bit skeptical on that. Just wondering if anybody has had a similar experience.
Thanks,
Troy

lightgal
24th February 2011, 10:16 PM
Hi Troy.

I have never heard of that. I hope she was being fanciful or pulling your leg. I'm glad to hear your lucid dreaming is going well.

Lightgal :D

yortyort
24th February 2011, 10:53 PM
Haha yea hopefully, but I did see a cut on her hand. And thanks Lightgal :mrgreen: !

CFTraveler
24th February 2011, 10:55 PM
Hey, just heard some weird news from a friend, but she said she had a dream in which she was sword fighting and got cut on the hand by her opponent. She woke up and saw her hand with a deep gash. She said nothing sharp is near her bed, but I'm stil a bit skeptical on that. Just wondering if anybody has had a similar experience.
Thanks,
Troy I have had something similar to that, but it's not what you may think at first.

When I was young I had a fever (like the Pink Floyd song) and I woke up paralyzed and felt (and saw) a beautiful butterfly in my room. It was psychedelic looking. To my consternation it flew around and proceeded to park itself on my ear. I could feel it's little legs as it got ready to go inside my ear, and this alarmed me so that I woke up, swatted it, and found that I really had a mosquito walking on my ear.
Apparently, in my asleep-but not quite awake state I heard the buzzing of the mosquito, and made a dream about it.
I have also, in more recent times been attacked by a large furry beast that ate my feet just to wake up to find a naughty kitten gnawing on my feet.

So it is not surprising to guess that she could have been having a dream which caused her to somehow scratch/cut herself as she slept (like in sleepwalking, sometimes you can move your torso, and not your legs) and then make a dream about it, only to find herself really injured when she woke up.

lightgal
24th February 2011, 10:58 PM
Whew! That makes sense :)

yortyort
24th February 2011, 11:22 PM
Thanks CF,
I thought that might have been the case. A year or to ago I had a dream that I was laying with someone and woke up to see my dog next to me. Also, a kind of bizarre dream, but if you have read "The Machine", this creepy short story with a torture device using a needle, that's what I was in kind of and woke up with a bee sting on my chest! Quite a nightmare lol. :wink:
Thanks for the feedback.

yortyort
3rd March 2011, 01:20 AM
Hello,
I haven't had any significant lucid dreams. One or two short ones, but that's it. This shouldn't be posted here but it's just a quick question. I have had some trouble activating my base chakra. I really have to concentrate on it for a few minutes and repeat affirmations. Anybody know any reasons for this? Thanks!

CFTraveler
3rd March 2011, 02:22 AM
It's fairly natural. There are a few possibilities on why (the typical western culture and the chakra's proximity to the sex organs) but it is fairly common to have an underactive base chakra.

yortyort
3rd March 2011, 11:23 PM
Ok Thank you :D I did a lot of energy work last night an focused on my base chakra. Now throughout today, I have easily stimulated it.

CFTraveler
4th March 2011, 12:16 AM
That's great. It took me a long time to activate mine, and then it stayed 'on' for a while. Now it's basically underactive, because I don't work it.

yortyort
4th March 2011, 12:26 AM
Yea, I was thinking that I probably won't be able to spend as much time on it usually so hopefully it stays pretty active.lol