PDA

View Full Version : Which is more effective?

Akashic_Librarian
1st April 2006, 06:09 PM
Which is more effective, a blank-mind trance or a a contemplation trance?

CFTraveler
1st April 2006, 07:55 PM
Whichever you can achieve without getting frustrated. Sometimes mixing them up is the best for me. If I attempt to blank my mind at first all I get is negative thoughts in reaction to all the stuff that comes up. If I contemplate on something, after a while I move into the "nothing" stare, (what I call it), it is more natural for me, and more achievable.

1st April 2006, 09:35 PM
It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you are seeking the bliss state or beingness, a blank mind, toning, using a mantra, Omm, etc. can be effective. The toning, mantras, etc. are just ways to get you to a blank mind state. Most people have a hard time making their mind go blank and need a little something to help.

If you want to contact people who have crossed over, do inner child work, talk to a body part and heal it, past life regression, contact guides, or phase, then a more active state (such as contemplation or self-guided meditation) seems more productive.

Of course, everyone is different, so this probably doesn't hold true for everyone. But, this is how I teach it in my hypnosis practice and my spiritual development group, and so far, it's worked really great.

stargazer
3rd April 2006, 12:15 AM
If you want to contact people who have crossed over, do inner child work, talk to a body part and heal it, past life regression, contact guides, or phase, then a more active state (such as contemplation or self-guided meditation) seems more productive.

If you have a moment or two, could you post some tips or favorite techniques? Thank you!! :D

3rd April 2006, 01:26 AM
Whoa, that's a tall order. I could be writing all day long. There are hundreds of hypno techniques. Could you be more specific about what you are interested in. If you narrow it down, I'd be willing to write about it.

stargazer
3rd April 2006, 02:01 AM
Well, I feel like there's so much I don't know about the various hypno states...

I would have to say active over passive... a good "Mind awake body asleep" baseline to springboard to clairvoyance, core image work, or phasing.

Did that narrow it down any? If it didn't, I'd be happy if you posted any one of your favorite techniques.

3rd April 2006, 03:10 AM
Hmmmm...I've never used deep trance for purposes of clairvoyance. It's all just come naturally to me. If I'm doing remote viewing, I just calm my mind and start writing things that are coming to me. I think developing chakras is more the way to go for clairvoyance. Aunt Clair could probably answer this better than me. She studies what she does. I just kind of wing it.

"Mind awake, body asleep" is more of a passive trance...calming the mind, calming the body. That's one of those "practice, practice, practice" things. I suppose you could use guided imagery by starting at your toes, visualizing and relaxing them at the same time, and slowly move up your body. That's what I do with clients for a hypnotic trance, but the goal is different. I'm not trying to get their body asleep for astral traveling or phasing. I'm trying to get them to a physically and mentally relaxed state where they are deeply focusing, but still able to talk. There is a lot of talking going in hynotherapy...both the hypnotherapist and the hypnotee. I don't want their body "asleep" as it would cause to much emotional distress. (Most people coming to a hynotherapist aren't looking to astral travel).

So, to phasing. I haven't been able to have a full blown conscious OBE yet. I can get out of my body, then all I have are vague memories. I've been doing "phasing" for years, but never knew what it was called until reading about it on AP forum. So, here's my technique. It probably differs from the technical phasing, but it works for me.

* I relax my body and mind, going into a deep trance. I can do this pretty quickly since I've been doing it so long. But, essentially it's another "practice, practice, etc" thing. Using a passive technique helps with this. Blank mind by practicing in very small increments, letting any thoughts drift in and out without getting uptight about them is important. Then you keep increasing the amount of time that you can go blank. I somehow go into a black crevice that I call "the Nothingness". It's completely dark and still. Now, I can close my eyes and repeat "nothingness" and I get there. Again, that's from lots of practice.

* I don't want to go too deep if I am going to work on something or I'll end up in the "beingness" state, which is a different frequency than the astral plane. Some call it "higher", but there really is no up or down, higher or lower. So there must be a balance of being very relaxed, in a deep trance, but with very focused thinking abilities. I've never noticed my body being "asleep" with this method, but I am not even aware of having a body. So, I wouldn't know if it was asleep or not. I THINK this is similar to what Aunt Clair likes to do. It's a moving of your consciousness rather than your astral body. She has a name for it that I can't remember right now. For me, it's more of a going within than going without like an RTZ OBE.
* Then, to phase to meet guides, I put my focus on the "perfect" place that I have built in the astral. Mine is on a mountain top, inside a small valley which is surrouded by pine trees, clear blue sky, waterfall to the left, multi-colored flowers everywhere (which sing to me, by the way), a water fountain with stone benches around it in the center, paths running through the flowers, and an arched gateway behind me to the right. There is another arched gateway to the right and far away, at the farthest end of the meadow. I know, elaborate. It actually gets even more elaborate than that. What can I say, I'm an artist. :D
* So, to meet guides, I quietly sit on the bench and wait for them (or him) to come through the farthest away arch and meet me to talk at the fountain. I never know who is going to show up. The highest one is always very busy and only comes in for very important things. By the way, this is how I also meet my Higher Self, which appears as a shimmering light that merges with me and gives me information.
* For past life work, I start at a dirt path on the right that stretches very far back. You have to focus your intent that you want to experience a past life. As I head towards the gated archway I go very slowly until I start becoming aware of things. Sometimes looking down to see what is on my feet, or whether I'm barefooted, or don't have feet at all. As things start emerging, and I am becoming more aware of being in a different place and time, by the time I step through the arched gateway, I am in a full blown past life. I have a very different technique when working with clients. For some reason, I don't go to past lives anymore. I always end up in the "beingness" state or an OverSoul state.

I have to stop now, as I am getting a brow chakra beating that we were talking about in another thread. :lol: If you want to know more techniques, more detail, or don't understand something, let me know. I'll check this thread regularly.

Nay
3rd April 2006, 03:34 PM
Wow, thanks for that Patti. Interesting what you call passive trance. A few years ago, quite often, while I was relaxing my youngest would always come in a interrupt causing me to either stop completely or start over which sucked just as bad. After a few times I realized that if I was very careful I could talk to Zach without disturbing the trance that I had obtained at that point. So, I guess that was a passive trance I had myself in. :)

And I too have come across a tall shimmer human form, I say he because it just seems to be a tall man but has no features or a well defined shape and he looks like he is filled with stars. I never thought of it being my higherself, but he did help me each time I saw him...well, I don't know if helped is the right word, he "transported" me to different locations. That sounds more like a guide, doesn't? Whomever, I'm grateful.

Your special place sounds wonderful! I visit a couple of houses and water locations.. I love the water. Just last night I was trying the "phasing" method again and I noticed that I keep finding myself in a open area surrounded by tall trees. When this scene starts to come into view it looks exactly like a drawing I did years ago. Wonder what that's all about..
I paint and draw too, btw..hehe.. can we possibly have more in common?

I need to add new stuff to my page and you need to post some of your stuff. :P But here's some of my work. muse, if you look, be kind. :wink:

http://community.webshots.com/user/naykyd I forgot that one isn't a painting or drawing.. "space" is done on one of those computer programs, it was actually fun doing that. :)

Take Care,
Nay

3rd April 2006, 11:02 PM
WOW!!! Nay, those are gorgeous!! I'm really impressed. I haven't painted on canvas in years, but I have two HUGE wall murals in my house that I started over 4 years ago, got about 3/4 completed and haven't finished. (My husband is NOT happy, one of them is of the French wine country, and it's in his gameroom/wineroom). When I finish them (please, don't hold your breath - hazardous to your health), I'll try to post them...IF I can figure out this computer thingie.
Soulsista' PattY

Nay
4th April 2006, 01:29 AM
Thank you PattY! sorry about the i :D

Apex
4th April 2006, 06:08 AM
Ah, thanks for sharing those methods you use Painterhypnogirl. They were quite insightful (and descriptive).

CFTraveler
4th April 2006, 12:57 PM
Awesome, Nay! 'Beach Night' is my favorite.

Nay
4th April 2006, 03:17 PM
Thanks so much CFTraveler! appreciate it. :D

stargazer
5th April 2006, 12:02 AM
Thanks Patty!! There's some great information there!!

Your "special" place is rather like the medicine place described in the Tom Brown / Grandfather Stalking Wolf philosophy school... Tom and Grandfather believe that all of us have a "personal" space in the astral that we can tailor as we like, but over time it tends to take on a fixed form and is generally made up of natural features vs. manmade, with the exception of two arch ways and a set of stairs. You enter the medicine place from a guided meditation by going down a set of stairs that lead to an archway. The second archway is a bridge to the astral planes. Within your medicine place, which can be huge, there is a specific sort of "campfire" place that is like the heart of your medicine place, which sounds very much like your fountain. The medicine place is often used as a landing point to head off into the astral; the astral gateway is hung with a red and a blue lamp to help you find the gateway on your way back, if you wish to re-enter via your medicine place. Which I think is a very safe way to return, as others have noticed that negative entities like to hang out in transitional states. There is also a guardian / guide at that gateway, and at each progressive gateway ... if you choose to experience the astral planes that way.

Oh, also, you can bring others to your medicine place in a guided meditation and they can verify certain features of the landscape to you, including features that you may not be consciously aware are there.

Aunt Clair did make a good thread about clairvoyance; I will have to go poke around for it. :D

5th April 2006, 09:09 PM
stargazer,
I'm not surprised by your post. I've recalled two past lives as a native American, and have a guide who is a native american woman. I was OBSESSED with Indians growing up! My parents thought I was weird. I haven't read anything about the school you mentioned, and I know next to nothing about Shamanism. But, I deeply identify with native Americans. Those guys in movies with the long flowing black hair riding wildly across the plain bareback on a horse make my heart go pitypat. I've been trained in Equestrian riding and jumping, but I'm most happy riding a horse bareback with no shoes. :D

Matthew
5th April 2006, 10:24 PM
Good post on your technique, PHG...very informative. Thanks. :wink:

Also, Tom Brown.... good stuff! As a teenager I spent endless days and nights in the woods tracking animals, identifying plants, and meditating. Tom Brown's books were profoundly insightful (and very helpful later on when I did Special Operations in the Marine Corps and spent endless weeks in the woods both in America and overseas). I highly recommend his books both for their focus on Nature and on the spiritual journey.

-Matthew

25th April 2006, 12:24 AM
It all depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you are seeking the bliss state or beingness, a blank mind, toning, using a mantra, Omm, etc. can be effective. The toning, mantras, etc. are just ways to get you to a blank mind state. Most people have a hard time making their mind go blank and need a little something to help.

Of course, everyone is different, so this probably doesn't hold true for everyone. But, this is how I teach it in my hypnosis practice and my spiritual development group, and so far, it's worked really great.
Different? I thought you believed in non-duality...

25th April 2006, 12:31 AM
Which is more effective, a blank-mind trance or a a contemplation trance?
I have a variety of techniques -- none of which work...

25th April 2006, 12:41 AM
Wow, thanks for that Patti. Interesting what you call passive trance. A few years ago, quite often, while I was relaxing my youngest would always come in a interrupt causing me to either stop completely or start over which sucked just as bad. After a few times I realized that if I was very careful I could talk to Zach without disturbing the trance that I had obtained at that point. So, I guess that was a passive trance I had myself in. :)

And I too have come across a tall shimmer human form, I say he because it just seems to be a tall man but has no features or a well defined shape and he looks like he is filled with stars. I never thought of it being my higherself, but he did help me each time I saw him...well, I don't know if helped is the right word, he "transported" me to different locations. That sounds more like a guide, doesn't? Whomever, I'm grateful.

Your special place sounds wonderful! I visit a couple of houses and water locations.. I love the water. Just last night I was trying the "phasing" method again and I noticed that I keep finding myself in a open area surrounded by tall trees. When this scene starts to come into view it looks exactly like a drawing I did years ago. Wonder what that's all about..
I paint and draw too, btw..hehe.. can we possibly have more in common?

I need to add new stuff to my page and you need to post some of your stuff. :P But here's some of my work. muse, if you look, be kind. :wink:

http://community.webshots.com/user/naykyd I forgot that one isn't a painting or drawing.. "space" is done on one of those computer programs, it was actually fun doing that. :)

Take Care,
Nay
Your "shimmer human form" ... "filled with stars" is too much. I could never do that. I have no imagination, I guess.

Tom
25th April 2006, 12:44 AM
My favorite approach is to use passive methods that will keep things going for me, like using crystal grids and playing MP3 files of mantra in the background during the day. I know it is better to take an active approach, but some days it is all I have time to do to set up these passive methods. A glass of water where it will be in the sun during the day to drink during the evening, for example. During the day I will watch for opportunities to sit for a few minutes to watch my breathing and to allow the tension from the momentum of the day to unwind. Frequent short sessions keep that momentum from building up the way it used to, and when I get the chance to really sit down and meditate my mind is a lot more responsive than it might otherwise me.